Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Official DOTA 2 GiantBomb Tournament

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Weekend roundup

We had 3 interesting games this weekend. With Arcanist winning from Diving Rapier Milfs on Saturday, knocking DRM down into the losers bracket to face off against the winner of the game on Sunday. Later that night there was suppose to be The Brad Shoemakers against Ocelot, but ocelot had to forfeit letting The Shoemakers advance.

Sunday started of with a clash between Me He and That's a million Pucks, going to 3 games, with it finally going in Me He favor 2 against 1. Advancing Me he and eliminating The pucks from the tournament in a series of great games. The weekend ended with The starcrafters going 2 against nill vs Matilha. Eliminationg Matilha and putting the starcrafters against DRM.

It was a bunch of interesting games with 3 teams being knocked out of the race for the top spot, bringing us closer to the conclusion of out little tournament.

Keep an eye open for next week, With the Starcrafters vs Diving Rapier Milfs in the lower bracket semi finals and Me He vs The Brad Shoemakers in the higher bracket, deciding who will have to go up against the Mongolian Death Worm, who has been impatiently waiting for more after being knocked into the losers bracket by Gaf. With the conclusion if they will shrivel away or if they will push through the get another chance at Gaf The week after.

Anbokr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Anbokr

Looking forward to the Me He vs. mongolian death worm game. Hopefully we can finish the tournament before TI3 :).

woutr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anbokr: Hey give us some credit asshole, we're not counted out yet :p

Anbokr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yo sorry bro i forgot that Me He has to play you first. Wrongly assumed they'd be playing mongolian.

Avatar image for atomicvideohead
    Atomicvideohead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#205  Edited By Atomicvideohead

@woutr said:

@anbokr: Hey give us some credit asshole, we're not counted out yet :p

Yeah, it'll take at least 20 minutes for them to beat us in each match!

ellenPudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By ellenPudge

Stream is on now~

Me He vs Brad Shoemakers

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Loser's Bracket Semifinals matchup between Me He and The Brad Shoemakers is now over! Here's the VOD.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By CheapPoison

Grudge match?

Two more matches coming up Sunday the 28th!

We will have Me he going up against Mongolian Death Worm, the team that bumped them down to the winners bracket a few weeks earlier. Will we see Me He getting revenge or Mongolian Death Worm coming out on top again.

Come check it out at around 9 PM GMT+2 & 3 PM EDT!

In game or on stream. (will follow later)

As the the penultimate game of the lower bracket, where the Starcrafters will face of against Divine Rapier Milfs. Come and catch the game around 11:30 PM GMT+2 (Paris time) & 5:50 PM EDT!

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Front page has now been updated with all the information in Cheap's latest post, as well as the visual bracket for the lower one.

To clarify, these are the final games in both of our loser's bracket(s), each set will determine who advances to face off in the respective finals of our tournament. "Just Gotta Believe" and "Arcanist" are both waiting with baited breath to find out who it is that will challenge them for the crown.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game between "Me He" and "MMM" has been postponed by an hour. So it'll start at 3 PM EDT, 9 PM GMT + 2 (Paris Time), we apologize for the delay, fellas.

Anbokr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some good dota in the last couple sets, lookin forward to the grand finals against Me He. Ya'll surprised :).

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By CheapPoison

Weekly Body Count

After 2 interesting sets of games we are now one step closer to knowing who will take the prize.

In the higher bracket Me He won 2-0 against the Mongolian Death Worms, knocking them out of the tournament and putting themselves against Gaf in the finals that will most likely happen next weekend.

The lower bracket saw the Divine Rapier Milfs be knocked out in favour of The Starcrafters after 2 defeats. With this The Starcrafters will face of against Arcanist.
    Which with a bit of luck should also be next weekend so we can conclude both the tournaments and declare a winner.

Exact times will follow later in the week, so you can come and cheer on your favorite team.

Anbokr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any word on if the grand finals will be bo3 or bo5?

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By CheapPoison

@anbokr: We figured bo5 would be the best way to finish the tournament off. Seeing as Gaf will have 1 games advantage over Me He the finals could be over in 1 game. With Best of 5 there will at least be a minimum of 2 matches.
    Unless the teams/community is against it, but i think bo5 is teh best choice, beside the fact that it would take a ton of time.

Also at the moment we the finals for the higher bracket will be held at Friday the 2th at 9 PM EDT & 3 AM GMT+2. I will make another post in a few days to 100% confirm it and by then i will hopefully have an idea when the finals for the lower bracket will happen.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By CheapPoison

Update

There are some troubles setting up the finals. So for now i can say that the lower bracket one will be on Sunday somewhere between 4-8PM EDT.

The Higher bracket finals won't happen at 9 PM EDT this Friday. We might try and schedule it early or push it back.

There is also the option that one team suggested tagging out and handing the others the win, but my gut tells me that would make for a poor ending of the higher bracket.

