Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

How do you feel about the new DmC

• 63 results
    Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Itwastuesday

#Demons #teamfollowback

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By MysteriousBob

Don't give a shit about the original or the reboot.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By BigBoss1911

After playing the demo a few times on the hardest difficulty, I can say its not for longtime fans like myself looking for the the challenge 1 and 3 had, the combat feels pretty good but the enemies are stupid as hell. Also the devil trigger is lame.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By TheHT

@phantomzxro said:

You throw a combo system that allows you to air jiggle and pull off a stinger does not just make it dmc.

air jiggling.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Really looking forward to this game. Between this and Rising, pretty good time for character action games.

Some of the fan reactions... embarrassing. I'm not usually like this but I'm totally hoping it does really well so I can lick their salty tears Cartman style.

That's not directed at people who don't necessarily dig the gameplay, I can get changes throwing things off and them not liking it. I was that way with Ninja Gaiden 2 for example. How actively some hate it though is embarrassing.

And holding up the design of Dante like it's some masterpiece. I read someone say his old look is as iconic as Mario... LOL. Also acting as if the story to the old games was anything more than fluff and nonsense.

Sometimes, people act as if new entries to a franchise ruin everything and I have to question if there was anything good there before then or if people are just that crazy. It's like Star Wars. The prequels were junk but I still love the franchise for the original movies. That can't be taken away. Maybe the next ones they make will be bad too but oh well to me. I'll have the classics.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#56  Edited By csl316

I like Nina Theory and beat all these games a bunch of times (went through 4 six times). 

If this is bad I'll DIE.  A little.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By beforet

At this point? Indifference.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By me3639

I think it's dope!

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#60  Edited By Zella

I can't wait for it. Stylistically I am looking forward to a western take on the franchise, cause that's all this is really. The core concepts are pretty much the same, just are from a British perspective rather than a Japanese one. The game also just looks much nicer than the previous entries, way more colourful and interesting than just generic gothic demon castles. Also after going back and playing 1,3 and 4(cause fuck 2) the dialogue is just as bad as it seems to be in this new one, it's incredibly cheesy and forced.

In terms of gameplay, the demo makes it seem like it's much easier than the other entries. I think this is partly just so they can reach a broader audience but it's also just the refining of the gameplay. I mean I found DMC4 to be far easier than 3 or 1 on Normal just because the combat felt more responsive and thus easier to dodge/combo/cancel. DmC feels much more modern in the general controls than the PS2 games, in my opinion the easiness comes from the game making it much easier to access the tools you need to play better than it did before.

I have been a long time fan of the series, not a super hardcore fan who plays Dante Must Die mode, but I played 1 around it's release and have beaten every other game and I can't understand the who feeling betrayed argument. Sure if they called it DMC 5 and did all these changes maybe I would be a little annoyed that they are making such a drastic shift. The game isn't DMC 5 though, it's a reboot so it is supposed to be very different from the others while maintaining the core themes of the game. Look at Bioshock Infinite, same series name but stylistically it's much different from 1 and 2 yet it seems to be keeping the Bioshock spirit in it. Just because the game is called Devil May Cry it doesn't mean it has to be just like the others. There is a reason Capcom gave the game to Ninja Theory, they wanted something fresh and new and that's what we are getting.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By JasonR86

I tried the demo and was really, really bored by it. I didn't even finish it. I think I'll pass.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By Nettacki

@Zella said:

I have been a long time fan of the series, not a super hardcore fan who plays Dante Must Die mode, but I played 1 around it's release and have beaten every other game and I can't understand the who feeling betrayed argument.

The head designers at Ninja Theory have insulted long time fans like you in the past, saying that they should suck it up and take the changes without a word of criticism, while also insulting the same classic games they loved to play in the past that they're making a reboot out of. I think that's where the whole "feeling betrayed" argument stems from.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By newhaap

So I've had Devil May Cry 4 sitting in my Steam library for a while but never really played it past the 2nd mission just because there's been better games to play. I'm playing it again now to see if I enjoy it enough to get some idea if I would enjoy the new DmC. I have to say I'm warming up to the combat system, not as button mashy as I remembered/imagined it.

Do you guys think if I like Devil May Cry 4 I would like 3 and DmC? The preorder on Steam would get me DMC3 for like $10 in addition to DmC, is that worth it?

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By Crysack

@newhaap said:

So I've had Devil May Cry 4 sitting in my Steam library for a while but never really played it past the 2nd mission just because there's been better games to play. I'm playing it again now to see if I enjoy it enough to get some idea if I would enjoy the new DmC. I have to say I'm warming up to the combat system, not as button mashy as I remembered/imagined it.

Do you guys think if I like Devil May Cry 4 I would like 3 and DmC? The preorder on Steam would get me DMC3 for like $10 in addition to DmC, is that worth it?

DMC3 is probably the best game in the series, but the PC version is an abomination. If you can't get it on console, I wouldn't bother with it at all. I am personally going to avoid DmC like the plague since it appears to have systematically ignored everything I love about the series.

newhaap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By newhaap

@Crysack: Thanks for the info, I did hear that DMC3 was good but didn't know that the port was terrible. I'll skip DmC then, at least probably until the next Steam sales :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.