Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Dota 2 bad match venting thread.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Akyho

Hallo Bombers and fellow Dota players. Like any game you play with other people E.G Multiplayer, you will find yourself having a bad game and for this one time it actually affects you. While it was a bad thing at the time a good vent can mean the world.

So I decided to make this thread at minimum for myself to vent about a bad game today and at maximum have anyone else come to vent.

I will first bring up a major rule, this thread is basically bitching about people. This being the Giant Bomb community and a good number of us group up and play with or against each other, I don't want any shit talking of fellow members. That is just nothing but bad news and Mods intervening.

Other than that bitch about random people and don't go too over the top.

I will start with a match that just had a team "Get" to me so much my anger went from 0 to 100 and I was a mad man. This is not like me.

Random Draft playing with a friend over skype and three randoms, I am first on my team and the carries are few so I pick Gyro as I have played him a tone and a 20 to 10 win ratio with him. My friend who was second to pick for our team picked Rubik for support. The other three dudes picked Winder runner, Batrider and one other hero who is not a carry.

So bat goes mid I take offlane with Windrunner. Its hard going as we are getting just bullied. . So 5 minutes in we are having 5 man team fights. The enemy team is TERRIBLE and the worst fact is we also were terrible team fights were a mess with just stupidity happening from all of us.

I didn't get much farm between Windrunner taking it and being bullied out of it from the enemy. I try to farm but a teammate steals it or I get ganked. Lack of damage being done lack of money, I have power treads already set to agility for more damage not enough. So I have enough to buy phase boots so I have that extra attack and I get to speed up for escape or for Rocket Barrage.

THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM HAPPENS.

I am now being bitched at for having two boots on me. Batrider dude just wouldn't let up I give him my reasons then the other dude pipes up and says "two boots cmon. Do you even know how to play dota?!" and so it just went on like that. I told them I needed extra damage for farm, to escape and I cant afford a shadow blade. I will sell them once I can get a shadow blade.

They just kept going on and on about my two boots and wanting me to sell them this very second...I am in the middle of farming...they are bitching I need to farm...what do they want me to do both at the same time? Also I need the benefits of the boots, yes I am not getting that extra passive speed boost but I get phase speed boost when activated and extra damage. I bought this stuff over three deaths saving up for one 1400 item was not a possible goal, I need to bank the money if you will on cheaper items.

So after 10 minutes of bitching they calm down. They even stacked the ancients for me to farm, I said thanks. I mauled the weaker ancients and the alpha? ones were left. I was fucked up by the bitching and was not thinking straight and was killed by the ancients.

SO OF COURSE MY TEAM DECIDED TO BITCH HARDER! Going on about boots again, going on about poor farm when they kept taking it from me....c'mon when I use flak cannon your not to mop most of them.

I then said "Yeah I fucked up I cant think straight due to all the bitching." then batrider duder says "That does not mean you make bad decisions." I lost it.and just typed "CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT! CAN'T THINK STRAIGHT THATS THE VERY FUCKING DEFINITION ON WHY YOU MAKE BAD DECISIONS!!!"

I can not handle such stupidity why I was a mad man.

Then started to say "you should have Helm of Dominator!" how the fuck am I suppose to buy that with no money and besides that's not the best for Gyro as he isn't a tank. Its helpful late game with other important items like Shadow blade for escape, damage AND attack speed,but this is now 20 mins in.

So it got worse I was just shouting at them through text and just fountained. They calmed down and said a sort of sorry. I then said "As long as no one makes comments to me, I will be fine....." Then big mouth batrider pipes up with "I made the comments because you weren't fine. Have you ever played gyro?" I lost it told them all to fuck off abandoned the match. Shouted fuck off to my friend on skype and slammed my NEW microphone I got today as i logged off skype.

Bad things were going to happen if I kept playing.

Once I cooled off I checked the replay to see what was said, cant see Ally chat but in public the enemy team was pretty insistent on pausing and waiting for me to return which is really nice of them. The two guys go "nah he raged quit" accurate....then....THEN....he says this. "Did you see he had two boots?" other guy chimes in "Yeah what a noob he had two boots!" silence enemy team didn't even acknowledge them waited for safe to leave game and left.

I checked up on the Batrider dudes wins and losses as he doesn't have it private(and I couldn't let it go), I saw he had won 220 matches, I am 150 with 160 losses. I checked through his matches and found he had 9 game loss streaks often in his records. I never have such a long streak of losses 5 or 6 yeah but 9? We all get left with shitty teammates or bad teammates, we get pitted against awesome players or the fate of the game just meant you did not win.