We'll have news shortly.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crap.

Anbokr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Anbokr

That's too bad :(. Pretty confident that our team is very flexible if Me He needs another time. Was really hopin to wrap this up before TI3 :(.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By CheapPoison

@anbokr: Everyone had been good about being flexible and at this point i can't recall what we went over exactly anymore, but there is a reason we landed on Friday with Me He playing at 3AM in their local times.

So what now?

A tournament without a proper ending would suck and seeing that we don't want to screw anyone over and let everyone have the best experience possible, we have decided that because scheduling didn't seem to work out this weekend we will move the finals of the higher bracket to the week/weekend after the international. It does break up the pace we had going, but like this we won't have to mess around with competing with the international.

The finals of the lower bracket should still be on for this weekend and the tentative slot for that seems to be 6 PM EDT & 12 PM GMT+2. (not 100% confirmed by all members yet) So we still have that to look forward too. Info will be up as soon as we know for sure

Anbokr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Anbokr

Hmm, that really sucks, so there's no time at all that works this weekend?

procarbine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By procarbine

As a team we will literally play at any time, we don't need sleep. Would be awesome to get this done sooner rather than later.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Reminder

Don't forget, ladies and menfolk, the finals of our lower bracket are taking place tonight, at 6 PM EDT which translates to Midnight GMT + 2 (Paris Time). I've spoken to members of the staff and they've graciously agreed to set up a live-chat on the site, similair to what you've seen 'em do for the TI3 games. Our thanks go out to the folks at Giantbomb.

This'll be the last game we'll be conducting until the end of TI3, so be sure not to miss out. Both teams have performed really well, so far, with "Arcanist" remaining the undefeated champions of the lower bracket, yet you shouldn't count "The Starcrafters" out as they've come a long way over the course of this last month, growing ever more confident.

Commence your betting, folks, the odds are quite even.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are Winner!

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very proud to present to you, the winners of our lower bracket tournament. "Arcanist"! Give it up for them! They did not only remain unbeaten across the course of the tournament, they never even lost a single game, but continously trod their enemies into the dirt, all the while with a smile. Sixghost, their representative, spoke to me of their training and apparently they've achieved a good 70 wins in the month since the tournament started. Now, that's dedication. These fellas deserve their rewards in every way. Names and roles of their team members will follow on the front page in a couple of days.

Again, though, this is not the end of the tournament, we'll hopefully have our show-match, where "Arcanist" gets to face the Daily Dota gang, in the next week or two. After that, we have a couple of surprises up our sleeves to tide you over until the grand finals of the high bracket between "Just Gotta' Believe" and "Me He" take place, which will be the week following TI3.

Thanks everyone for participating.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Congrats Arcanist and sixghost, well played!

froggeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#224  Edited By froggeh

Congratulations, Arcanist, you, played, well.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By CheapPoison

The International Giant Bomb amateur hour

So after the Dota 2 overload that the past week has been with The International 3, we will be bringing back our little tournament. We regret not being able to finish it before TI3 hit, but we had no other choice so now we are back to bring you the last match of the tournament.

So after crowing Arcanist as the winners of the newbie bracket of the tournament. Just Gotta Believe and Me He will be fighting a best of 5 this Sunday to see who claims the first and second spot in the Higher bracket after Mongolians Death Worms grabbed the third spot after they lost to Me He. So come and find out how out little events end when these 2 teams will be pitted against eachother on Sunday the 18th at 9 PM GMT+2 or 3 PM EDT.

Come and cheer on your favorite on Sunday, with the hope that they win and that this set of games come close the epic finals we got treated to last weekend. As usual you could check ingame if you have one of the people that will be in it on your friendslist or you can hop over to Grant's stream over at http://www.twitch.tv/ajamafalousify.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it!

Maidenmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gonna be awesome!

ellenPudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should be great! Looking forward to it.

wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

gethype

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now or never

Aaalright, grand finals of out tournament, higher bracket, is now starting. Watch the exciting conclusion as "Me He" and "Just Gotta' Believe" square off in a Best of 5. Here's the link, may the best girlies win.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undefeated

And with this, our Giant Bomb community DOTA 2 tournament comes to an end (try saying that three times in a row), "Just Gotta' Believe" aka "GAF" have wrecked and butchered their way through the ranks of our other bombers, never losing a set of games, heck, not even losing a single game through out the course of our tournament. They are our uncontestest champions, and as such, will receive all the inherent rewards including a 3 month membership for each of their members as well as a show-match with the Daily DOTA crew.

"GAF" played very unconventional DOTA, using stratagems most would classify as pocket builds in each game, winning their games already in the drafting stage and backing that up by spectacular play, utilizing each hero to it's full effect. It was, however, their terrific sense of coordination that won them this tournament.

