Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divinity: Original Sin

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 30, 2014

Divinity: Original Sin is a top-down turn-based RPG developed by Larian Studios. It introduces new elements to the franchise, such as co-op gameplay and decision-making as well as a more interactive world.

Split-Screen Co-Op In The Enhanced Edition (PC)?

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I've been trying to get split screen co-op to work in this game for the better part of a week. I have a gamepad and a keyboard and mouse plugged in, which are both supported control schemes so it would make sense to be able to use both at the same time for co-op... but for some reason I just get this when I try to assign characters to a controller:

No Caption Provided

The Assign Characters menu, which I assume would give control of a specific party member to another controller, is just greyed out. I've scanned the Divinity Forums for an answer and can't find one, so help me if you can duders! I'm itching to play this game co-op

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online

From what I understand, you still need two controllers to play the game splitscreen co-op on PC.

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: Well that's absolutely ridiculous. Why wouldn't they be able to support both control schemes at the same time? Oh well, I guess. I should probably get another controller, then. I'm not a big fan of how the game plays that with one though.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online

@clairvoyantvibrations: I imagine there is some sort of interface hang-up that would make splitting the game screen between M+KB and a gamepad awkward (that, and since that feature was clearly made with the console versions in mind, maybe it wouldn't have been worth the effort to try to make work).

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

It's just one of the inexplicable design decisions in this game. Why do you have to put your cursor on top of someone to heal them instead of just cycling through targets?

Or as my co-op partner said "What the fuck? This is such fucking bullshit."

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: Perhaps, but the KB&M interface is just as cluttered as the gamepad one, and I assume it's just as scalable. I suppose it's not really that big of a deal and I'm no game developer, but I don't understand why you can't just choose. For a game that's all about player choice that was touting split screen co-op as a big thing for the Enhanced released it seems weird that if you decide to play the game that way you can't choose what control scheme you prefer.

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ArbitraryWater  Online

@clairvoyantvibrations: Just a theory in any case. I haven't played the game with a controller, but I get the impression from people who have that it's playable but hardly ideal... which I guess makes it like every other gamepad control scheme for a PC RPG. Wasteland 2 is apparently little better on that front.

I hope it doesn't ruin your enjoyment of the game too much because I think it's pretty great.

ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arbitrarywater: I'm still enjoying my single player experience very much, but I can't say I'm not bummed out that this feature doesn't have control options. It seems like a cool way to play the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.