Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Nov 11, 2016

Set fifteen years after the end of the first game, Dishonored 2 allows players to continue the story as either original protagonist Corvo Attano or his daughter and apprentice, the now-deposed Empress Emily Kaldwin.

There's free new content for Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Check it!

Logging in with your Bethesda.net account will get you the following new modes in both Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider:

### Mission+

Take a trip back in time to any previously completed mission from the campaign and experiment freely with all powers and weapons.

### Black and White

Feeling moody? Black and White mode lets you experience the game in a new visual style. This filter does exactly what it says on the tin, but all blood will remain red. See? Moody. You can toggle between Black and White mode and the original color mode at any time.

In addition to these two new modes, Dishonored 2 players who log in with their Bethesda.net account will also gain access to the original pre-order bonus, the Imperial Assassin’s Pack. When you stop by the Dreadful Wale, you’ll find all the bonus items in the pack waiting for you in your cabin.The Imperial Assassin’s Pack includes:

• Duelist’s Luck bone charm
    • Void Favor bone charm
    • In-game Antique Serkonan Guitar for Emily or Corvo to interact with
    • In-game book: Goodbye, Karnaca – A Musician’s Farewell
    • 500 bonus coins

I never finished Dishonored 2 and it's definitely one of those games that I always think about going back and playing through. I was playing as Emily and it felt like I eventually specced myself in such a way that I was really good at sneaking around but not at dealing with guards and since I play these games in no-kill and no-detection mode that made things pretty complicated when there were groups of enemies I couldn't get past. But maybe I'll tackle it someday!

big_denim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Sure, but add it to the bottom of the list. You owe it to yourself to finish Divinity Original Sin 2 first ;)

Just kidding (kind of).

But this is kind of cool, I suppose. I'm not one of those people that's entirely against another launcher (though it is starting to get out of hand). I've already beaten the game twice though, so I think it's too little too late for me.

For people that haven't played or beaten Dishonored 2 though, I highly recommend it. It's amazing.

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Yeah, I had some cool moments early on, but quickly bounced off it. I’d like to go back sometime next year and try again.

I think the stealth felt questionable to me (detection) and the combat, based on my spec, got pretty rough to deal with.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By confusedowl

Great game so it's cool it's getting some free updates. That said I don't think I'll be supporting them hiding it behind signing up for Bethesda.net. Rubs me the wrong way, especially after that whole leaking personal information debacle with Fallout 76.

EDIT: This update also removed Denuvo.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By BoOzak

I wasnt the biggest fan of Dishonored 2 but it's cool Bethesda/Arkane havent forgotten about it. I still have yet to play the expansion, maybe i'll check out some of this new stuff.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I finished Dishonored 2 as both Emily and Corvo and I definitely enjoyed the Corvo powerset more. I do love the Dishonored games and it's nice to see them get updated. I sure do wish Arkane can keep making these because they really speak to me personally - I love how they play and the power trip they bring along with the sneaky stealth action. I think most people have moved past this sort of gameplay because I sure don't hear people praise these all that often, which is a darn shame but it is what it is.

Hayt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Awesome. I have zero interest in the bonus items but Dishonored 2 is mad and any excuse to get people to play it is a good one.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Mission+ mode would have been a fun thing to do when I first played it, but I don't know if it's enough to draw me back in. Wasn't my favorite game - I dislike how they craft their world around the books and texts you find as opposed to a more organic sense of discovery - but going back through and trying to fix my usual murderthons with better ability choices would be neat.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I've played through it three times already but that black and white mode is probably going to lure me back for a fourth.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By militantfreudian

@sparky_buzzsaw: Considering immersive sims' aversion to cutscenes, world-building is bound to be done through text, audio logs, graffiti, etc. I thought Dishonored 2 used books, articles, and correspondence to provide context and different perspectives to good effect. I recognize that it's a matter of taste, but it was used to good effect and not to the point of over-reliance. If I'm not misremembering, the missions in Dishonored 2 had secondary objectives with some narrative value that not only emerged organically while exploring, but also had repercussions in later missions.

Anyway, I get that the Black and White mode is a novelty, but I think it does the world of Dishonored 2 a disservice. The game uses color and different times of day to make each location distinct. I think so much is lost when the colorful and sun-kissed streets of Karnaca look nearly identical to Dunwall's. But, if nothing else, Mission+ seems like a useful feature for experimenting with the powers I never found a use for in my non-lethal playthrough.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@militantfreudian: after checking out some footage I must agree that the greyscale filter does little good for what is a beautifully crafted world of Dishonored 2. If it were a lot more bold somehow..maybe..but it just seems bland and worse yet appears to make parts of the world run together.

fnrslvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By fnrslvr

Pretty sure this was my 2016 GOTY, and this is far from the only value-add they've done to the game since launch. I could see this motivating me to go back in for a third playthrough, though little more reason than "hey Dishonored 2 exists" is needed to get me interested.

I wonder why they're bothering to add things now, though. Was it commissioned by Bethesda just to lure people into making Bethesda accounts? Is it just something some staff at Arkane knocked out whilst blocked on whatever the hell that studio is working on now, that they figured they may as well ship?

...dare I get hopeful about the possibility of a Dishonored 3 announcement? (No, but a Dishonored 3 announcement would be sweet.)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.