Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Dec 10, 1993

In one of the most revolutionary first-person shooters of the 1990s, players control the last remaining space marine in the demon-infested stations on Mars' moons.

Doom Multiplayer

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PolyesterKyle

Anyone here ever play Doom online anymore? I've been playing on and off for the past few years, unfortunately whenever I play, it's usually with strangers. We play for an hour or so and then we go our separate ways into the night, our hearts heavy with regret. So I was thinking, how many of the Bombers play Doom, or would want to play Doom online with fellow Bombers. That way we could get a little community going or something, I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud here. If it's a dumb idea just tell me, but I bet there are at least a couple people who think it could be cool.

A little info, I play on Skulltag using the Doomseeker server list, I'm not that familiar with getting servers up and running but I bet I could figure it out. Let me know if there is a better way or whatever. Anyway, I hope someone thinks this is an alright idea.

Pavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Pavera

Believe it or not, the Doom community is still quite active and many new mapping/modding related projects are currently in progress! If you're looking for some people to play Doom with, why not try heading over to Doomworld, ZDoom or the Skulltag forums? You'll probably find most of your online opponents on the Skulltag forums. Also, might I recommend trying out Odamex as a multiplayer source port as well? Every Saturday, the Odamex community has Odamex Nitro where they choose a wad to play with the community. It's generally pretty fun!

You can also meet other doomers on IRC if you're willing to use that. On the OFTC network you can find #zdoom and #odamex, and on the Skulltag network you can find #skulltag.

PolyesterKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PolyesterKyle

@Pavera: Do you play? I wouldn't mind getting in on some of that stuff that you mentioned. Though a lot of it was over my head. I know what wads are though, and it makes me giggle every time I say it.

Pavera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pavera

@PolyesterKyle: I play occasionally, but I mainly just hang out with a smaller group of community members on IRC and make maps. You can also check out the ZDaemon community. They seem to always be ready to play something, and the ZDaemon source port keeps track of stats and such, so it might appeal to more modern sensibilities.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.