Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Anybody remember when...

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ventilaator

The justification for Nero looking exactly like Dante in DMC4 was how that's just the way DMC characters looked and they were trying to stay with the general theme and artstyle of the series? 

So why's Dante completely different now?

Sure, this is another developer, but they claim that Capcom is also at hand to look over the thing. 

Those lying bastards

This makes me hope that the character is Joe Randomer who has Dante's memories implanted on him in a Jackson Lake from Doctor Who sort of way...

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By FunExplosions

FUCK! I didn't know they were makin' another. Hell. Yes. Well, actually, I should disperse my excitement. I got this excited over DMC4 and the game definitely didn't live up to my expectations. 
    As far as Nero goes, pshh, needless entry into the series. I kinda like his arm, though, and how they used it to incorporate the more trendy GoW-styled combat. 

Alright, just watched the trailer. This game looks incredible. I don't think I've been pumped for a game this much since MGS2.  And... interesting... looks like they wanna stick with the GoW stuff. 

And I don't really understand your complaints. I mean, I hope this is Dante. The game's just in a different style, is all. My only worry is that, since Ninja Theory is behind it, the game will be 4 hours long.

ventilaator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ventilaator
    @UKSamwise said:

" He doesn't look completely different if you change his hair to white you'll see the resemblence. "

Yeah, but everyone's reaction to Nero was how they shouldn't have him have white hair because it's too 100% like Dante, and that's when they came up with the artstyle and theme excuse.

Now that we're dealing with actual Dante, it really isn't a problem anymore?

RIght.
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By trophyhunter
    @Ventilaator: It's a reboot not a sequel
    Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

My theory, and I have stated this a few time,  is that it is 17 year old Dante or younger and his hair will gray out by the end and he will stop smoking by the end in a cheesy cutscene.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Marz

yah it's a reboot of the series, so they can change what they want.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Undeadpool

Capcom's never had to justify a pallet swap before, why would they do one with Nero?

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By phantomzxro

I don't know it a reboot but i still think this is too far removed to be a DMC game. I don't see how people are saying he looke like dante because he does not no matter if his hair was white, black, blue or purple. He looks more like a that twilight guy then anything.
    Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Evercaptor

The best Devil May Cry game I've played is Bayonetta, closely followed by Devil May Cry 3. I want the Story to be inconsequential, campy and ridiculous and the gameplay to be hectic and thoroughly enjoyable. They are the ingrediants to a good DMC. DMC4 knew this (and so did the anime), but fucked up on the difficulty curve by dropping Dante in the deep end without any experience with his moveset and enemies that refused to acknowledge they'd been hit or ever die (think gladiator raptor men).
    I'm not looking forward to it by any means because it seems like such a radical departure, but I'll give it a shake when the demo comes out.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Evercaptor:  Didn't you know you could get your Proud Souls refunded in DMC4? After the character switch, just go in and take all the upgrades off Nero and spend them on Dante.
    Evercaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Evercaptor
    @SuperfluousMoniker: You didn't even have to unequip them off the other character, they just manifested ready to be used.
    My problem was with the fact that enemies you'd gradually come to best were in your face right off the bat with dante, but without allowing you time to form new strategies to engage them because shit was incredibly hectic ASAP. I thought Nero was a fantastic character in terms of playability, because the game allowed me to slowly come to appreciate his abilities. I didn't know how to chain my styles with dante until I finished the game and unlocked bloody palace to practise in. by which time I didnt give a fuck about the game at all. 
    That game should have taken it's cue from Kojima and just never had you play as Dante.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.