Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

Please stop buying tranquil boot after 6.79

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

I don't know how many people actually read patch notes but I think it certainly broke a lot of games with the rework of tranquil boots. Even today I still get a bunch of carries, and heroes like Axe and Phantom Lancer still buying tranquil boots because it was in a guide pre-6.79. It no longer has active heal, it is a passive Regen over time that breaks even if YOU attack and don't get hit.

You also cannot disassemble them, so Ursa players please stop doing so to get Vlads.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This is why I wish they would have reset the ratings on all guides back to zero on patch day. Many of the guides that are top rated are outright broken, which defeats the purpose of having them there to begin with.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insanejedi: I get what you mean, but it is still a solid option to go into vlads with ursa if you want the movement speed, not to jungle with from the start but i don't like jungling with him regardless.

cheesebob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cheesebob

*unless you are a support

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

They can still be pretty nice on some jungler's considering it got a decent armor boost.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Godlike on dark seer with a soul ring. Laugh as you spam ion shell endlessly right from the get-go.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

That's the power of guides that don't get updated when patches hit

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@ajamafalous: Speaking of which, do we think Brad has a basic ability to tell if a guide is wildly out of date or not? I feel like he still blindly picks one and just goes with it, but I don't know what I'm talking about.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ajamafalous: Speaking of which, do we think Brad has a basic ability to tell if a guide is wildly out of date or not? I feel like he still blindly picks one and just goes with it, but I don't know what I'm talking about.

Some of the guides have text in the title that says "6.79", so you can more easily see which guides are updated or not... but this isn't always the case. Alternatively, you can rely on this list of guides that have all been updated: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=399870&currentpage=31#603

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By UlquioKani
    Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Yeah, Tranquils are just a roaming support boot now. They're damn good on roaming supports though.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

I actually think Tranquils are still pretty good for lone druid. AdmiralBulldog does this thing where he will select the bear and just last hit with the bear while he gets healed up tranquil boots. So pretty good for him in my opinion

Imst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@insanejedi: Ow, thanks for the information...Im haven't used Tranquil boots since then..But i build my PL with those boots...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.