Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Brad's Daily dota

Avatar image for deactivated-63e25d72b6044
    deactivated-63e25d72b6044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Would you like Brad to continue Dota 2 Daily videos?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Nope. A monthly Dota check in might be interesting to see new stuff, but there's no need for it be daily. There's so much other stuff they could be doing.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e25d72b6044
    deactivated-63e25d72b6044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: monthly would do a trick a suppose, just missing some dota content on GB !

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does Brad still play regularly?

The thing about DOTA to my understanding is that you constantly need to keep it a major part of your gaming diet or you will fall behind the curve and become renewbified and get stomped. It's not something you can dabble in, right?

badseed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't play DOTA, I'm uninterested in DOTA, yet my response is Hells Yes!

Well maybe not a daily thing, but the banter between Brad and the rest of the crew is such that I would not mind a semi regular check in.

Jellybones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really miss Daily DotA. Some of my favorite GB content. :(

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
    RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I will watch matt pascual chase a courier across the map any day of the week.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bigsocrates: I can take a month off and be back in it within 1 game. The core mechanics don't change. What changes is popularity of certain heroes in certain roles and their itembuilds. But Brad generally plays the same 5-10 heroes , so it doesn't really matter that much for his purposes.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By htr10

The time for Daily DOTA has come and gone. Please don't be the first person on this website to ever request the return of an old well-liked feature. It would be considered distasteful.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Instead of a daily Dota type feature, I wouldn't mind seeing a Daily Game that ran for, say, two weeks and was then subbed in for another game and another host for that two week period.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Onemanarmyy

@sparky_buzzsaw:

This would be really cool. Dan was pretty much doing this with Stardew Valley on Twitch, and you keep seeing Vinny wanting to do something Factorio related on the site, but just not being able to because it's not a game you can show off in 30 min.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@onemanarmyy: Those would be fantastic examples. Or with the glut of MOBA-esque shooters almost on us, maybe showing some of those off for a week or two at a time? Something anyways.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@bigsocrates: No, you can go back to it every now and then, as long as you keep up with the patches. The thing about needing to play it a lot is that there's a lot to learn initially, and it helps learn if you play a lot. But once you're past that initial learning curve, just keep up with the changes and you're good.

BrotherBran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BrotherBran

I have a theory about the daily dota being partly based on brad having a ton of downtime while Jeff was in meetings, and Drew would be editing, so Brad couldn't even get a proper quick look going (they may have outright said this i just cant remember). Now that they have more people, and Brad also has more responsibilities with the podcast it doesn't make sense to do a feature like that.

Also obviously, Brad isnt as consumed by Dota, it never goes away its always in your life once your hooked, but it can take a back seat for sure. I hadnt played in over a month but 6.87 added so much crazy shit i got back in recently.

Edit-Also doesnt Pascual, work for sony now? not that they havent worked around things like that in the past but i dont see him being able to take a couple hours in the middle of the work day to discuss the latest in hats, and animal couriers.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It'd be cool to maybe stream it himself semi regularly and id probably watch being a big brad fan, but maybe doeant need to be on the site. It wouldn't hurt anything if it were on the site i suppose, so if he wants why not bring it back. If people don't like it they can just ignore it.

Now hitdan:brad money is a series that must come within the next month or im cancelling my subscription and tearing up a picture of guinea pigs. >:(

raciend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah, kinda miss it. Love the in dept gaming that sometimes happens here on the site (Dota 2, some of the souls games, castlevania, kerbal esc). Kind of a brain dead background noise I love having in my life. Feel like the site misses out in not having more twitch-like content where the dudes just play something and then it get archived here. Loved the dive back into DS by Brad that just happend, but I have a feeling that he will never do another part, even though he said he would on the stream.

I know Dan does a fair bit of twitching on the side but I can never keep up with it if it's not featured on the site!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.