Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 11, 2016

Set fifteen years after the end of the first game, Dishonored 2 allows players to continue the story as either original protagonist Corvo Attano or his daughter and apprentice, the now-deposed Empress Emily Kaldwin.

How Not To Kill?

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quipido

I am a bit late to the party, but I jist started this game this week and enjoying it a lot. I played the first one on PS4 rerelease, I didn't have a plan how to play it, started it and experimented with the system and ended up playing the second two thirds as stealthy as possible with little to no kills. So for the sequel I went in with a goal of no kills. So far I am in mission six, I didn't kill anyone but the stat screen says I killed 3. Looking around web I found out they patched in an ability to replay missions, but there are no stats for each mission so I can't even say where it went wrong. I don't really know what even could happen, I always put stunned enemies in places where they can not fall anywhere, yet somehow some of them died. I don't even know if there is a trophy for a no kill run lr anything, it's more about me enjoying the game this way (11 hours in so far), but it bums me out when I finish a perfect stealth mission to see a stat screen saying I killed people. Anything I can do about it? Or just go with and enjoy the rest of the game as it is?

Edit: Dishonored 2 is the game, I'm on phone and somehow ended up in General Discussion, sorry about that

Edit 2: managed to move it to a proper forum, phew :-)

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fatalbanana

I managed to do a perfect ghost/no kill play through my first time around and there are a few things to be aware of.

1. Rats eat people. Don't leave bodies anywhere near where rats can be.

2. It's easy to accidently murder a person. Make sure to not drop them too far or leave them in a place where they can die.

3. Every enemy including bosses can be non-lethaled but special enemies turn to rats when killed or knocked out. These enemies are best to knock out from a distance and deal with the rats as they come. Rats can be killed without worry.

It's been awhile since I did this so I'm undoubtedly missing some stuff but hopefully someone else can give you better advice.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, I didn't think of rats eating knocked out people, that might be the problem, thank you!

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rats eating people does not count as a death if you first knocked them out. At least it didn't for me.

Are you sure you got the deaths in Mission 6? The only place I can think of where you might have gotten deaths is Mission 5. When you do the non-lethal approach for Brianna Ashworth, some of the witches on that mission can fall off ledges that end up counting as deaths.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Its not the witches as they patched that. I suspect it happened during Clockwork Mansion mission. If you follow the direction of the objectives they tell you to rewire a wall of light. If you do this some of the patrolling enemies will eventually be killed by it.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I saw bloodflies kill a few unconscious people but not rats, interesting. I just finished this game last week and killed a few guards for sure and at least one "boss" that you have the option of not killing (Actually he was killed by another enemy in a hilariously awesome way). Despite this it never went above low chaos so I'd just say don't sweat it. Side note, this game has some surprisingly cool sequences in it, I was pleasantly surprised.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got really frustrated by this in the original Dishonored and I was really not happy to see it come back in the sequel.

The best advice I can give is to beware the physics engine. It's very unforgiving. I dropped an unconscious guard and accidentally broke a box doing so and it killed him. Another time a bottle broke after placing a guard down and he died. One slipped 2 feet off a ledge and died. One even died after a tranq dart took him down. After a while I got worried creating a body pile would cause one to do a ragdoll freak out and die. When I went through a legit "no kill" run (on no powers mode also) I ended up quicksaving before every takedown, just in case when I stashed a body and they died.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mems1224

Yea, you gotta be very careful where you leave people and when you use your abilities. On one level I sent out a decoy and it ran off towards a pier and jumped into the water, the guard followed and ran off the pier and drowned

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OurSin_360

Thats what annoyed me about the first game and probably why i never finished it. I think if i do a non lethal takedown and they fall to their death, gravity killed them not me! :-)

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

When I did a no kill run I made sure to check the menu while in game constantly to make sure I did not kill anyone. If I did happen to somehow I was checking it often enough that I could go back to a previous save and not lose too much time.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I 'tried' going through the game with no kills, and it isn't hard, but after stacking up enough bodies that are simply knocked out (because I still like to clear areas out), at some point midway through the game, a stat screen on the options menu said I killed one guy and I couldn't figure out who; I also couldn't find how far back I'd have to revert to with a save, so I just moved on. I like the first Dishonored more (and I also played it for the first time as the re-release but on the Xbox One); two ended up being lackluster in my opinion, one where I stopped wanting to play it a little more than half way through. The final few stages I ran through to the end, killing dudes that got in my way. It was kind of experiencing ruining since I didn't explore anymore, but I was done with it. I didn't even play as Emily as I had originally intended to before playing the game, so I just went through it with Corvo. I am also not a fan of penalizing for killing in games, which was an unfortunate thing that also happened in Mankind Divided.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a no kill run, quick save is your best friend.

Quipido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, seems like constantly checking the stats is the only way to go and since I already have a couple of dudes counted as killed, I am just rolling with it. I killed another guy since, but I am moving on, stats still say low chaos so I will just aim for keeping that.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quipido said:

Yeah, seems like constantly checking the stats is the only way to go and since I already have a couple of dudes counted as killed, I am just rolling with it. I killed another guy since, but I am moving on, stats still say low chaos so I will just aim for keeping that.

FWIW the chaos meter is very forgiving in this one. You can kill a dude or two here and there and it won't bump up to high. If you're going for hard numbers, you know, good luck, but if you just want the low-chaos story, you'll be fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7
    deactivated-60b3efc3d52d7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've killed about 60 people altogether and it still says low chaos. About 30 spread out over the course of the game, and just over 30 in one mission. Still didn't change.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.