Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

$5 Amazon

cornwalliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By cornwalliz

To anyone who cares, the game is at $5 on amazon, PC Download, regular edition. Just bought it with a gift card I had on my account.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By AndrewB

I'm going to put my support behind this game and say it's worth it for $5.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Rip-off.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

5$ is fine for DA2 the only problem with it is the repetitive dungeons, I dont see why it gets so much hate.

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Joker369

I will give you $100 for you to never play that game.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dagbiker

@Joker369 said:

No you wont.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By beforet

DAII wasn't terrible; I'd say $5 is a good deal.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kingzetta

DA2 is pretty great get it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

DA2 is pretty good.  It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Sooty

@Brodehouse said:

DA2 is pretty good. It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

It's a great video game if you like lots of repetition and doing the same thing over and over again. I think the same people that like DAII must have loved the first Assassin's Creed.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By BrockNRolla

@Sooty said:

@Brodehouse said:

DA2 is pretty good. It has problems but people pretending like it's not a good video game need to get some perspective.

It's a great video game if you like lots of repetition and doing the same thing over and over again. I think the same people that like DAII must have loved the first Assassin's Creed.

DA 2 is a bad game. That's my perspective.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kingzetta
    @Sooty said:

@Brodehouse said:

Skyrim makes you do the same thing over and over again, and that game is good.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#13  Edited By ArbitraryWater

$5 is an... acceptable price for Dragon Age II I'll say. At that point, if you don't like it you're only out $5, as opposed to the $60 that some other people paid. Honestly, I still like it in almost a guilty pleasure-like fashion. Yes, it's obviously a massive step down from Origins, but there are still aspects of it that I like, such as the combat or the characters. The main plot starts middling and ends in a way that can lightly be called a trainwreck though, and the repetition does start to wear one down after a while.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Or you could get a month of Whiskey Media Premium....

Wraith1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wraith1

I still haven't opened my copy, it's just sitting there next to my sealed copy of Final Fantasy 13

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By napalm
    @Joker369 said:
    I laughed out loud at this. 

I actually bought it, and am interested to get into it. I just realized this unnecessarily flies in the face of your post.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WinterSnowblind

It's worth playing for $5, it's definitely not as bad as some people make out.

Not that it was particularly good, I'd still consider it a huge disappointment.. but if it weren't for Bioware's name being attached to it, there's no way it would get this much hate.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Hector

Damn, no Mac discount!

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kingzetta

The people that make DA2 out to be worst game ever are hilarious. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mordukai

@Joker369 said:

LMAO! How bizarre that you said that. I said the same thing to a gamestop employee. I was picking up Batman: Arkham City and he said if I want to put $5 on MW3 and I told him that I'll give him a $100 to never say that to me again, ever.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kingzetta
    @Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

LMAO! How bizarre that you said that. I said the same thing to a gamestop employee. I was picking up Batman: Arkham City and he said if I want to put $5 on MW3 and I told him that I'll give him a $100 to never say that to me again, ever.

You take things too serious, my friend.  You could have just said "no."  He most likely does not even care about video games, he was just doing his job.
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RE_Player1

I thought it was worth $20 when I picked it up for PS3. $5 is a steal. Is it as good as Origins? Absolutely not. Is it the worst game ever made? Nope. I can see why people would be disappointed buying this as a $60 retail product but for that price it's fine.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mordukai

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

You take things too serious, my friend. You could have just said "no." He most likely does not even care about video game, he was just doing his job.

Ahem...You take things too seriously because the guy had a good laugh about it.

Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Crocio

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Or you could get a month of Whiskey Media Premium....
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kingzetta
    @Mordukai said:

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

You take things too serious, my friend. You could have just said "no." He most likely does not even care about video game, he was just doing his job.

yeah but you weren't joking. Yes you were joking in the fact that you never going to give him the $100, but you meant the sentiment.
    baconbits33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By baconbits33

@Sooty said:

@Brodehouse said:

You just described GTA, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Fallout, and every other RPG out there.

I loved the first Assassin's Creed, it defined the genre, but I loved it for the story it told, same reason why I loved the whole series, could really care less all that much about side missions. Sure DAII didn't live up to DAO but it still was a pretty damn good game.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, I wouldn't be satisfied with the game if I bought it for 5 dollars. I wouldn't actively be angry that I bought it like I am about buying it for 50 or 60 or whatever, but I didn't enjoy one second of the ten hours I played before I couldn't take any more.

