Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Help wanted from experienced players...

KingRingtail85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey guys,

I have been observing Dota 2 from afar for years. I've had the game since beta and know the general terminology, I know the basic concepts, but I was always intimidated by what lied under the surface, and the notoriously brutal MOBA community. I am interested and ready to commit to learning the game while actively trying to avoid the stereotypical Dota d-bags.

Which is why I turn to you, my fellow Duders. I am looking for a regular Dota posse. A group of players willing to help coach someone like me. Ideally I would like to live stream our games via my twitch page and archive them on my youtube channel (not for any financial benefit, but purely for posterity).

The goals are (A) I want to be better at Dota and (B) I think we can help other players like me who are on the cusp of fully understanding it but may be intimidated for one reason or another. Call it an "Evolution of the Dota N00b" type thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Join the GiantBomb chat room in the Dota client. There's no password, it's always pretty well populated and I've found some super helpful people in there who are patient with newbies. If I'm about, I'll keep an eye out for you!

KingRingtail85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KingRingtail85

I'll be there. My Steam name is Johnny Longtorso. Thanks!

dusker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When you say you want to be better, do you mean that you want to increase your MMR? Or do you just want to be proficient in unranked matches?

The reason I'm asking is if you only play in ranked parties, your party MMR might increase, but it may or may not make you better at increasing your solo MMR. If you don't care at all about MMR (which might be the case, though focusing on increasing your MMR is a great way to become better at DOTA), then this is all pretty moot.

If you see me online at all, feel free to invite me to a party. And though I'm not amazing, I'd also do coaching if I have some free time. Though, after this week, I won't be around much.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.