Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 13, 2016

In a world with health regeneration and cover-based systems, one of the longest-running first-person shooter series returns to its brutal, fast-paced roots.

Can't get ShadowPlay working

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have no idea why. Is it my AMD CPU? I clearly have desktop capture enabled, but it seems to only grab any video if I'm not in fullscreen... Any ideas? Anyone else got it working?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Maybe cause Shadowplay is for Nvidia cards?

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dprotp

Maybe cause Shadowplay is for Nvidia cards?

I'm using one.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5d056614f191a
    deactivated-5d056614f191a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Have you tried the beta drivers?

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GiroMindTricks

Nvidia's Shadowplay cannot record games using OpenGL like Doom. I've tried work arounds like starting the recording before starting the game, but I always get a little audio delay. That could be fixed after the fact if you want though.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dprotp

@giromindtricks: I'm not, actually, as shown by the video I posted. Edit: was in response to assumption that I was using AMD's version of shadowplay

@rinsatori: I don't think so, but it's worth a shot. I'm updated to the latest stable release (May 23rd, I think?)

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game uses OpenGL not DirectX, so Shadowplay isn't gonna work well if at all. If you're set on using Shadowplay then play in windowed and crop the video after the fact. An alternative is to start the recording before you load Doom (with desktop capture enabled), this will let you play full screen. However in my experience this always had some audio delay.

I've never tried using Shaowplay with Doom myself, but I have with idTech4 games and other OpenGL games.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giromindtricks: So the weird thing is that there are a handful of videos of ShadowPlay working, but it's very possible that the uploaders cropped their videos...

When you say start the recording, you mean manually through Alt + F9 (default binding)? That's the one thing I didn't try yet, unfortunately.

GiroMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tried it with Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, which uses a similar, but older engine. I had the game set to borderless window, then shut it down. Then started recording at the desktop. I loaded up the game again and it worked, but with audio delay.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@dprotp: I tried this a few minutes ago, I did borderless fullscreen, checked Record Desktop, and started recording manually. It worked.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dprotp

@giromindtricks: @mike: Huh! I'll have to give it another shot. Autorecording didn't work on borderless, but I didn't try manually yet. I also haven't tried relaunching the game after changing video options, so I'll see how that works for me tomorrow.

Update: For some reason, ShadowPlay works fine now. I can upload video proof if anyone wants it, but it's going to take awhile because it's a ~270MB MP4 and my upload is about 0.6-0.8 mbps, so it'l be a hot minute. Fullscreen and autorecord/Alt + F10 functionality.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.