It also seemed most matches didn't last past the 30 minute mark and the score being slanted greatly to the other team. With the only constant thing in all these games is he was playing.

I swear if you stray from the top two guides for a character people will hang you for it. I was viper offlane and was getting hit hard by simple spells so I invested in vanguard for some extra health dude nearly had a heart attack at it. It was an unusual circumstance you have to improvise no need to be a robot and stay on a track all your life geez. That match didn't wind up with me quitting I just played on as he stopped bitching after a few minutes and I tanked while melting faces.

Had dude bitch at me about Sniper and getting desolator on him...then mocked me for going mid (Won my lane against a decent pudge) then went on about how Sniper was one of the worst heros because A) he is useless mid....?????.....and B) he has no escape.....whys you buy shadow blade. Thing is I bought desolator vs very fed Pudge, Spirit Breaker and Life stealer. Ripped up their health like it was butter and lead us to winning. Yeah sniper is a bad hero.

Needless to say I am having a break from Dota over the next few days.

Some of you duders may have played with or against me, should know I am not a useless asshole just you have a bad game and when its your own team against you how can you play?

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

To be fair, phase boots cost 1350 and give you 22 damage. A claymore is 1400 and gives you 21 damage with the option to build into shadow blade later. If you really think you needed more speed and damage sooner rather than later but you already had treads, perhaps a blade of alacrity and build towards a yasha-into-manta more focussed build.

Your original decision of phase boots as a second pair was, I don't want to say wrong, but there were better options for items that you wouldn't have had to resell until the really stupid lategame where you might suddenly want all the superbig items. Unfortunately it sounds like instead of people who rationally offer suggestions for 'next time' so that you could see some possibilities, you were playing with the type of people who think players will get better if they shout at them enough. Only a small amount of players will get better if you shout at them. Mostly it just turns people off.

All in all it was just a silly situation that sadly escalated from one questionable decision.

(PS desolator is awesome on sniper in the right situations. Sounds like it turned out fine.)

Avatar image for usernameandemail
    Usernameandemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I played with this noob who had two boots the other day.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

I played with a tiny who would just afk at the tower and not do anything. Wouldn't talk to us the whole game. All he did was stand at the tower and then run away to a different tower once that tower was beginning to get pushed. The tower would get pushed no defense from Tiny and we lost.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Akyho

@dizzymedal said:

To be fair, phase boots cost 1350 and give you 22 damage. A claymore is 1400 and gives you 21 damage with the option to build into shadow blade later. If you really think you needed more speed and damage sooner rather than later but you already had treads, perhaps a blade of alacrity and build towards a yasha-into-manta more focussed build.

Your original decision of phase boots as a second pair was, I don't want to say wrong, but there were better options for items that you wouldn't have had to resell until the really stupid lategame where you might suddenly want all the superbig items. Unfortunately it sounds like instead of people who rationally offer suggestions for 'next time' so that you could see some possibilities, you were playing with the type of people who think players will get better if they shout at them enough. Only a small amount of players will get better if you shout at them. Mostly it just turns people off.

All in all it was just a silly situation that sadly escalated from one questionable decision.

(PS desolator is awesome on sniper in the right situations. Sounds like it turned out fine.)

When my team cant hold a team fight and if you go alone for any moment the other team ganks you. Your money constantly stands at 250 raising to 500 at max before your death then being thrown down to 250. Raising 1400 in ONE single purchase is not going to happen. So I made the temporary measure to buy phase boots for active speed boost and damage. I had to buy in parts it was that or buy like 3 claws for damage and I would expect a bigger blowout of abuse if I bought three claws.

Yes a blade of alacrity building into Yasha sounds great, i never saw 1000 gold in out life no matter what I did the enemy would find me and kill me. So I had to do something I wasn't not getting the money due to the team not killing the enemy and not letting me get any farm.

It was a banking tactic. I raise 450, buy one claw then died since the enemy team steamrolled us. I was going to waste a lot more money and time not being able to farm or deal damage in a fight plus, there was many times that a close up rocket barrage would have killed dudes but I just lacked that small amount of speed boost. Phase boots was a situational temporary solution to till I got Shadow Blade.Which phase boots allowed me to escape a few ganks and farm for SB in a just a few minutes vs the longer time...except the team did not let it go.

