Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

So are you getting DmC Definitive Edition?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By FrostyRyan

Poll So are you getting DmC Definitive Edition? (117 votes)

YES and I've played it before. 25%
    YES and I haven't played it before. 5%
    NO and I've played it before. 54%
    NO and I haven't played it before. 12%
    This game is a farce. 9%

I feel like I'm the only person on planet earth who is going to get this as soon as it comes out this week. I really enjoyed DmC despite its list of problems like the incredibly flawed style system, colored enemies, and Don'te. Yes, Don'te is terrible(and it has nothing to do with his hair)

Anyway, I really liked the combat and visuals a lot and this edition will enhance it with 60fps, more balanced style system, Virgil bloody palace, a damn lock-on, and other stuff. Besides, It's good to let capcom know we still want DMC(not this new dmc....just...just forget about it and go make DMC5 with real Dante please.)

• 
    Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I really liked DmC and the re-imagined universe. Heck, I'd rather a follow up to DmC than see DMC5, though Ninja Theory has pretty much put up a billboard saying this won't happen :(

That said, I bought it on PC to begin with and feel no reason to buy it again, even with some of the gameplay changes (I thought it played great in the first place).

However, the conversation around it does kinda make me want to play it one more time.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Maybe... Oh FFS this new linking system is fucking garbage. Gonna have to just provide the raw url.

http://www.giantbomb.com/dmc-devil-may-cry-definite-edition/3030-48693/forums/the-ps4-version-s-pretty-good-1767548/

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

I'll wait until the PC version gets the updates (IF it gets the updates), since I already own it.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Where's the "No I'm getting DMC4 SE instead because I like to play actual DMC games" option?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@flstyle said:

Where's the "No I'm getting DMC4 SE instead because I like to play actual DMC games" option?

You have to roll your eyes real hard about 5 times and it appears.

Personally I loved DmC but I don't know if there is any reason for me to buy it again. Would be awesome to experience the game at 60FPS but thats not something I'm really willing to pay full price for again.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Corevi

No, I already have it on PC. I really should pick up that DMC HD Collection they put out a while back though, at least 1 and 3.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I kinda petered out during my first playthrough after the News guy part (which was awesome). It's not that I wasn't enjoying myself, but I did have some trouble with the different-colored enemies. It's possible some extra mechanics could help.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: I'm pretty sure a good number of people who would vote yes would also get DMC4 SE.

You can like both. It's possible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
    deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, already have it and dumped my share of hours into the game. Loved it, but not enough to justify paying money for a handful of improvements.

Donte is just as cool as Dante, and if they keep putting Donte in games I'm perfectly okay with it. Verbil is cool too.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need to get the dmc hd collection on ps3 and play those before I would buy this since DmC is the only game in the series (well I guess not actually part of the series but whatever) I've played.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: I second that! DMC3 is up there with Bayonetta as the best of the best when it comes to character action and one of my favorite action games ever. And don't just get the HD collection, get DMC4 too so you can have all 3 original DMC games: Devil May Cry, Devil May cry 3, and Devil May Cry 4.

Those are the original 3 games. What, why are you looking at me weird like that? Those are the only original three.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@flstyle: I'm pretty sure a good number of people who would vote yes would also get DMC4 SE.

You can like both. It's possible.

I agree on principle. I'm not one of them but I imagine there's some people who like both. My problem stems from DmC having the name Devil May Cry and its characters having the names Dante, Vergil, Mundus and Sparda. Take the names away and give it and them something different and I'm happy.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle: I actually do completely agree with everything you just said. I'd argue its biggest problem is that it's called devil may cry.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Would maybe buy this once it got cheap enough (having never played the original version), but by the time it's cheap DMC4 Special Edition will have come out and I'll be spending all my free-time playing the shit out of that.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By SMTDante89

Possibly, but likely not at launch. Did buy and largely enjoyed DmC as well.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
    ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I could care less, just give me DMC4 SE. I need it. I NEED IT.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nah. I'm sure that the PC version will get the the extra tweaks as a patch.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I'll be picking it up, I loved DmC and it's looking like a great port. I'd probably go and pick it up right away if it weren't for the fact I'm holding off to see which version between PS4 and Xbone runs better.

