Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom Eternal

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 20, 2020

The direct sequel to the 2016 installment of Doom. Hell’s armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity.

I set Doom Eternal footage to the Animal Crossing trailer

Avatar image for butterednoodles
    butterednoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By butterednoodles
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Ha that came out great! Getting more and more hyped for Doom thanks to Danny's vids; hope it plays well on a controller.

butterednoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I played the first one on XB1 and had no problems with it. I generally prefer controllers though, so I may be biased.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Love this. Great work.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha that came out great! Getting more and more hyped for Doom thanks to Danny's vids; hope it plays well on a controller.

I originally played the previous game on PS4 and had a good time, admittedly on normal difficulty though, not sure if the game would've kicked my behind more on harder ones. But I have to say that I do love how snappy it feels with a keyboard & mouse, having replayed it on PC.

Eternal does add all the traversal stuff with the increased amount of platforming, so I guess one can't do a direct comparison to how the first game played with a controller yet at least. We'll see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@glots: Oh yeah, I played the first on controller too (preferred method of play for me), but there are quite a few new mechanics being added to this so I was just thinking how the heck are they gonna cram all this onto a controller? I guess the paddles will be out by then for PS4. This may be the game that justifies me buying those.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

That was pretty good, loved the ending. (Never played an Animal Crossing but i'm aware of Nook...)

@glots said:
    @sloppydetective said:

I originally played the previous game on PS4 and had a good time, admittedly on normal difficulty though, not sure if the game would've kicked my behind more on harder ones. But I have to say that I do love how snappy it feels with a keyboard & mouse, having replayed it on PC.

Eternal does add all the traversal stuff with the increased amount of platforming, so I guess one can't do a direct comparison to how the first game played with a controller yet at least. We'll see.

Titanfall works well enough with a controller and that leans into crazy traversal stuff just as much if not more so than Doom Eternal (Hard to say since it isnt out yet) so i'm sure it will be fine.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#8 chaser324  Moderator

Rip and Pear

No Caption Provided

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Nice to see you got Tom Nook's theme song in there...

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bigsocrates

This makes sense, since they're canonically set in the same universe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boozak: Doom Eternal is adding more than just dashing though. The new flame thrower, melee weapons. I'm just wondering how they're gonna handle all that with a controller. I'm sure they designed it with both in mind though as Doom was on every console.

When I saw all the movement stuff my first thought was "so Doom 3 will be when they add wall running."

Dugrugnak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was oddly relaxing, thanks for sharing

butterednoodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Q5pwCgqtA

Loading Video...

Just a dumb thing I made and wanted to post somewhere because I'm v excited for both these games. Hope y'all enjoy it!

And to imagine people think Mick Gordon is messed up for the debacle between him and the Id team.

He's got nothin on you, this is twisted!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.