Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dota 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jul 09, 2013

The official free-to-play sequel to the Warcraft III custom scenario that originally popularized the Multiplayer Online Battle Arena sub-genre.

So is there a Giantbomb team or something?

• 54 results
    Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mister_V

I have joined the chat channel in game but there doesn't seem to be much chatting going on. So where do you guys all hang out? Is there a mumble or something I'm missing? Does the GB DOTA 2 contingent ever get together and play? Or are you all solitary creatures playing pub games? Has anyone ever thought about setting up a DOTA 2 evening or something because I could use a change from playing against mute Russians.

EDIT:

Add you names to this list guys so we can find each other in game Spreedsheet

XantaKlawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By XantaKlawz

No. But I've tried to float that idea in previous threads. So, lets try it again.

that's a great idea. I'm totally down with that. Just need 3 more people and we can field a team against bots or pubbies (or 8 more and we can do 5x5 matches). I'm staring at unemployment coming Jan 2 so my schedule is very flexible, any weekday evenings or weekend afternoons. Anyone else interested? We need noobs willing to learn and experienced players willing to share their wisdom.

xdaknightx69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xdaknightx69

sounds like a good idea. i'm up for it, would love to play with duders and learn. been playing alot of greeviling recently if anyone wants to party up for that would be great. if any other noobs like me want to play some bot games and learn/experiment add me on steam Id : Dark Monish.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mister_V

@xdaknightx69: Cool, I have added you on steam.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rattle618
    @Mister_V
    @XantaKlawz
    @xdaknightx69
    Please add me to your rad awesome team, I suck but I want to play with human beings! 
    EDIT: SteamID is the same as here: Rattle618
    FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By FirePrince

I've played a good amount of Dota, and I'm willing to help anybody, really. I am up for 5 man teams, against bots, humans, other players etc.

I don't know how much I'll be able to participate, but I think I might as well give it a shot.

SteamID:fireprince96

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mister_V

@Rattle618: @FirePrince: Added you both

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FirePrince
    FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FlipperDesert

Count me in! I've got about 30 hours experience but haven't played a pub game yet, only easy/medium bots.

Steam ID is FlipperDesert

Edit: I'm a student, so I tend to have a pretty open schedule outside of assignments. I've not been on as much in the last few days because I brought like, all the Steam games on sale. All of them.

Ataribomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ataribomb

I'm pretty new to the game, but I'd be all for teaming up with other duders. My availability is kind of unpredictable but I should be able to do some team games every now and again.

Steam ID: Fake Charlemagne

XantaKlawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By XantaKlawz

Looks like there is strong interest with 7 people. So what day/time would work for most people?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mister_V

@XantaKlawz: Well im in the UK so most nights 7pm-10pm is good for me.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Th3irdEye

Well, I figured we should organize a little so I made a quick speadsheet that people can add their info to. I added mine already. Hopefully this will make it easier to get a group going. I'm pretty new to Dota 2, so I'm hoping we have some skilled people get involved so they can help us noobs learn. We can also probably use the GB PC gaming hub mumble for Dota night. I don't think the guys that run it would have a problem with that.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mister_V

Guys I also forgot to mention there is a giantbomb chat channel.

XantaKlawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By XantaKlawz

I'm partial to an evening timeslot, but I have a lot of flexibility. The challenge is mixing the US and EU schedule.

Here's a quick one-off idea. Jan 1 is a holiday. I'm assuming its international holiday. We can do a game Jan 1 afternoon which should sync with our EU members (primetime their time) and if things go well more of our US based players will join as the afternoon goes. I'm thinking we start in the afternoon and play until people leave. We did something similar on a Sunday with another gaming group, starting at 4 and got 4 solid hours of gaming before they kicked me out for sucking too much.

Thoughts? Anyone available?

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mister_V

@XantaKlawz: Yeah ill be around tomorrow, lets see how it goes.

XantaKlawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By XantaKlawz

I can't edit the doc, but I like the idea. My GB and Steam ID are the same. I'm partial to evenings, east coast time. I've got a 100 hours of gaming, but still a padawan. I mostly play support (Lina, Crystal Maiden, Venom, Lich).

