Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released May 13, 2016

In a world with health regeneration and cover-based systems, one of the longest-running first-person shooter series returns to its brutal, fast-paced roots.

WTF is this?

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By John1912
    No Caption Provided

I have seen this thing in like 2-3 locations late game. I think I picked it up once. But I have no clue what it is? Its always next to ammo, health, or armor. Usually just walk over it and it stays there, but sure I picked it up once.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MobiusFun

Ammo for siphon grenades.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By John1912

@andrack said:

Ammo for siphon grenades.

Those need ammo? Dont those use cool down like the others? Either way thanks for the response.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john1912: They do recharge, but picking these up will recharge them instantly. Grenades and the holograms also have weird looking ammo packs lying around. I mistook the hologram ammo for a bathroom sign when I first saw it.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By John1912

@andrack said:

@john1912: They do recharge, but picking these up will recharge them instantly. Grenades and the holograms also have weird looking ammo packs lying around. I mistook the hologram ammo for a bathroom sign when I first saw it.

Cool, was really bugging me. Cuz it looks kinda cool and important! Tried to look it up, but didnt see anything. Not on the ammo list here http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Supplies, and checked the siphon grenades section of the same wiki and doesnt say anything about that either. They should update that shit! Thanks again!

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mandude
    @andrack said:

Got to level 9 before I realised they recharge! Mixed signals...

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John1912

@mandude said:
    @andrack said:

Got to level 9 before I realised they recharge! Mixed signals...

Yea, not super clear! Esp that there are ammo pick ups for them!

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John1912

Actually I am still weired out. The pic I took is at the VERY start of the stage. There are no enemies to fight. You have to jump off a high cliff to enter the next section, other then to take pot shots at two imps and a hell knight. Which kinda makes the ammo pick up for grenades pointless. I would think your cool downs would be reset, even if they were not, again pretty pointless.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@john1912: I'm pretty sure when you first pick up a grenade it pops up a tool tip saying that equipment items operate on a recharge. I never found the pickups all that useful since the recharge time isn't THAT bad, and once you have a healthy amount of weapon options, there's not much need for being reliant on grenades.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.