Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Impressions & Discussion thread

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#301  Edited By Sanious

I don't know if you would become too much to some people, but I feel like if they added one more Angel/Demon weapon then it would have felt a little less restrictive when it came to Red/Blue guys.

Still eagerly waiting on playing the Bloody Palace and Vergil. I am going to assume that PC patch is coming when one of those hits so I am curious to see the tweaks that added to the game. Hopefully some style meter tweaks happened with the angel weapons, feels like what lacks in those when it comes to style is compensated by the insane amount you get from demon weapons. Though the problem lies on how much damage you're doing in a consecutive amount of time.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#302  Edited By amir90

Apparently, getting 24th place on leaderboards on hell and hell on mission 10, isn't a big deal, because most people haven't gotten to that difficulty setting yet, or haven't bothered to try it.

How do you guys feel about the 3 gold orbs on the "1 hit" difficulties"?

Makes it a lot easier than the previous games.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303  Edited By Sanious

@amir90 said:

Apparently, getting 24th place on leaderboards on hell and hell on mission 10, isn't a big deal, because most people haven't gotten to that difficulty setting yet, or haven't bothered to try it.

It think it kind of cheapens it. I wish the option of not going through with golden orbs was there.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304  Edited By amir90

@Sanious said:

@amir90 said:

It think it kind of cheapens it. I wish the option of not going through with golden orbs was there.

Personally, if they wanted us to have 3 golden orbs, it should have been for each level, not each checkpoint.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By Sanious

@amir90 said:

Personally, if they wanted us to have 3 golden orbs, it should have been for each level, not each checkpoint.

Agreed, also considering the orbs seem a bit redundant when you get a game over you start at the checkpoint anyway.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#306  Edited By musubi

@amir90 said:

Eh, its an okay gimmick difficulty mode the real fun and challenge to the game is on DMD though. I kind of just trampled through it real fast with Super Dante for laughs. Once the new DLC comes out I'll pick the game back up and do proper runs.

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By amir90

Just started with DMD mode, I kinda like it. But I am getting close to being bored, but no wonder, considering I have finished the game 5 times now.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By Sanious

Don't want to sound entitled or a little complainy, but I really wish they would at least give us some info as to what is going on with bloody palace.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By musubi
    @Sanious

Don't want to sound entitled or a little complainy, but I really wish they would at least give us some info as to what is going on with bloody palace.

End of February is what I've been hearing. I think alongside the Vergil stuff.
    Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By Sanious

@Demoskinos said:

@Sanious

I have read this but I also read before Vergil, but I haven't seen any of this info come directly from Capcom/NT. Unless I missed that somewhere?

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#311  Edited By OneManX

I'm digging it so far, as someone who hated DMC 4... fucking Nero, fucking REALLY?, I just felt like the series was kinda running out of ideas. So I am glad that they at least tried to do something different, in a time where everyone is crying about, "More of the same" to at least TRY to give a game a distinct voice makes me like this game more, than I probably should, it's easier than DMC3, but I am having fun creating combos and whatnot. Shame that some people will never try the game, but what can ya do?

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By theveej

I finished the game last night on Nephlim. Overall really liked it.

While the combat is different, the free form combo aspect and different characteristic of the weapons are interesting. I still haven't quite wrapped my head around some of the combo potentials yet, but I am eager to go back try the harder difficulties and see what I can do combo wise.

I felt the bosses were a bit on the easy side and the whole game probably could have been harder (but I haven't tried the harder difficulties). Obviously the scenarios, level designs and what is happening in the game is really cool and I feel a huge upgrade from previous DMC games. I liked this young Dante and he did not offend me at all. (SPOILERS ----> specially liked the fact that his hair become white as he used devil trigger more in the game). I liked what happened with Virgil at the end, all I could say was like oh Virgil you so crazy.

The boss fight on mission 9/10 was awesome from the perspective of what was happening and the club level was cool. Overall I felt this was still very much a DMC ass DMC game. Yah that combat was different, but everything else was pretty much in the same spirit (and I don't think the combat will look that much different to a normal person, if you didn't obsessed over it in DMC3 & 4).

Looking forward to DLC + I hope they make a DmC 2 at some point. I highly recommend the game to everyone. EVERYONE!!

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Demoskinos said:

@Sanious

Vergil stuff?

Seriously can't get enough of DmC at the moment. If there are to be more levels released, that's seriously exciting (rather than just a Vergil skin).

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By musubi

@GetEveryone: Yes its going going to be a campaign featuring Vergil that takes place post game. Thats as much as anyone knows right now.

GabrielCantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By GabrielCantor

@GetEveryone said:

@Demoskinos said:

@Sanious

Vergil stuff?

Seriously can't get enough of DmC at the moment. If there are to be more levels released, that's seriously exciting (rather than just a Vergil skin).

Yeah there's some (I believe) post-game Vergil story content which, I'm gonna be honest, I'm way more excited about than anything in the base game. Though that's mostly personal bias from preferring Vergil over Dante ever since DMC3.

Also, something I've been thinking about:

I can't remember if the necklaces actually played an important role in this game, but really whether they did or not, wouldn't the next game, at least in a broad sense, basically be DMC3 plot-wise? With Vergil trying to get some sort of power to take over and possibly trying to get Dante's necklace and stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.