Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

DmC vs God of War

tvekrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tvekrules

I haven't played either of these games besides demos, and I was wondering which one is better gameplay and story wise.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Without having played ascension, I'm confident in saying DmC is the better game.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

DmC is the better choice.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

You mean only the recent DmC or franchise vs franchise? Either way DmC/DMC plays better than God Of War in basically every way, imo. But If you are into mythology and monster design, then definitely GoW.

If going deep into the combo systems isnt a big deal to you, then I think it really comes down to choosing between flashy swordplay and ridiculous shit in DmC or over the top brutality in GoW.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I liked the gameplay of DmC pretty much, but its greatest strengths lie in the overall presentation and level design. The story is pretty charming too.

Never liked God of War, so I won't play Ascension. They might have deeper combat, but everything about those games from the ugly character designs to the unlikable protagonist and tasteless violence just feels so off-putting to me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.