Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Bombcast Moment? (Spoilers)

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By emoney244

What moment were they referring to? I've played through the game four times and for the life me can not say what moment they could be referring to.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee

They must be referring to the Bob Barbas boss battle. Which was indeed pretty awesome, especially the segments inbetween where you hafta fight demons while watching from the perspective of what looks like a heli-cam.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee said:

They must be referring to the Bob Barbas boss battle. Which was indeed pretty awesome, especially the segments inbetween where you hafta fight demons while watching from the perspective of what looks like a heli-cam.

All while fantastic "on the scene" audio bytes of people being interviewed is playing. God its fantastic.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By emoney244

I like the game but I don't see how that moment would sell people and how its really that amazing. Plus they showed that boss fight before the game came out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

The other genius thing about the Bob Barbas fight is that Ninja Theory always excels with face tech, and that fight is basically against a massive, animating face. His jowliness actually makes it better, since video games traditionally do soft flesh really poorly, the fact they do it pretty well only makes it that much more impressive.

MikeW1980UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By MikeW1980UK

Different folks react differently to different things. I don't think Deckers.Die was al that great.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By csl316

The Bob Barbas fight made me say out loud, to no one in particular, "this is fucking awesome." And then the game got even crazier. Parts were making me want to replay El Shaddai for whatever reason.

Nentisys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Nentisys

It was cool. Too bad all the boss fights in DmC are quite bad from a gameplay point. "Hit the red spot only"

Brighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Brighty

Boss fight was incredibly cool aesthetically, but mechanically was a total snorefest. If only they could have hit that sweet spot.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlashDance

Bob Barbas boss fight > Deckers.Die

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This and the Club level were both great looking stuff, but definetly didn't make me loose my mind over their greatness. But then again, I don't thinks games have really managed to make me go "HOLY SHIT THIS IS CRAZY!" in a loooong, looong time by now. Just mildly, perhaps.

swordmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh interesting you think it was the Bob fight, I always thought they were referring to the club sequence.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought they ware talking about the Rapture News level and then the boss fight. Patrick said something along the lines of "you crash into it and then...".

SpasticHeathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SpasticHeathen

@brighty said:

Boss fight was incredibly cool aesthetically, but mechanically was a total snorefest. If only they could have hit that sweet spot.

Yeah, it's pretty bad when you could replace the boss with a box of Wheaties and not lose anything for it. Once you get past the novelty of the presentation, there's nothing there.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By PhilipDuck

@emoney244 said:

What moment were they referring to? I've played through the game four times and for the life me can not say what moment they could be referring to.

Yeah dude i had the same thought, everytime Brad was like omg have you played 'that' bit! Ialways thought what bit? :S But i'm also guessing he means Bob/Club..

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I'm pretty sure it was the club moment.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.