Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Don't Starve

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Apr 09, 2013

A roguelike exploration/survival game from the creators of Shank and Mark of the Ninja.

Can this game be finished?

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I'm thinking about giving Don't Stave another shot, I enjoyed what I played of it when it came out but it seemed completely directionless; is there an actual ending to this game?

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Somewhere in your randomly generated world is a gateway that will allow you to enable Adventure mode, which is just a fancy challenge mode with premade maps (you are supposed to find a way out of each of these maps using the gateways). The game "ends" when you finish the last challenge map. Personally, I didn't find the challenge stuff as fun as the default free roam stuff. They might have added more to the game since I've stopped playing though (I stopped around the time they started adding the caves stuff), so there might be more to it than what I've described.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By MildMolasses

According to an FAQ I just found at GameFAQS, another fine CBSi property, it goes on endlessly, although it seems like the real progression is building out the items in the tech tree

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.