"Me He" comes in second place, a team of great potential that took everyone by surprise after a loss against "Mongolian Death Worms" early in the tournament. Despite being pushed into the loser's bracket, they made huge improvements to their play and managed to obtain a level of team-work that completely overwhelmed "Mongolian Death Worms" in their second game. In the end, they were the only team in the tournament to genuinely challenge "GAF". We're very excited to see what they'll do with a couple of months' worth of training.

Well, folks, that's it. Our tournament is over, the winners are announced. You'll see some more stats popping up on the main page in the coming days and hopefully a show-match or two featured in Daily DOTA. But for now, that's it. Myself and Cheap want to thank you all for your participation, the players, the casters and the folks watching, we couldn't have done it without you. On a last note, we have a little something up our sleeves to tide you folks over until our next major tournament, but for now, that'll remain a secret.

This has been Do The Manta Ray.

Until the next time we say goodbye.

Maidenmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks to all the duders that made this tournament possible, it's been great to watch and can't wait til the next one. NERF GAF!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Showmatch on Daily DOTA

Iiiiiiit's happening! Boys, and girlies; I'm very proud to announce that this thursday, on your weekly Daily DOTA stream. (Yeeaaaaah), we will have the genuine pleasure of seeing the winners of our high bracket finals, "Just Gotta' Believe" aka "GAF" squaring off against the Daily DOTA crew aka "Brad and the manyfold Matts"!

I can't come up with more exciting stuff to say, because that's really all there is to it, but "WHOOOO" nontheless!

Edit: Oh, and while you're bouncing around in your seat all excited like, check out my post-tournament write-up over here!

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Showmatch on Daily DOTA ... Eventually... Stay tuned!

The plans was that the showmatch was going to happen this Thursday on the daily dota. Pax however seemed to take quite a bit of preparation from the crew as one might expect, so as far as we know now it will be postponed to a later date.

Like some smart developers we won't promise a time yet so we don't have to change this up again, but keep watching this and we will keep you posted.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Showmatch on Daily DOTA tomorrow, actually, for real this time, no shit, yes!

Unbelievable as it might seem, unfathomable as it might strike you, incredible as it surely is, the show-match between the winners of our tournament, team "Just Gotta' Believe" aka "GAF", and our own DOTA all-stars, Brad & Co, will take place on Saturday at 3:30 PM PST (00:30 AM GMT +2) on a very special episode of Blossom, I mean, Daily DOTA.

With this, the final feature of our tournament will come to a close. I know that it has been a long road and thank you for your patience and support. Why, if you guys hadn't been so damn persistant in inquiring after this, I don't know if I'd ever been able to persuade the gang at GB. This one is for you, guys, cheers.

Editing the Edit: All above now true, changed the times.

Fuwano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Fuwano

Interested to see the ringer the GB team brings in. :D

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaaalright; the show-match is over and done with. The archive will go up on the site for all of you girlies to enjoy, both from the perspective of Brad & Co (aka D.3.A), as well as Grant and my own self, casting. I'd like to thank Hylian7 for joining us as statsman, doing damn fine work and keeping tabs on us all about.

In the meanwhile, here is the VOD as per Grant's twitch account, lower resolution and without Jeff's crazy pagan rituals, for you to enjoy.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thumbs up guys. Now that Jeff mentions it, why isn't there one ninja hero?

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By ajamafalous

@extomar said:

Probably because there wasn't a ninja unit in WC3, to be honest.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous said:

@extomar said:

I'd say Gondar (Bounty Hunter) is about as close to a ninja as you might expect. He's able to turn invisible, tosses a bloody shuriken, directs a single strong blow to the enemy, spies on the enemy using his track. He's a rat-ninja, through and through.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous said:

@extomar said:

I'd say Gondar (Bounty Hunter) is about as close to a ninja as you might expect. He's able to turn invisible, tosses a bloody shuriken, directs a single strong blow to the enemy, spies on the enemy using his track. He's a rat-ninja, through and through.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@do_the_manta_ray said:

@ajamafalous said:

@extomar said:

What about Templar Assassin? Except for actually being called a ninja, she's as much ninja as you can get. Invisibility, blades, psionic manipulations, face mask, she has it all.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@do_the_manta_ray said:

@ajamafalous said:

@extomar said:

What about Templar Assassin? Except for actually being called a ninja, she's as much ninja as you can get. Invisibility, blades, psionic manipulations, face mask, she has it all.

No Caption Provided

<---basically ninja.

Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr: Man, that made me laugh. I raise you a super-ninja.

No Caption Provided

Seriously, tournament is over; we need to shut this thread down. I will make a new thread for tips and comments on the next tournament, basically ask for what folks might like to see, etc. And ofcourse, will make another thread once the next tournament comes about. Heck, feel free to keep talking in here; all the important stuff can still be found one page 1.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.