Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom Eternal

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 20, 2020

The direct sequel to the 2016 installment of Doom. Hell’s armies have invaded Earth. Become the Slayer in an epic single-player campaign to conquer demons across dimensions and stop the final destruction of humanity.

RIP AND TEAR 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By vaiz

Let's. Fucking. DO THIS.

I've returned purely to continue my work as the requisite Doom hype man. I waited eight fucking years for Doom, I'll wait another eight for Doom... Err... Eternal. Which I will be referring to as HELL ON EARTH ANOTHER AGAIN.

I probably won't have to, though. They seem to have their shit together this time. Anyway who else is ready to rip and tear all over again?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

You know, "eternal" is a word that implies a very long amount of time. Somewhat like forever.

...but yeah, I am definitely ready to rip and fucking tear some more. Having such a short nothing trailer kinda sucks but they said they'd have more at Quake-Con. Also this same team scrapped whatever Doom 4 was turning out to be and made Doom 2016 in about 3 years, from what I understand, so it's a pretty safe bet that they'll deliver a thing sometime in 2019.

TheRealSeaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By TheRealSeaman

I was expecting them to straight up call it Hell on Earth.

Eternal is a lame name.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm guessing Eternal will make sense from a story perspective once we've played it, but I really wish they just called it "DOOM: Hell on Earth".

Doesn't matter though. The greatest shooter campaign ever crafted gets a sequel, I'm ready.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

YES. I wasn't expecting a new Doom announcement for another year or two. I'm so ready.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By Atlas

Name is awful. Very hype for the game.

GundamGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By GundamGuru

See, subtitles like "eternal" and "infinite" just make me think the companies are saying "this is our monetization platform that you will play and pay for eternally." Sort of "the last DOOM/Halo you will ever buy" kind of a thing. And that just bums me out. Hopefully it's just a case of bad subtitle here.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I hope the game is delayed over and over again just so you have to resurrect this thread every year or so with a new rant about it.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By csl316

Ok, I wanted to revive the old one like an arch-vile, but the dates in the thread name were definitive.

I was honestly surprised. Of course they'd make another one, but announcing this at the same conference as Rage made it feel a little early. Til then, I'm be playing this VR game and the Doom board game. If the first set the foundation, I can see this one being polished to hell and being amazing in every way.

HERE'S THE TRAILER FOR EASY REFERENCE!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

At first the Eternal thing was not my favorite but A) I get why you don't want to make another game called Doom II and B) Eternal is a pretty metal sounding name. It's only a bit goofy since there have been so many Infinite type titles lately.

But I do think Hell on Earth would probably be cooler and more to the point.

Anyways, super excited.

PDXSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I didn't notice in the original viewing of the trailer that there will be Arch-ville's in the game and they look fantastic. I've got a bunch of games to go through but I'll certainly give Doom 1 another run thorough before Doom Eternal comes out (next year?).

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

@csl316: I seriously considered it, dude. But yeah, it's already been immortalized as the 2008-2016 thread, why fuck with a good thing? SO HERE WE ARE IN THE 2018-20XX THREAD.

anyway thanks for embedding the trailer. I would have done it, but I'm working off of the mobile site and it's a bit more difficult to do in that environment.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Fuck yeah! This game looks soooo good. Glad our resident DOOM guy, @vaiz, is back.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At first the Eternal thing was not my favorite but A) I get why you don't want to make another game called Doom II and B) Eternal is a pretty metal sounding name. It's only a bit goofy since there have been so many Infinite type titles lately.

But I do think Hell on Earth would probably be cooler and more to the point.

How about Eternal DOOM? That sounds neat

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.