Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DND

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Q4 1975

Loosely based on TSR's Dungeons and Dragons pen-and-paper RPG, DND borrowed from D&D many of the things that later became staples of video games, such as player statistics, items, bosses, and leveling up.

Role playing in a video game world

nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By nodachie

I enjoy Dungeon and Dragons as well as other role playing games. Honestly it can not compare to video games. There are no limitations and you can do anything while playing. Give it a try, do something crazy, you might like it.
    nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By nodachie

I enjoy Dungeon and Dragons as well as other role playing games. Honestly it can not compare to video games. There are no limitations and you can do anything while playing. Give it a try, do something crazy, you might like it.
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By DystopiaX

Great effort input in this thread, great first post.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By unchained

I've been playing tabletop rpgs for 24 years (since I was 8). While I don't care for 4th Edition DnD, I really like Pathfinder . I have a very robust collection of books I've gathered over the years, with my favorite being the Ptolus: City by the Spire book.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#4  Edited By ArbitraryWater

...Ok. Sure. The problem is that P&P RPGs are expensive, time consuming and a hassle to get together. And if your DM isn't good then it's all a wash anyways. Certainly, there are far more possibilities than video games that use these rulesets, but there are also way more pointless things you have to remember. Like Grapple checks. Even Temple of Elemental Evil, the most complex D&D CRPG doesn't allow the player to grapple enemies. 

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainCody

Contuining trend of bad first posters, but on-topic: I would play a P&P RPG if it wasn't for the hassle with it all, getting the people interested, and I don't exactly roleplay in videogames already so it just seems incredibley lame.
    nodachie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By nodachie
    @CaptainCody
    P&P RPG's are a hassle if you are not interested. Convention games, like one-shots, are a great place to start. They are made for those who have no idea what is going on but are willing to give it a chance. The "lame" factor also goes away once you get into it. In a room where every one else is getting into it you can not help but fall into it as well.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By endaround
    @ArbitraryWater said:
    ...Ok. Sure. The problem is that P&P RPGs are expensive, time consuming and a hassle to get together. And if your DM isn't good then it's all a wash anyways. Certainly, there are far more possibilities than video games that use these rulesets, but there are also way more pointless things you have to remember. Like Grapple checks. Even Temple of Elemental Evil, the most complex D&D CRPG doesn't allow the player to grapple enemies. 
    Partly that is because unarmed combat for non-monk characters in 2nd ed AD&D is a joke.  Its like one table that is crammed in as if someone forgot about even the possibility of unarmed combat.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.