Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 13, 2016

In a world with health regeneration and cover-based systems, one of the longest-running first-person shooter series returns to its brutal, fast-paced roots.

How do you think the season pass sold?

LackLuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Since it's just multiplayer content I can't see it being very desirable for a large portion of the audience considering the campaign and to lesser degree snapmap is all people even really mention.

I played the multiplayer just to get the 2 trophies and I can safely say I'll never go back.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

No idea, but I'm very interested to hear how the game itself sold. I saw enough of those "teens react" videos to know that younger people don't know a damn thing about Doom.

Granted, X-Com was the same way and it did ok?

katpottz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By katpottz

I don't play multiplayer shooters that often (have not played one in a few years) so I found the multiplayer to be rather fun. I would think of getting the season pass, or even some dlc for the game, but the pricing model as they're pitching it right now is too expensive. From what Iv'e read they are offering essentially 2 price tiers for dlc, you can either buy one of three dlc packs for $15 which gets you a smorgasbord of dlc (some you might not care about), or all three packs for $40. I really like the multiplayer and would be happy to buy some dlc but if these are the only pricing options then I'm not going to participate.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike

I have 35 people on my Steam friends list that own Doom and only one of them has the Season Pass, and that's only because it was included in his Journalism account.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

The only thing I'm interested in is more story content. I won't be touching the season pass but I'll happily lend support to the other areas of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
    deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't think it will sell much at all at 55$,in Canada, for 3 pack that's a lot to ask for. DLC is getting way out of hand when you look at the Witcher 3 and the season pass is 25$! and you get a ass lode of content for that price.

Gigabomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Gigabomber

@csl316 said:

Granted, X-Com was the same way and it did ok?

Not well enough for the sequel to be on consoles.

Not to mention Multi only dlc is such a zig when they should have zagged.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe this is just me, but I don't even hear about Season passes anymore. Apparently Dark Souls 3 has one, but I only know that because I saw someone on here mention it offhand. This is the first I've heard about Doom having one too.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#9  Edited By ArbitraryWater  Online

For as much as I think the campaign of this new Doom is kind of amazing, I played just enough of the competitive multiplayer to get the trophies for the platinum and I cannot imagine it having any sort of real staying power to warrant a season pass with new maps and stuff. It's not bad by any means, but it feels like something that would've come out of a shooter from 4 or 5 years ago, back when everyone was vigorously chasing that Call of Duty money and felt obliged to throw in a tacked-on multiplayer mode. I wouldn't be surprised if it and the season pass only exist because someone up on the corporate ladder demanded it be so.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

@teddie said:

Maybe this is just me, but I don't even hear about Season passes anymore. Apparently Dark Souls 3 has one, but I only know that because I saw someone on here mention it offhand. This is the first I've heard about Doom having one too.

Its probably because they are something to be expected and every game has them plus you can get the premium editions with base game and season pass.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had no idea it even had a season pass lol

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I like the multiplayer, but I'm not interested in the season pass or multiplayer DLC. I wouldn't mind if it was extra SnapMap and small singleplayer content.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.