Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Anyone think the first unlocked skin looks kind of crappy?

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I mean, it's probably there as a nod to the original series, and the way you originally see it maybe sets the reboot up as a sort of pseudo-prequel, but the first time I saw it having finished Vergil in Devil Trigger I thought I'd come across a bug. Maybe it's because he's still got the coat on (the other skins look great), but it just seems off...

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

I feel like most skins, alternate costumes and palette swaps usually look worse than the default designs, actually. Not just in DMC but in fighting games... just games in general, really.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Well presumably there's a fair bit more effort and focus testing the goes into the default model, so I'd understand if it wasn't as refined maybe. I usually like alternate models and such, but don't use them until after the first playthrough is done. More often than not they don't usually look better per se, it's just nice to have a little contrast every now and then.

With this one it seems sort of janky, especially since the first thing I did after completing the game was replay the first level. Even though I'd switched the skin back to the default, I had one or two cutscenes where he's wearing the coat when he shouldn't be, or he's talking to Kat from Limbo and he's still got the slightly longer hair.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think it's fine. Nothing to write home about but I dont find it awful either.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like them all except the wife beater one.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Dark Dante is cool

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The perma-change to white hair was always going to be part of the plot, folks.

Yeah, which is fine and everything, I just found it odd because his hair actually gets a little longer and the style changes. If it'd been more of a Leland Palmer thing I probably wouldn't have noticed.

I actually like the Neo Dante skin from the DLC, but haven't found much cause to buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.