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By sopranosfan

@msavo said:

I thought it was worth $20 when I picked it up for PS3. $5 is a steal. Is it as good as Origins? Absolutely not. Is it the worst game ever made? Nope. I can see why people would be disappointed buying this as a $60 retail product but for that price it's fine.

Replace PS3 with Xbox 360 and this is exactly what I would say. I think Dragon Age 2 is the most over hated game ever. Yes the dungeons are quite similar and the story isn't as good as Origins but I enjoyed playing the game.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By dagas

I got it from Origin at 50% off so €10. I've been messing around with some cool mods. You know how in the opening scene Bethany's breasts are "enhanced" by Varric and then return to normal after that. Well now they don't have to return to normal. Too bad there aren't more game altering mods like there are for DA:O, because of the lack of any mod tools most mods are just superficial like that. But hey if you want better looking Aveline and you are a racist and need Isabella to be blue eyed, blonde and white skinned instead of her exotic look mods have you covered ^^

There are some gameplay altering mods though. I really like the one that halves the cooldown on heal. I never understood why they increased the cooldown of heal so much from DA:O to DA2. Faster run speed is also nice to get around faster.

Also it looks better than on 360 (I'm playing with everything at maximum at DX11 and the high res texture pack) although the difference isn't as huge as it was when I played DA:O on PC compared to 360 since DA2 looks alright on consoles already unlike DA:O which looks like an XBOX1 game on consoles.

I now have ME1 and 2 and DA1 and 2 on both 360 and PC...I feel a bit silly, but at least DA:O can be a completely different game on PC. The Quests&Legends mod adds something like 100 new dungeons to the game among other things. I wish there was something like that for DA2...

Also there is a mod that adds great looking hardwood floors to your house just because, they look rather nice, not that I thought the problem with DA2 had anything to do with the floors looking too cheap, but now they look very expensive.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By Justin258

@Joker369 said:

Deal!

I've never played it and can live without.

omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By omghisam

Biggest day one purchase regret.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dagas

@kingzetta said:

@dagas: a moth before FA2 came out the giantbomb boards were on fire with people super pissed about big boobs in dragon age. that was ridiculous.

Yeah those were pretty funny. "OMG MY MOM IN DA2 HAS TITS!" and such.

I forgot to mention the most important mod of them all. The mod that lets you change gear in your party members just like you can change your own gear. That was one of the things that many players complained about not being able to do.

Along with the better junk mod (no that kind of junk I mean the junk items you pick up) means you have to care about looting. Before they paid so little that even full of junk you got a few pieces of silver at most. And you need more money when you need to equip your entire party.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mordukai

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@kingzetta said:

@Mordukai said:

@Joker369 said:

yeah but you weren't joking. Yes you were joking in the fact that you never going to give him the $100, but you meant the sentiment.

Why hello me, how are you doing? Do you often make assumption about situations you had no involvement in. Usually I would not explain myself but in your case I think I need to just so you can leave me the fuck alone. I made the comment/joke with a smile on my face and the clerk, who's a guy I know quite well, smiled back and we both laughed. Now please, and note how polite I am, LET IT GO!

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Stete

Ye, go for it. Even though its a pathetic excuse for a successor to Dragon Age Origins, its still a good game.

Lets put it this way, Dragon Age Origins is like Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 is like Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 1 is still a good game even though Mass Effect 2 is superior in every way possible. Understandably people were upset when Dragon Age 2 came out because the bare minimum you expect from a sequel is to match the brilliance of the first game if not surpass it, and not only Dragon Age Origins set the bar pretty damn high, Dragon Age 2 took a lot of steps backwards which made the game feel in many ways some sort of pre-alpha version of its predecessor. But despite all this, I would definitely not call it a bad game, I still poured in 50 hours into it and for me that's good value for a full priced title, let alone a $5 one.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BRich

@Stete: Mass Effect 1 is far superior in story and is probably my favorite 360 game. So maybe Dragon Age 2 is worth playing?

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By sungahymn

Appropriate.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By Vorbis

$5 is not a bad price for anything, but don't think about it like that. Just remember it will also cost you 40-50 hours of your life and you will never get them back, I know I won't.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#38  Edited By galiant

I got it for full price when it came out, totally worth it.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I wouldn't buy it for more than 2$

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MezZa

I would be happier if it was origins that was on sale for $5.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

People hate this game just because it's an easy target. It's far better than most RPG's that came out in the last few years and I didn't feel cheated when I bought it for 60$ so I would say 5$ is a real great deal.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#42  Edited By Hailinel

Nope. For me, not even at that price.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.