Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Brad and adam sessler spoiler show this week

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sometime this week on rev3games brad is going to be talking to adam about the ending of DMC.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nice. Although I don't know what's so special about DMC's ending that deserves it, but hey, I take whatever I can get.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nekroskop

More jizz-spergling about that game..Yuck. Still it would be interesting to see if Brad actually responds to the old Dmc fans courteously or dismiss them as dinosaurs and "entitled".

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

Yah I don't know why DmC would need a spoilercast but I enjoy Brad and Adam when they're taking it easy and not getting hilariously upset about minor things so I'm down.

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By Daneian

I thought Sess munny thought the story was purulent and juvenile. They just going to debate the points?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JZ

I think it's going to be a weekly show not with brad but different people ech week talking about a different ending.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ahaisthisourchance: you mean the DMC fans who assaulted the comment section on his review ? I'm sure he would love to have a courteous discussion with these guys.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nekroskop

@slashdance I mean the general dislike for the new DMC game(and no, it's not the hair or his attitude). It's just not a vocal minority we're talking about here.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity: Both have tremendous affinity towards that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Humanity

@ahaisthisourchance: There would be no point to such a discussion. The hardcore DMC fans were initially displeased with the advertising and aesthetics of the game before settling on the complaint that the combat system isn't convoluted enough to their liking. People like Brad or Adam Sessler don't even know what jump cancelling is in these games so you wouldn't have much of a discussion about the issue. Those that really dislike the new Dante's attitude can tune in though because Adam is also of the thought that it's sophomoric and juvenile and we always like to listen to people we agree with.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity I guess you're right. It will be an interesting watch.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Which ending? The one where you beat the antagonist of the game or the tacked-on one where you fight Vergil because, hey, you gotta fight Vergil?

it would be interesting to see if Brad actually responds to the old Dmc fans courteously or dismiss them as dinosaurs and "entitled".

Does it make a difference, really? DmC fans and DMC fans are the same deal; Overly defensive, won't shut up about the game, have to compare every other vaguely similar game to their favorite, can't mention the game without swinging their e-peen in the form of scores or times or difficulty, they're weirdly forgiving of bad storytelling and in love with douchebag protagonists. It's tiresome, trivial and boring.

I mean, c'mon, it's not like they're talking about Bayonetta which is the best in class character-action game and is way harder and has a more entertaining story and a better lead character and did I mention that I beat Bayonetta and grinded out the majority of the weapons and costumes in one run? Also, if you're going to use items then you might as well not play (any game, ever).

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I didn't know "deep, complex, yet still very fun and playable" was the new "convoluted."

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I'm not sure if there's really much to discuss regarding the ending but I'd definitely be interested in a conversation between the two just discussing the whole game in general.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Humanity

@nettacki said:

@humanity: I didn't know "deep, complex, yet still very fun and playable" was the new "convoluted."

There is no reason it can't be both of those things at the same time. The difference being that DmC unlike DMC3 (which is what most people use as a comparison) is deep, complex yet still very fun and playable without being convoluted at the same time.

I hastily edit in that it's all a matter of opinion.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see how anyone would not know the ending to DmC at this point, when Ninja Theory put a spoiler AS THE NAME OF THE DLC. After seeing the title of the dlc from announcement, I immediately figured what would happen when I was still very early into the game.

I don't know why Brad and crew think the game's amazing. Other than Raptor News Network boss I wasn't nearly as impressed trudging through the game. Prob because I hate pacing in character action games.

rebgav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rebgav

I hate pacing in character action games.

Skip the cutscenes and don't stop for nothin'.

I thought that all of the boss fights were basically the same tired thing, Bob Barbas being the least obfuscated version of "flip a switch, get free damage."

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SuperWristBands

I love the Sess. I'll get around to play more of DmC eventually but maybe this'll motivate me.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More jizz-spergling about that game..Yuck. Still it would be interesting to see if Brad actually responds to the old Dmc fans courteously or dismiss them as dinosaurs and "entitled".

Courteous? I'm guessing Brad has better things to do that courteously replying to all the douche bags in that video calling him a "fucking idiot" and a "sellout to Capcom."

