Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Disney's Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Quest

Game » consists of 0 releases. Released Aug 21, 1993

A Sega Genesis adaptation of Disney's animated 1991 film Beauty and the Beast.

The screenshot chronicles of a lonely bookworm and her psychic rose.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Edited By Video_Game_King
    No Caption Provided

You bet your ass I'm doing two of these concurrently! For those of you who have no idea what that statement is referring to, check out my thread on Persona 3 FES, wherein a youth by the name of Brooklyn Rage must navigate the horrors of old people running book stores and high school girls masturbating on camera.

For those of you who stayed, you must be wondering why the hell I bothered playing this game. Rest assured, there's a very stupid reason for it: I needed a game that would go well with BioShock Infinite and the Disney princess jokes I make therein. That's it. That's the only reason. Little did I know that this would result in me taking far too many screenshots of this admittedly mediocre game. 65 (essentially three days) may not seem like much, but given how short the game is, I feel the density justifies this feature, no matter how brief. That out of the way? Good. Let us get started.

"Go ahead. Try to configure any of the other buttons. I DARE you."
    Beast at the bottom, however, sternly disapproves of this crap.
    Beast at the bottom, however, sternly disapproves of this crap.
    A family barely clinging to the fringes of sanity.
    A family barely clinging to the fringes of sanity.
    You know, Belle, this probably isn't what your father meant when he told you that you needed to get out more.
    You know, Belle, this probably isn't what your father meant when he told you that you needed to get out more.
    What's worse: this giant block of text within the first two minutes of the actual game, or Gaston's skills with the ladies?
    What's worse: this giant block of text within the first two minutes of the actual game, or Gaston's skills with the ladies?
    It's better in motion. He just stands there indefinitely with that dumb scowl on his face, angry at nothing in particular.
    It's better in motion. He just stands there indefinitely with that dumb scowl on his face, angry at nothing in particular.
    "Which book? Your damn dialogue's blockin' the window."
    Oh, OK.....which book?
    Oh, OK.....which book?
    Their eyes...they penetrate all...
    Their eyes...they penetrate all...
    I wasn't kidding: he's still standing there after all this time.
    I wasn't kidding: he's still standing there after all this time.
    Good news: I think this is the last ludicrously huge textbook in the game. Bad news: it doesn't get much better from here.
    Good news: I think this is the last ludicrously huge textbook in the game. Bad news: it doesn't get much better from here.
    Man, can I relate.
    Man, can I relate.
    There is no talking mechanic in this game. He just walked up to me and blurted out this random information.
    There is no talking mechanic in this game. He just walked up to me and blurted out this random information.
    "The Red Rose commands you from beyond the void."
    "You hear that, Chicken? Now I can read all the dirty books father won't let me keep!"
    "They did things to me, Belle. They did horrible things no-one should ever suffer through."
    The hell's going on with her body? Is she part raven?
    The hell's going on with her body? Is she part raven?
    Uh, Belle, you might want t-
    Uh, Belle, you might want t-
    Oh. Never mind, then.
    Oh. Never mind, then.
    You know, Belle, for somebody who spends all her time reading, you sure did do something completely stupid. Just saying.
    You know, Belle, for somebody who spends all her time reading, you sure did do something completely stupid. Just saying.

I never did get that book :(.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Shortest VGK blog ever? ohhhhh there's a spoiler tag

You play some seriously random old games dude.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag said:

And, as I've outlined, often for the dumbest of reasons.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#3  Edited By Slag

@slag said:

And, as I've outlined, often for the dumbest of reasons.

that's best reason of all.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Who wants to see a French girl get completely drunk today? (Not many of you, judging by the lukewarm reception this thread has received.)

Wipe that smile off your face, Belle. You're getting third degree burns from that handshake. (Also, what's up with the Bel? It looks like it's on an entirely different level from the other letters.)
    Wipe that smile off your face, Belle. You're getting third degree burns from that handshake. (Also, what's up with the Bel? It looks like it's on an entirely different level from the other letters.)
    "This confuses the Beast beyond belief."
    By vomiting their guts up right in front of her.
    By vomiting their guts up right in front of her.
    Is the stove checking Belle out? I feel like it's checking Belle out.
    Is the stove checking Belle out? I feel like it's checking Belle out.
    I didn't realize it at the time, but this was a mini-game where the goal was to override Belle's survival instinct and make sure she gets beaned in the head with falling cutlery, dishes, and cylinder things.
    I didn't realize it at the time, but this was a mini-game where the goal was to override Belle's survival instinct and make sure she gets beaned in the head with falling cutlery, dishes, and cylinder things.
    Oh, don't worry. This impromptu picture didn't have any text in the game, either.
    Oh, don't worry. This impromptu picture didn't have any text in the game, either.
    "What time is it? Motherfuckin' party time!"
    "For me, dishwasing IS a party.....What's gone wrong with my life?"
    Turn that jug around, I guarantee you it reads
    Turn that jug around, I guarantee you it reads "Mad Dog 20/20" on the label.
    Why do I recognize this face?
    Why do I recognize this face?
    "He prizes his demonic statue far too much. Get out while you can.
    I know what you're thinking, but no: we don't use Lumiere to light this part of the castle (that should be lit, anyway, from the light pouring in from the open door).
    I know what you're thinking, but no: we don't use Lumiere to light this part of the castle (that should be lit, anyway, from the light pouring in from the open door).
    Man, Beast, you've really let this place go.
    Man, Beast, you've really let this place go.
    This is what we use to light that passage from before: a lit torch just lying on the ground, waiting to burn this place down.
    This is what we use to light that passage from before: a lit torch just lying on the ground, waiting to burn this place down.
    Oh, come on...Acclaim.
    Oh, come on...Acclaim.
    "Why did I think this was a good idea, again?"
    "They're charging WHAT for repairs!? To hell with it; I'll do it all myself."
    Notice that arrow in the upper right? That's why I had to cross the balcony. (It's a magic mirror, by the way. I'm not sure, either.)
    Notice that arrow in the upper right? That's why I had to cross the balcony. (It's a magic mirror, by the way. I'm not sure, either.)
    "At last, we are one. Take me from this castle, Belle. The Red Rose commands it."
    The funniest rage imagineable.
    The funniest rage imagineable.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Man, they really put a lot of work into the flowers surrounding the text and pretty much nothing else, didn't they?