Avatar image for zkowaliczko1994
    zkowaliczko1994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally, my birthday is in a few weeks and I loved DmC on the 360 and it will be a real treat to see it running at 60 fps.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I won't pick it up full price but in a year or so definitely. I had a lot of fun the first time around.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No ... but not out of hatred toward DMC but dislike of the whole character action genre ... its just not my vibe

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, because I thought DmC was a bad game when it came out so I've no interest in playing through a bad game a second time.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've played it to completion and did most of the challenge rooms. No thanks, it was a pretty mediocre game, despite raving reviews. The DE is what it should have been in the first place, without the bullshit angel- and demon weapon gated enemies. I just don't get what is 'good' about this rerelease.

At least I'm glad that this is out of the way now so Capcom can focus on the REAL DMC experience with DMC4:SE.

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Played it, loved it, don't need to buy it again when I can just click on it on my Steam library. For those on the fence, pick it up. It's fantastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved the hell out of it, and I've always hated the other devil may cry games. That being said I have no interest in buying it again when I can just boot use my PS3.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Nope.

Played it from the PS+ catalog and enjoyed the game, don't ever want to play it again. Ended up in the same category for me as Arkham City, I wanted to say they were 5 star games but for the most part I couldn't bring myself to putting them on the same level as other (similar) games that were 5 stars, thus I never want to play either of them ever again. (That's a lie actually, I want to play Arkham City again as I remember loving the boss battles and want to see if they hold up)

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By doctordonkey

I played the shit out of that PC version, the thing was optimized to hell and back. I mean really, it looks absolutely phenomenal, doesn't drop a single frame below 60, and can run at 4k resolution on my PC, which is a R9 280x and a i7 920, a 7 year old processor. Fantastic stuff.

The improvements definitely sound good, but it simply hasn't been long enough since I've played it. Maybe a year or two from now, when it's 20$. Wish I could justify it, character action games don't sell for shit anymore, but I just can't.

Tyrrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I will definitely be picking it up. Being able to use Vergil in the Bloody Palace alone is worth the price of admission for me. If that wasn't added, however, I might not be getting it though. I already have it for Xbox 360 and PC, and I've gotten all the achievements for the Xbox version. It's just that I love playing as Vergil. Dante is definitely fun, but I must have played through Vergil's story missions a hundred times just to fight stuff. I'm interested to see how the other changes work out, like the lock on system for example, but I'll definitely be getting it to play as Vergil some more. Also, I loved the game overall and have no problem giving Ninja Theory more of my money. It's just a shame we'll probably never see any expansion of this universe with these characters.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I don't think so I played the game on PC and played the one dlc story with Vergil and I think I got all I could get outta that series. I'm sure that game is probably for those who didn't play it the first time around and want everything in one package.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope I played it on PS3 the first time around but if I wanted to play it again I'd play the PC version.

Sad we apparently won't see another one of these; Dante was still the asshole as always but less eyeroll worthy and actually had some character development. Who knows, maybe at some point we'll have a Dante who seems like a real person and not some juvenile emo shit!

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really do wish we could get both a DMC5 and a DmC2.

overnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really enjoyed my one playthrough of DmC but I doubt I'll ever get the desire to play it again. I'm not good enough at the combat to move to higher difficulties and I don't really want to put in the work to get that good.

Very fun game though.

Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

No, but I am getting DMC4 SE. I really liked Ninja Theory's game ( as the OP said, it is possible to like both) but I ready to welcome back the Japanese versions of the characters.

onyxghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By onyxghost

Nope, I'm not getting it right away.

Remastered games are for live or plus. It will be free before you now it. Just look at Tomb Raider. Free on both ecosystems eventually.

New games= buy

Remaster= wait

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DmC still has a spot on my "potentially buy for a really nice price" list. I remember quite liking a few of the stylistic choices and I occasionally enjoy character action games as mindless fluff if they aren't super challenging. Thus I'm likely to pick up DmC over any other DMC title. Probably won't happen though. Now, if either of the Bayonettas made its way to PC in acceptable form that would surely lure me out of the woodwork. That game seems to do everything I want out of such an experience while actually having a badass protagonist to boot (so very important since those games are all about their lead characters).

I'm probably not going to be starved for games enough to buy DmC, if I'm going to be honest, and Bayonetta on PC seems unlikely to say the least. That's a real fucking shame but I think I'll live even without PC Bayo.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I had a good time and enjoyed DmC including the Virgil DLC. I'm not interested in buying the game again for a second go around.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That game seems to do everything I want out of such an experience while actually having a badass protagonist to boot (so very important since those games are all about their lead characters).

Yes! You feel cool as shit because the character is cool as shit. In DMC3 and Bayonetta in particular, both have this confident "come at me, whatevs" attitude.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.