Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Why Capcom? Why?

• 169 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By CptBedlam

@Demoskinos said:

@CptBedlam: There was also a trick to getting the number on the dice you wanted EVERY time.

Don't care. The sequence was crap and should've been cut. It was just a boring looking arena that was just there to stretch the game in the most unoriginal way possible.

Vincent92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Vincent92

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Abyssfull said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Vincent92: It's possible that the negative reaction to DMC2 resulted in people not playing DMC3.

Not to mention that DMC3 had a reputation for being notoriously hard. Or does that scale include the sales from the special edition?

I have no clue if it includes the Special Edition. I literally just did a Google search for DMC sales to find that image because I've seen it before. I know I played the Special Edition because the original was supposed to be so hard (I found the Special Version to be challenging but still doable).

i have the special edition as well, they are proabbly not talking that version or could be both together on the chart.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#153  Edited By Yummylee

@CptBedlam said:

@Abyssfull: I never gave the game credit for the two characters because Dante played like shit. If anything, it made the game even worse for me. Nero played alright but there were way too many useless and non-fun weapons. Give me two handguns, a shotgun and a grenade launcher ... not some stupid looking, glowing thing that shoots crystals in weird ways etc. It was just a whole lot of gimmicky shit compared to the perfect arsenal of the first game.

That weapon was weird, I'll give you that. But Dante's arsenal was more than adequate for me. He was still very playable just by relying on his default sword and handguns; also there was a shotgun in DMC4, and the briefcase was ostensibly your grenade launcher--amongst many other things. You even still had access to all of his ''styles'' from DMC3 as well, which you could switch on the fly making for a decent amount of customisation with how you play.

bokchoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By bokchoi

Every even number DMC is ass (two and four) while every odd number DMC is awesome (one and three) so logic would dictate that this DMC will be awesome.

wariomona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By wariomona

If they'd called this game something else and gave the main character a different name I wouldn't feel so uncomfortable. But they're calling it DmC, which stands for "Devil May Cry". There is already a game with that name. Even if they'd added a subtitle or something, it would be better than giving the finger to one of my favourite games of all time.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By DukesT3

Looks great. The haircut is kinda lame but thats what "in" these days so its whatever. Excited to play this!

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#157  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

You know what has sucked ass for a long time? Devil May Cry. Any change in direction can only help.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By andriv

@Enigma777 said:

@Dany said:

@Hailinel said:

@Dany said:

DMC needed to start over, so whats the problem?

Why did it need to start over? To jump on the gritty reboot bandwagon companies have been so fond of for the past few years?

Bbecause its been stale and needed a refresh in comparison to other character-action-games.

If DMC was stale than RE is fucking rotten by this point. That argument just needs to die.

RE is pretty stale and the trailers for six look like they are doing something different with it. What is so weird about him being naked in the trailer?

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#159  Edited By AngelN7

@Demoskinos said:

@CptBedlam: There was also a trick to getting the number on the dice you wanted EVERY time.

There totally was! and you didn't even need to look for a guide or anything after the first dice game I figure it out that was really fun game with a lot of replayability , combat deep enough to be fun after multiple playtroughs, the best Dante in the series (gameplay wise) and a totally awesome new character ... Devil May Cry 4 was awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

@Enigma777: So who is Dante then?  
    The video reminds me of something from Bayonetta and that's a good thing. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#161  Edited By Yummylee

@AngelN7 said:

@Demoskinos said:

There totally was! and you didn't even need to look for a guide or anything after the first dice game I figure it out that was really fun game with a lot of replayability , combat deep enough to be fun after multiple playtroughs, the best Dante in the series (gameplay wise) and a totally awesome new character ... Devil May Cry 4 was awesome.

Hell yesh *brofist*

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By CptBedlam

@Abyssfull said:

@AngelN7 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Hell yesh *brofist*

YOU GUYS ARE WRONG.... kidding ... it's a matter of taste I guess. ;)

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#163  Edited By Hailinel

@andriv said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Dany said:

@Hailinel said:

@Dany said:

Why did it need to start over? To jump on the gritty reboot bandwagon companies have been so fond of for the past few years?

Bbecause its been stale and needed a refresh in comparison to other character-action-games.

If DMC was stale than RE is fucking rotten by this point. That argument just needs to die.

RE is pretty stale and the trailers for six look like they are doing something different with it. What is so weird about him being naked in the trailer?

It's not that he's naked in the trailer. What puts me off is just the general vibe. It feels like they're trying to turn Devil May Cry into some sort of weird-for-the-sake-of-weird Tim Burton fever dream.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#164  Edited By Ghostiet

It looks alright. I still find the redesign unnecessary, but at least it's less douchebaggy than earlier.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By CptBedlam

@Hailinel said:

@andriv said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Dany said:

@Hailinel said:

@Dany said:

It's not that he's naked in the trailer. What puts me off is just the general vibe. It feels like they're trying to turn Devil May Cry into some sort of weird-for-the-sake-of-weird Tim Burton fever dream.

I didn't care for the vibe in the first trailers but I'm really digging it in this neon/carnival scenario.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#166  Edited By Justin258

"I didn't know my mother but if you're calling me a son-of-a-bitch you wouldn't be the first"

Not a bad line, and it seemed pretty well delivered. The rest of it seemed appropriately big and dumb, just like Devil May Cry should be.

I did like the old Dante's design better but he wasn't much of a character. This Dante thus far seems like he might be a better written character.

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By andriv

@Hailinel said:

@andriv said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Dany said:

@Hailinel said:

@Dany said:

Tim Burton?? not seeing any of him in this.

this was just an over the top weird and cocky trailer, don't know if i will play it but I have more faith in the franchise after watching this than after playing dmc 4

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#168  Edited By Hailinel

@andriv said:

@Hailinel said:

@andriv said:

@Enigma777 said:

@Dany said:

@Hailinel said:

@Dany said:

Tim Burton?? not seeing any of him in this.

this was just an over the top weird and cocky trailer, don't know if i will play it but I have more faith in the franchise after watching this than after playing dmc 4

The color palette, tone of the TV talking head, and so on just gave me this off-kilter Tim Burton feeling. Maybe it's not the most apt comparison, but it was the first that sprang to mind.

And it is terrible.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By FreakAche

Haha! So much anger in this thread!

Robot_Moses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#170  Edited By Robot_Moses

Severe lack of wang in that trailer.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#171  Edited By AngelN7

@CptBedlam said:

@Abyssfull said:

@AngelN7 said:

@Demoskinos said:

Hell yesh *brofist*

YOU GUYS ARE WRONG.... kidding ... it's a matter of taste I guess. ;)

It is a friend says I'm crazy for liking Devil May Cry 4 more than 3 , but there must be someone out there who really likes 2, I cannot agree with that hypothetical guy but that's how it is the internet just happens to be the place where you find more people that dislikes the things you like.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Solh0und

I don't see the big deal. I'm more interested in this game then I have ever been in the entire series.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#173  Edited By sparklykiss

Man, for a thread that is essentially YouTube spam, this sure got lengthy rather quickly. I'm going to have to lock this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.