Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Donkey Kong 64

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 31, 1999

Enjoy barrel blasting, special powers, and saving the Kongs from King K. Rool in the Nintendo 64 installment of the Donkey Kong series.

In the first World of DK64

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By TheMasterDS

When making your way to Diddy Kong for the first time, do you climb up Funky's, or do you swing across the gap and use the barrel cannon to reach Diddy? Personally, every single time I've replayed that game, I've climbed up Funky's. It only occurred to me very recently that swinging across the gap and taking the barrel cannon was probably what I was supposed to do, especially considering how tricky it is to get up onto Funky's. 

So anyone out there who remembers the first moments of DK64, do you scale Funky's or do it the intended way? 

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dooops

I just purchased a Nintendo 64 in a yard sale. It has Donkey Kong 64 with it ... so I'll let you know what I decide... hehehe decisions decisions :P
    BLACKNEND

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

I've done that before many times in Jungle Japes, climbed Funky's shop. Especially when I'm rushing to get the timed Golden Bananas from the switches in Cranky's area.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.