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SuperWristBands

I'm 20 minutes in and I don't think they've really talked about much other than mechanics. It's pretty boring :(

I figured there would be a lot more discussion of story beats and set pieces.

edit: yeah, the entire thing was a rather dry discussion about none of the cool/interesting things I've heard about the game.

davo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the ending was fairly satisfying. I only briefly played the older Devil May Cry games, so I have nothing to compare against. I'll gladly play the sequel, either way.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It's not simply talking about the ending of the game. It's more of a discussion about the game with spoilers. Spoilers can be story-related, or a set piece, or anything else that one might not want to know about before playing the game.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice video. I like that they are trying to bring in people from other outlets with different opinions on the same game.

The last few minutes of the video kind of bum me out. I want another DmC out of Ninja Theory, dang it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh. Talking about why people would prefer the older games without actually knowing why is just frustrating to listen to. It's not rose tinted glasses if they are being played RIGHT NOW.

The idea for this show is pretty neat. Though based only on this episode, I'm note entirely sure what I would get out of it. They just kind of went "DmC was pretty cool right?" "Yeah".

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I'm curious to hear from you the reason why you think DMC3 is convoluted. You say it a lot, but you never elaborated on that point.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tobbrobb said:

Ugh. Talking about why people would prefer the older games without actually knowing why is just frustrating to listen to. It's not rose tinted glasses if they are being played RIGHT NOW.

The idea for this show is pretty neat. Though based only on this episode, I'm note entirely sure what I would get out of it. They just kind of went "DmC was pretty cool right?" "Yeah".

Yeah I really like the idea behind this series, but DmC was not the best choice for the debut. The fanbase, those who liked the game and the ones that hated, expected them to talk more about the mechanics and gameplay in general, since in the end that's what matters most in DMC / DmC. But the show itself is more about talking about the storyline and the themes around it, so those kinda clash against each other.

Still, It never ceases to amaze me how my fellow DMC fans see this game as a NG3.

Those Youtube commenters are clinically rabid at this point, barely functioning in their hate filled flesh vessels.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rolanthas: To be fair that's how youtube always is.

But yeah, comparing DmC's quality to that of NG3 or DMC2 is just hilarious to me. People need to grow up.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nettacki said:

@humanity: I'm curious to hear from you the reason why you think DMC3 is convoluted. You say it a lot, but you never elaborated on that point.

This complaint applies to a lot of character action games and not only to DMC but what I consider convoluted is the necessity for inventing completely unique combos for every single piece of equipment in the game. I was actually thrilled with the way DmC used the same combo strings for all weapons. While I understand the thought behind differing combos in fighting games where every character needs to be different and it's a one on one fight, having to memorize movesets for all my weapons in character action seems needless. There are other things unique to DMC that I found "convoluted" but they are minor issues and are kind of a Capcom staple like saving, checkpointing, level design, the interface, upgrades etc etc. I think a lot of Japanese games even to this day are very menu heavy and have a hard time streamlining their UI.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rolanthas

@humanity said:
    @nettacki said:

This complaint applies to a lot of character action games and not only to DMC but what I consider convoluted is the necessity for inventing completely unique combos for every single piece of equipment in the game. I was actually thrilled with the way DmC used the same combo strings for all weapons. While I understand the thought behind differing combos in fighting games where every character needs to be different and it's a one on one fight, having to memorize movesets for all my weapons in character action seems needless. There are other things unique to DMC that I found "convoluted" but they are minor issues and are kind of a Capcom staple like saving, checkpointing, level design, the interface, upgrades etc etc. I think a lot of Japanese games even to this day are very menu heavy and have a hard time streamlining their UI.

That is an interesting point, and returning to DMC 3 after playing DmC I noticed it as well. To be fair, most PS2 era games were menu heavy, no matter the genre, and it certainly got better year by year. Although it's a bit apparent in DMC 4 as well, but less I say about that rushed, 1/2 of a game the better -_-

Can't say combo approach is better in one or the other, there may be peeps that prefer unique combos for each weapons, what with having a different feel and rythm and all. I can say that with a 500 hour DMC 3 save ( standart edition OG Pal release Yo! ), and a 60 hour DmC save, I find similar combos for every weapon to be vastly preferable, since DMC is less about memorizing combos for me and more about timing the best stylish combination I can for each situation. The less time I spend learning the unique weapon combos the better. NG 1-2, Bayonetta and MGR had similar combos for each weapon, and it worked great there as well.

But it does weaken the differentiation with each weapon, where Osiris is just an AOE focused Rebellion etc. It was great to switch into Cerberus or Beowulf and have a wholly different yet equally reliable library to mess with. DmC weapons rely on each other too much I think. But again, that's a different design approach, one I had quite a lot of fun with, and can see improving in a sequel if it comes to be.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.