Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Doom

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Dec 10, 1993

In one of the most revolutionary first-person shooters of the 1990s, players control the last remaining space marine in the demon-infested stations on Mars' moons.

Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Okay first off, I know this looks like it is in the wrong forum but it really really isn't.

So, I'm actually really surprised to find that there is absolutely nothing about this on Giantbomb. I used the search function, and I spelled Mega Man and Deathmatch like twelve different ways.

In any event, I figured that since, at the very least, there seems to be no active forum topics about this game that I would take the time to educate you.

Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch is a standalone Doom mod running on Skulltag that is pretty much the most bad ass thing ever. At its most basic level the game is Skulltag Doom deathmatch with a cool 8-bit Megaman skin, but it is so much more than that. You can play as any of the Robot Masters from Mega Man 1 through 6 as well as other characters like Proto Man and Bass, EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Robot Masters' signature weapons can be found as usable weapons, there over 50 maps made exclusively for the game with art that looks like it was ripped straight from an NES, and to top it off the entire thing has a single player campaign included that is based off the original games. 

In other words, IT IS THE BEST FUCKING GAME EVER MADE.  

While it is still in development, there is a demo available on the developer's website that has but a fraction of what will be in the final version if the various trailers available aren't enough to wet your whistle. Thankfully the final product should be out very soon and work with a lot of Skulltag game modes like CTF.

verysexypotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By verysexypotato

@LordXavierBritish: I can't believe you're the only person to have a thread on this... Jesus, this was posted almost two years ago?!

Alright people, I only now just discovered this and also searched the forums. This game is incredible. His links are a little outdated, so here's the scoop.

Blog is here: http://cutstuff.net/blog/

Information about when people are most commonly on and more about the game: http://cutstuff.net/mm8bdm/

And some server run mods and maps that you can DL here: http://www.cutstuff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3865

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.