If I never bought the phase boots I would have been killed an extra two times and barely made any farm even before those deaths died in two more team fights and would never have made enough money for a Claymore aclarity or anything above 500 single payments for another 10 minutes. By then the game would be 100% lost.

I understand why anyone would comment but its the fact they would never let it go. It was going to not be an issue in 2 minutes except they just never let it go.

ZosoZep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just Spirit Breaker all the time any time.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

This should be a very entertaining thread. Possibly even the gift that keeps on giving.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@akyho said:

[...]
    been killed an extra two times and barely made any farm even before those deaths died in two more team fights and would never have made enough money for a Claymore aclarity or anything above 500 single payments for another 10 minutes. By then the game would be 100% lost.

I understand why anyone would comment but its the fact they would never let it go. It was going to not be an issue in 2 minutes except they just never let it go.

The correct response to their criticism would be to buy 6 boots of various flavors.

I've had similar bad experiences with people who think they are the God of DotA and everything they say is infallible fact; there's no avoiding it with a game of this nature. Try to do the right thing by reporting them, shrugging it off and not letting it sour your opinion of the game and the people who play it.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By EXTomar

In general, especially when playing some "hard carry" heroes, each of the slots is basically worth 5k gold. Seeing someone with 2 of the same class item, even though you were getting stacking movement, is at best inefficient and at worst a waste of precious time and money.

Just reading your description without the match id, it sounds like the problem wasn't that you were not fast enough but that you needed to adjust tactics to be more defensive.

Iodine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yesterday I was in a GB 5stack, we got megacreeps, and then the game decided OH WHAT IF WE JUST BOOT EVERYONE AND FORGET THIS EXISTS.

I hate video games

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At least you didn't have a random asshole who was playing "Eye of the Tiger" on repeat over voice chat.

Missacre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Missacre

It's your own fault for playing a MOBA in the first place. Those games house the shittiest people on the internet.

squiDc00kiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akyho said:

Hallo Bombers and fellow Dota players. Like any game you play with other people E.G Multiplayer,

Wait, you play for Evil Geniuses?!

Horrible joke I know. Ok now to business.

1) I dont know who your 5th was but you said it wasnt a carry so you should have gone safe lane with rubick to get better farm.

2)Multiple boots is almost never a good idea. And in relatively low level (I played a few games with you a day or two ago. You killed us as Viper and then joined our team next game.) it's never a good idea. Especially if you can't get farm. Then you're just wasting the limited farm you have. The sell value does not excuse it.

3)Helm of the dominator is basically a core item on gyro. You can use the stolen creep to stack the ancients for you without the need for a teammate to do it. Also you can build it into a satanic later on.

All that being said however, you're team were all jerks. Yelling at a teammate does not help anything. I've played my fair share of games with people who didn't know what they were doing (not saying that's you, just for the example) and I do my best to help them out. Just saying "OMG U SUCK!" does nothing. However saying "Hey next time, just be a little more patient. If you can stay alive and just get a few levels, I'll come in for a gank soon." helps soooo much. Even if you are dying and generally playing poorly yelling is never excusable. We're all imperfect and can get worked up at times but that doesn't excuse half of the crap I've heard people say.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Sorry man but this honestly sounds like it was just as much your fault as it was your teammates. First you went offlane as the only carry and proceeded to get stomped. Then you purchased 2 separate sets of boots as some kind of stop gap method for easier farming (which is a bad general strategy but specifically your logic with the boots was particularly flawed). Also helm of the dominator is great item for Gyro because it allows you to stack the ancients yourself, gives you some lifesteal which makes actually killing the ancients much easier, and builds into a satanic which is a great late game item for him. I'm sure your team did some dumb stuff as well but you really should take responsibility for your own poor play and learn for your mistakes, as you definitely made some pretty basic ones.

lifejuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you bought two boots and rage quit. Then watched the replay of said match to see what they said about you and checked all of their stats to criticize them. Next you wrote 1000+ word post to justify your actions and slam your teammates. I feel like I'm being trolled.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@akyho: I wish people were more open minded of experimentation of new ideas in DOTA 2. I personally play with guys who like to mess around with their own builds and it stinks when we get teammates who are overly concerned with the "right way" to play. In your shoes I would not have gone 2 boots, but in theirs I would not have criticized you for it.

I'm sorry they were crappy to you, you didn't deserve that, but you were definitely wrong to quit like you did. Just mute them next time if that's bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.