Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dirt Showdown

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jun 12, 2012

Codemasters' latest entry into their rally series is an arcade spin-off. Featuring over-the-top demolition, and hoonigan action, as well as race events.

Like Dirt 2, only with more explosions, hoons and hearses.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By 234r2we232

Here's the announcement trailer for Codermasters' upcoming sub-entry (I mean that in a nice way) into the Dirt franchise: Dirt Showdown.

So apparently it's an arcade-style "race-em-up" game. What can this mean for Dirt 4? I imagine now that a game like Showdown exists for them to implement their more casual-friendly, rally-inspired, arcade experiments on, anything else could only be pure rally-sim, right?

Full story: HERRRE.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AlexW00d

Hopefully this will be them spurting their shitty Ken Block load and returning to actual Rallying for Dirt 4. Hopefully. Please.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By 234r2we232

@AlexW00d: I'm surprised they haven't made a "Ken Block's Pro Gymkhana" yet. I guess this'll be the closest thing.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kmdrkul

I LOVED the figure eight track from GRID. Super excited for this one.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#5  Edited By MightyDuck

I'm looking forward to this. The destruction derby flair is what's got me excited. I remember the old destruction derby ps1 games. I think they were made by psygnosis?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.