Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 13, 2016

In a world with health regeneration and cover-based systems, one of the longest-running first-person shooter series returns to its brutal, fast-paced roots.

No voices play (PC)

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Hey, I'm playing on a PC, GTX 960 card and no voices play at all. I checked the settings, voice volume is 100% and my drivers are up to date

So what do I do?

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

A LOT of other folks are having this issue. I don't know a resolution, my own self, but I'd recommend you search online for one.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A LOT of other folks are having this issue. I don't know a resolution, my own self, but I'd recommend you search online for one.

I've googled alot, haven't really found anything

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

@venatio: Well, fair enough; how about we specify your issues some? From what you said, it sounds like you have some audio, but not all. Do you have sound/music in the menu, in-game? Do demons go "aaargh" when you rip them apart?

Quick Edit: What's your sound set-up like? Including a sound-card you might have, are you using headphones, are they USB-based. All that hot stuff.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Venatio

I have a USB based headset connected. All other sounds except voices seem to work

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I have the same problem sometimes, but with the music. Quick hop to the menu and back to game works most of the time for me. Looks like the game has trouble loading the sounds/music at times?

Colony024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't run into this myself, but I've heard people suggest that having your sound set to play back at anything higher than 48Khz in your Windows settings can cause issues. Might be worth a check if nothing else.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did that 48Khz thing, it did nothing

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try ti verify cache? Could be missing or corrupt files. Try a new game and see if it happens to rule out a glitch in your save game.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try ti verify cache? Could be missing or corrupt files. Try a new game and see if it happens to rule out a glitch in your save game.

Thank you! I did the verification of the cache and 5 files were missing apparently, thanks. Finally I can see what all the hype is about this game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.