Who wants to see a French girl get completely drunk today?

I do! But only as long as it's really uncomfortable to watch.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king said:

Who wants to see a French girl get completely drunk today?

I do! But only as long as it's really uncomfortable to watch.

You know it is.
    You know it is.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By smcn

I'm 12 and what is this

Also: "WRONG ITS. WRONG ITS. WRONG ITS." - Ryan Davis

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smcn said:

Also: "WRONG ITS. WRONG ITS. WRONG ITS." - Ryan Davis

I believe I noticed that at the time, but didn't want to go for the (as) obvious joke.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@video_game_king: Yeah it's hacky, but it's one of my favorite RD quotes. If I remembered the quick look in which he said it I'd clip it out and turn it into a gif.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By smcn

@video_game_king: Yes, thank you. I figured it was something I'd watched multiple times.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Video_Game_King
    No Caption Provided

And we finally arrive at the final update for this particular Renegade Photo. That other Renegade Photo's still going to continue for obscenely long, but this one's wrapping up.

Oh dear god, WHAT HAPPENED TO ITS NECK!?
    Oh dear god, WHAT HAPPENED TO ITS NECK!?
    This is actually a mini-game wherein the dancers drunkenly careen around the ballroom, collecting the flesh of the Red Rose until the game decides it's had enough.
    This is actually a mini-game wherein the dancers drunkenly careen around the ballroom, collecting the flesh of the Red Rose until the game decides it's had enough.
    "Your dancing is worth nothing."
    "All the while, collecting rose petals that are mysteriously falling from the ceiling. Go figure."
    "Why did you think I'd want to see this?" "Because it's fuckin' hilarious!"
    "At least YOU still love me, magical rose."
    She ran out of firewood LONG ago.
    She ran out of firewood LONG ago.
    "Fuck that old guy with the goggles! Who's with me!?"
    Seen here....I think.
    Seen here....I think.
    I wanted to get this yesterday, but didn't notice it in time: the 1ups are just Belle's face, disapprovingly hovering in the air. Also, this is part of a really bad platforming section.
    I wanted to get this yesterday, but didn't notice it in time: the 1ups are just Belle's face, disapprovingly hovering in the air. Also, this is part of a really bad platforming section.
    With the greatest dur face she can possibly muster.
    With the greatest dur face she can possibly muster.
    "Damn it, cut! You screamed too early AGAIN, Beast. Let's take it from the top!"
    You know what? I prefer his beast form.
    You know what? I prefer his beast form.
    "Hey, Belle, you want to catch rose petals again? For old time's sake?"
    Wait, seriously? I was kidding.
    Wait, seriously? I was kidding.
    "Now steal all his gold and run away in the night. So I command."
    The fact that it resembles a pre-existing Disney movie is just sheer coincidence.
    The fact that it resembles a pre-existing Disney movie is just sheer coincidence.
    OK, which one of you is to blame for that damn horse level? Fess up.
    OK, which one of you is to blame for that damn horse level? Fess up.
    "This flip book fucking sucks. What's it even supposed to look like?"
    "The hell did you do in my bathroom? I haven't been able to get it to flush for, like, a week."
    Man, even the Beast is worried that she's too into this shit.
    Man, even the Beast is worried that she's too into this shit.
    COMEDY.
    COMEDY.
    I was going to comment on Belle's face, but the hell happened to the Beast's? Did he suddenly grow jowls between this screenshot and the last?
    I was going to comment on Belle's face, but the hell happened to the Beast's? Did he suddenly grow jowls between this screenshot and the last?
    Ladies.
    Ladies.
    "You'll have to pay for your own hand surgery."

So now that it's over, what am I going to do? Post the actual blog I wrote for this game here? Hell no! That would defeat the purpose of playing this game in the first place. But I will give you a concise snippet of my opinion regarding this game:

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.