Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

First mission and it glitched pretty bad

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SomeDeliCook

There's spoilers below

I am 90% positive this is a glitch and there isn't something I'm missing. On the first actual mission, when you go inside the meeting room where Campbell and Curnow have their meeting, EVERYTIME that scene starts, the doors open where they are and both Campbell and Curnow just start sprinting. They don't react to me if they see me and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm hiding or not. I even triggered the scene and then left the building entirely yet they still just take off once the doors open. They will run across the entire level and then run back, repeatedly.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do, whether I keep all the doors closed, hide every single body, disable all the alarms, etc etc. They always just take off. It happened when I poisoned both glasses, poisoned just one, broke both, and left them alone. Considering I was trying to brand his ass to get the most out of my mission, I really don't want to just assassinate him, which seems to be the only option I have. Did anyone encounter this problem or am I completely missing something?

*edit* I was able to complete it without having to kill him. Campbell always seemed to run to his secret hideout room and Curnow ran... wherever the fuck he felt like apparently. I was able to cut off Campbell and knock him out and then carry his body off and escape his guards to go brand him. What a pain in the ass though and I didn't get to see how the meeting went down =(

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By colourful_hippie

Wow that definitely must be a glitch, I never had that happen.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@dudeglove said:

@SomeDeliCook: This is what happens if you switch the glasses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPwyGT_5c5w

Yeah I'm on my second playthrough and I haven't been doing the non-lethal eliminations. It was definitely a bug I couldn't get out of the first time around unless I restarted the entire mission.

There were a few other bugs, not nearly as bad as this one, but this seems to be a rare occurrence.

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Genkkaku

That glitch sounds like it sucked, mine was just an animation glitch where everytime he drank his sword was in his hands.. Though in mine It kinda looks like he decided to jump on his own sword then let the embarrassment of drinking the poison get to him..

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@SomeDeliCook said:

There's spoilers below

I am 90% positive this is a glitch and there isn't something I'm missing. On the first actual mission, when you go inside the meeting room where Campbell and Curnow have their meeting, EVERYTIME that scene starts, the doors open where they are and both Campbell and Curnow just start sprinting. They don't react to me if they see me and it doesn't seem to matter if I'm hiding or not. I even triggered the scene and then left the building entirely yet they still just take off once the doors open. They will run across the entire level and then run back, repeatedly.

It doesn't seem to matter what I do, whether I keep all the doors closed, hide every single body, disable all the alarms, etc etc. They always just take off. It happened when I poisoned both glasses, poisoned just one, broke both, and left them alone. Considering I was trying to brand his ass to get the most out of my mission, I really don't want to just assassinate him, which seems to be the only option I have. Did anyone encounter this problem or am I completely missing something?

*edit* I was able to complete it without having to kill him. Campbell always seemed to run to his secret hideout room and Curnow ran... wherever the fuck he felt like apparently. I was able to cut off Campbell and knock him out and then carry his body off and escape his guards to go brand him. What a pain in the ass though and I didn't get to see how the meeting went down =(

This exact same thing happened to me. Sucks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.