Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divinity: Original Sin II

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 14, 2017

The sequel to Larian Studios' turn-based strategic role-playing game.

Starting character

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Hey duders,

I have a question in regards to when you choose an origin character. I know you get the other origins characters to join your party but do you get specific story related to the one you choose at the start or can you get all the story by having them in your party?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

You can get the other characters' entire stories when they join you, you don't miss anything.

Picky_Bugger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Mike is right but of course it's not a certainty that you'll get all of all of your companions stories.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carryboy: playing some of the origin characters can truly change your story.

When having them in your party they often have the option of talking to certain characters. Playing as them gives you the option to hear this dialogue and interact with the story in a new way.

Playing as Fane, my favorite, changes much of the pace of the story and dialogue. I highly recommend it.

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By odinsmana

As fetchfox says while you get to do your companions quests you don`t get all the details while not playing as them. When a companion talks to someone related to their quest you get descriptions of reactions and bits of dialogue, but you don`t get to hear all the dialogue and you don`t get to choose how the companions react in the conversations.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or a companion happens to stumble into distance-triggered dialogue (getting close to hostile NPCs, quest NPCs, etc) and steal all the glory, or character specific reward, or skill, or any bonus you get!

This game is absolutely fantastic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.