- I think I added everyone to my Steam Friends list.

There is a Giantbomb chat. I'm usually logged in there when I'm online in Dota2. That chat channel is mostly dead and I honestly ignore it most of the time. There seems to be more action in this forum than in the chat channel. I'm guess that most folks will prefer an evening period because of work/school. The trick is what days won't work.

The other idea is gaming on the weekend during the afternoon. Easier time to link up with overseas contingent of the Giantbomb community. Of course, one idea does not preclude the other. We can do multiple days if the interest is there.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Acura_Max

I'll join. Although I have to warn you that I'm complete noob in every sense in the word. Currently, I'm practicing by myself in bot matches and have not actually played with someone before.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mister_V

@Acura_Max: Believe me. You cannot be worse than some of the people i have played with in PVP matches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e851fc84effd
    deactivated-5e851fc84effd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just getting into the game with a friend of mine. Would love to have a few other people to play with even if it's just bot matches. My Steam account is here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/C_B_M/

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Acura_Max

@Mister_V: I forgot to add this part. My steam Id is Acura_Max like my GB account.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Th3irdEye

@XantaKlawz: Sorry, forgot to flip the "anyone can edit" switch. It should be good now if anyone wants to use it. It doesn't seem like we have a huge number of people anyway so maybe it was a waste.

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cronus42

I'm throwing my name into the spreadsheet, might bump this tomorrow if it doesn't get any attention due to the hour.

I'd definitely be willing to try and get some for fun team stuff together. I'm by no means a pro in execution, but I know a disturbing amount theory wise. Playing the game for almost a decade will do that to you I guess...

Anyway, if this team thing doesn't kick off a ton, I'm always at least in the GB chat when I'm playing, feel free to shoot me a question or invite. Name is either Cronus or Batman in game. If I'm not rolling with my buddies I'll play a game or two for sure.

McGrittles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McGrittles

I'm down dibs on YOLOmid Slardar

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Rattle618
    @XantaKlawz said:

@Th3irdEye I can't edit the doc, but I like the idea. My GB and Steam ID are the same. I'm partial to evenings, east coast time. I've got a 100 hours of gaming, but still a padawan. I mostly play support (Lina, Crystal Maiden, Venom, Lich).

@Ataribomb@FlipperDesert@FirePrince@Rattle618@Mister_V@xdaknightx69 - I think I added everyone to my Steam Friends list.

There is a Giantbomb chat. I'm usually logged in there when I'm online in Dota2. That chat channel is mostly dead and I honestly ignore it most of the time. There seems to be more action in this forum than in the chat channel. I'm guess that most folks will prefer an evening period because of work/school. The trick is what days won't work.

The other idea is gaming on the weekend during the afternoon. Easier time to link up with overseas contingent of the Giantbomb community. Of course, one idea does not preclude the other. We can do multiple days if the interest is there.

Ok so lets get this thing started then! 
    How about we set up a day/time and see were it goes from there? Ive been adding dudes to steam and playing a little with some of them. 
    I would suggest that since the Steam Group exist we should take advantage of it and use it´s chat, since there seems to be quite a few of us here interested in playing together, so Ill start by joining the chat and paying attention to it. I will also leave a message on it.
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By TobbRobb

You guys are arranging a GB Dota playdate today? I'd like to join that!

I'm very experienced in the genre and metagame, but only have a hundred or so dota games down, so I don't know the heroes and specific dota tricks too well. So put me down as mediocre. ^^

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By cronus42

@McGrittles: Actually never seen slardar mid, works in theory. Might give it a shot today.

Back on topic, being on winter break means I'm on and off the game basically all day. If something gets organized I'll try and be around.

FirePrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FirePrince

There seems to be a lot of people involved here - custom 5v5's are in order?

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Th3irdEye

So, since I'm impatient and can't be bothered to plan too far in advance, what if I said we got in the GB Mumble (server: mumble.giantbombing.com / port:64738), which just so happens to have a convenient Dota 2 channel, at this time and just played some Dota?

XantaKlawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By XantaKlawz

@Th3irdEye: I should be around at 10PM this evening. We can play some Dota. Don't know who else will be around. Never used Mumble before, but I'm always game for something new.

et al, it was good playing with ya'll this afternoon.

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Heylook

hey guys, I've been pretty hard into dota2 for the past few months. Hit my up if you ever want to game (SteamID: emit204) LvL 17 or so with 107 wins.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rattle618
    @Th3irdEye@XantaKlawz: I´ll stick around so we can play then, Im opening the mumble server now.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

If you see me in the Giant Bomb chat room and you need another player let me know.

P00zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By P00zombie

I'm still fairly new, but same thing as the post above me or add me. I'd be stoked to roll around with some bombers.

Steam ID: poozombie.

Huey2k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Huey2k2

I would be interested in learning with some fellow duders. MOBA's have always been really intriguing to me, but I have never been able to get past the assholes in the community to actually learn. They all expect you to be some kind of God the second you start playing a match with them. It is super intimidating to anyone who is trying to learn.

P00zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By P00zombie
    @Huey2k2 I'm still starting out. Dabbled in LoL and I don't think I'm an asshole (I'm not. Right? Ok. I'm sure I'm not) Feel free to add me on Steam.
    Nephrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Nephrahim

Ah, are we getting something together?

I played DOTA on Warcraft, tried LoL but I didn't like the way they held characters.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#38  Edited By FlipperDesert

Added a bunch of people on this thread as they put their names down. Again, even if we're not doing an organised thing if I'm playing Dota I normally really appreciate a few people to play with. :) So give me a shout!

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By scarace360

Hold on are we having a dota 2 play date or something? Also would be cool if we had a GB house league.

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Th3irdEye

Just to let everyone know, a couple of us have been playing together the past few nights. We've managed to field a four man team so far but it would be cool to get some custom games going with more people. Seems to get kicked off at around 10PM eastern (US), although it could be a little earlier or later. Current plans are to continue the trend for the time being (winter break means a lot of free time). We hang out in the Giant Bomb mumble server (again, Server: mumble.giantbombing.com / port: 64738) in the Dota 2 channel. So, just hop on the mumble and see if we are there. I know I will be unless, I dunno, dire circumstances prevent me from doing so.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tunaburn

add me on steam

tunaburn steam id

lots and lots of games played. i love dota 2

Hungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Hungry

I added my information to the spreadsheet.

TOILET EDIT: Maybe we should make a Giant Bomb Dota 2 Steam group or something? Then we could coordinate in the group chat and send out role call announcements and other fancy stuff like that.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@Hungry said:

I added my information to the spreadsheet.

TOILET EDIT: Maybe we should make a Giant Bomb Dota 2 Steam group or something? Then we could coordinate in the group chat and send out role call announcements and other fancy stuff like that.

SHAZAM

Also added my info to the spreadsheet. Desperately trying to find some regulars to play with. Don't care how experienced you are. Shoutout to Alyssa and that other duder I somehow ended up in a game with lol. Weird, but still awesome.

Driam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Driam

A chance to show off my crummy english to strangers? Sign me the fuck up! Added my information to the sheet and signed up for the group. Let's see if this thing goes anywhere.

XantaKlawz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By XantaKlawz

@Hungry: There is a Steam Giantbomb Dota2 group. (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GBDota2). Steam does a lousy job of making these stuff easily find-able, but it does exist.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Mister_V: You should add the spread sheet into the first post of this topic.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mister_V

@Mr_Skeleton: Done

Th3irdEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Th3irdEye

Is there any way that more people could get access to scheduling events on that steam group? Whoever is in charge seems to be inactive in that regard.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Th3irdEye: You need to talk to

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CheapPoison

@Th3irdEye:

I have been! I'll try and get on that. I scheduled something for later tonight, I don't know if many people will show up since it is on short notice.

I have also put out an announcement out in the steam group to ask what people would want out of events and what time would generally be favorable.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.