Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disc Jam

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 07, 2017

Disc Jam is a disc-based future sport for 2 to 4 players.

Enjoying being good at a game again

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Disc jam is great. I have been having a great time playing, I played in beta and got good understanding of how game works. One of the few problems I have is finding games. Despite being in Miami I play in US west server most of the time cause there always seem to be more people there. Either server, I have been have a tough time finding good opponents. I don't really want to just crush people all the time, cause I don't want to be a dick and scare off people from playing. Some people are playing their first game and the don't know how return anything or can't follow some curves. I usually don't care for ranked online play, but now that I find myself playing most games at half effort I want more good competitors. I'm sure its the hours of play time I have in already over most people helping me. I am rarely in this position though, normally I'm late to a game and play causally, just for fun. Crushing random fools online can be fun though. I'm enjoy the game.

tips you don't need to hold and fully charge shield to block disc over net. In fact, its better when playing the net to just wait and tap block quickly. After you drop a few on people and they start playing closer instead of blocking discs just catch them and rifle them.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, anyone playing on PS4 that wants a challenge or play doubles find me, usually 7-10pm.

same name BoFooQ

FreshlySquozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I feel like I'm getting matched up with better competition lately and I don't like it. I liked being dominant better.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By GaspoweR

freshlysquozen said:

I feel like I'm getting matched up with better competition lately and I don't like it. I liked being dominant better.

That's the point. I'm sure those people you dominated don't like that feeling as well. I like it better when I can beat someone who is pretty good.

FreshlySquozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well obviously. I still win nearly all of my games and all that. It just felt good to be so much better than everybody else. I am glad that I've been able to confirm that I'm not some sort of prodigy though. I was starting to wonder with all the scrubs I racked up wins on.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaspower: I've been in the same boat as you, being pretty dominant and better than most players, usually winning every match and game. One time, though, I faced somebody that was leagues ahead of me. I don't know if I was just off my game that day and couldn't read the angles or if they were really that good, but I kept getting destroyed and never one more than 2 or 3 matches in maybe 5 games. I really wanted to play against this guy as much as I could, because I feel like you can only get better if you fight better opponents, but after a while getting bodied like that I felt really awful.

It doesn't help that he kept spamming "Come on guy!" "Rekt!" and "LOL" every time he scored. I like a lot of the options you can pick to say, especially "Whoops!" and "I'm rattled." but that rapid spam of demoralizing comments that only picked up in pace as the rematches went on made me put the game down for the day. I understand trash talk is a part of competitive gaming, but it really sucks when there are no stakes or rankings and people still want to talk trash.

I try to never make people feel uncomfortable or awful because I happen to play better than them. This game is really fun, and I think the goofy rag dolls add to the fun. The rare times I happen to get into a pick up doubles that's really evensided are some of my favorite games. Windjammers is great because of how fun it is to watch and play and this game has those elements to make it great.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@burncoat: I have a weird theory since this happens to me sometimes, I would accidentally press the inputs for the taunts whenever I try to input a move on the analog stick because I try do it really fast I and end up also swiping the dpad. Maybe this guy was intentionally being cocky but it may just be a possibility.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.