A responsible and slightly intimidating man, Doug is usually Ann/Ran's father (except in "Magical Melody"). He has a hard-working spirit and dedicated to his professions 24/7. In all of his appearances, his wife is deceased and he worries over his daughter's love life, being insecure that she did not have a motherly figure growing up.
- Harvest Moon 64 - Owner of the ranch in Flowerbud Village, Doug will give the protagonist their first horse. He takes his role seriously, being involved in all the animal-related festivals and in one side story, is the middleman between a cattle sale. Being gruff, he addresses the main character in a lecturing manner but is generally supportive of their endeavors. He worries that his daughter is too blunt and his son is too stand-offish to find marriage partners and laments that without their late mother, he did not raise them properly. After his children get married, his dialogue expresses more relief and joy.
- Harvest Moon: Back to Nature - Doug is the owner of the Mineral Town Inn and is open on most days of the year. He is friendlier in this game and keen to inquire anyone about their romantic interest in his daughter, much to her chagrin. On the anniversary of his wife's death in the Fall, the protagonist will be able to find him on the summit of the mountain, reminiscing.
- Harvest Moon: Friends/More Friends of Mineral Town - Same role as "Back to Nature."
- Harvest Moon: Magical Melody - The only game in which he is not Ann's father. He still runs the town inn and serves food.
- Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town - Same role as "Friends/More Friends of Mineral Town."