Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divinity: Original Sin

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 30, 2014

Divinity: Original Sin is a top-down turn-based RPG developed by Larian Studios. It introduces new elements to the franchise, such as co-op gameplay and decision-making as well as a more interactive world.

Anyone Here Playing the Console Version?

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By pweidman

Looks like the devs really put in the work to make a game pad port work well. Lots of added content, and $60 price tag too. Heard good things and tempted to get this, but wanted to ask the duders on GB first. Any feedback greatly appreciated.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

Well I've jumped back into it on PC after putting only a few hours into the original version. The idea of playing with a gamepad was my main reason for waiting. So far it seems a little clunky, but it works. Some of the menu navigation just feels slow. And hotbar abilities and such aren't super easily accessed. You have to hit Y and then scroll through the whole bar to select what you want.

I can't really speak to content additions, but I've heard they've done a ton to the game, and the controller stuff at least works. I have to assume from a technical perspective it probably runs just fine on consoles. Seems solid from my limited experience.

thomasnash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Been playing the PS4 version. I don't think you could say that the gamepad control is optimal, but it works well enough.

I've actually been playing this and Wasteland 2 on PS4, and of the two, I think Divinity is marginally better, because it allows you to do more things by interacting with the world directly, whereas Wasteland 2 has you looking at action wheels pretty much all the time. With that said, their are one or two aspects of Wasteland 2's controls that would be nice to have in Divinity - especially the ability to toggle between control individuals and the whole party with a quick button press. The process for unlinking characters in divinity is...well, it's easy enough, but also just complicated enough to put you off ever doing it.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm playing the PS4 version and I'll echo the others in saying the pad controls are a bit clunky but they work pretty well overall. It gets a bit better once you are accustomed to how they laid them out but it's never snappy. I take a second to decide what I'll do in battle anyway so the slowness of selecting hotbar abilities doesn't bother me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.