Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Dragon Age 2 Demo, what are you playing the Demo on?

• 120 results
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#101  Edited By Tennmuerti

Oh shit it;s out today?
    Completely forgot.
    Downloading now.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#102  Edited By spazmaster666

Mainly for the PC though I will take a gander at the 360 version as well just for comparison's sake. I didn't mind how the combat was for DA:O on the 360 so that doesn't really concern me too much.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#103  Edited By damswedon

Did anyone who has only played the games on the consoles find that the faster combat meant they paused and issued attacks more? 
    In Dragon Age 1 I used the Tactics system as the core of my battles and I would only take over when I really needed to (the odd aoe magic attack and maybe a shot from Leliana). In the Chantry part of the demo I found myself pausing way more than usual to chain attacks together.    

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By Cirdain
    @PhatSeeJay said:
    " @Cirdain said:

" TOTAL WAR SHOUGUN 2  DEMO ON STEAM!!!!!!  woot :) "

"Steam server is currently too busy"  Gnaaah!! It's obviously impossible to get a demo today! :P "
    TWS2 80 kb/s and DA2 135 kb/s
    unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By unchained

Wow!!!!! Just finished the demo on PC and 360. PC is my personal preference. If you don't have a PC spec'd enough to run the game well, no worries. The console version is equally awesome.  

I played as both a warrior (what my first playthrough will be) and a rogue. Dual wield Rogue has a very strong Spartacus: Blood and Sand vibe to it. Warrior (2h) feels very fun as well and is my personal preference.  The PC version is very similar, albeit more fast-paced, to Dragon Age: Origins.  

Man, this game is going to be incredible.  The next two weeks are going to go by slowly, methinks. Thankfully, there are a ton of new games out today to keep me occupied. 

allenibrahim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By allenibrahim

Would love to play both DA2 and Origins on PC, but my PC is bollocks. So PS3 version. As soon as PSN FUCKING UPDATES.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#107  Edited By demonbear
    Just finished the demo on PC, I liked it alot. It fixes 3 things I didnt liked about DA:O
    1. The visuals are MUCH better.
    2. The flow of the story is much more agressive, from what I can tell.
    3. The interface is more intuitive, more fluid.

Bu the combat feels very consolish. I'm gonna download it on ps3 and see the difference. One thing is for sure : I thought I could wait until the inevitable DA2 Ultimate edition in a year or so. Now, I don't think I can....
    PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#108  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Finished the demo now as well. Having played both PC and 360 versions I've reached these conclusions:

1. I'm buying Dragon Age 2
    2. I'm buying it on PC
    3. The combat feels a lot more intense and flows better
    4. PC feels more different than I expected when comparing the two versions
    5. Rogue was fucking ace
    6. Warrior not so much
    7. Female Hawke is one badass bitch (bloodline to female Shepard?)
    Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#109  Edited By Chris2KLee

On a sidenote, the current total DLs are at over 200K, so getting to a million for the free item shouldn't be a problem.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#110  Edited By Malakhii

Getting the PC demo now. I've been worried about this game, probably because I loved the first one so much. Hopefully this eases my fears. 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Finally managed to get the PC demo to download.  Combat definitely feels better on the PC, though simply adding an auto attack button to the console version would probably help a great deal.  The two weren't as different as I suspected. 

REALLY love how the mages play in this one, probably the first game I've ever played that really made mage's feel cool.  If you're holding a staff, why not use it to smash people over the head with it!  Will probably go with the female Hawke as well.  She doesn't sound the way I expected, but I liked it.  Will probably try playing as the rogue tomorrow at some point.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#112  Edited By JudgeDread

will try on both PC and PS3. But probably buy it on the PC since I want a PC RPG. If it is not a PC RPG I will not buy it at all, and I fear this is what will happen.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#113  Edited By Wuddel

Played it on 360.

Glad I pre-ordered for PC.

Terrible controls. Unsteady framerate.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#114  Edited By FritzDude

300.000 downloads soon. It seems they will hit the "OnE Mirriioon Troops" quite fast.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#115  Edited By phrosnite
    @damswedon said:

" Did anyone who has only played the games on the consoles find that the faster combat meant they paused and issued attacks more? In Dragon Age 1 I used the Tactics system as the core of my battles and I would only take over when I really needed to (the odd aoe magic attack and maybe a shot from Leliana). In the Chantry part of the demo I found myself pausing way more than usual to chain attacks together.     "

I played it on PC and I wanted to pause often but since it was too easy I didn't. But I get what you mean. I feel the same way. Now that the combat is so fast we will have to do more micro managing which is awesome if you ask me :) I will play the game on hardcore though... normal is the new easy.

@PhatSeeJay said:

" Finished the demo now as well. Having played both PC and 360 versions I've reached these conclusions:

1. Warrior not so much
    "
     I disagree. Two-handed warrior is a BEAST!
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#116  Edited By LiquidPrince

The console it needs to be played on. The PS3.

bryGPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By bryGPO

Finally got to install it and play on the PC, spells and abilities feel like they pack more punch than Origins because of the animation and camera shake. I was disappointed to see the Mass Effect wheel because it made the conversations feel more dialogue tree-like where in the first game it seemed to flow better. Maybe that's just my imagination though. Everything looks better though especially the character menus. Can't wait until the 8th!

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@JoeyRavn said:
    " PC. I don't think I'll even bother with 360, having the chance to play it on PC. "
    This. Don't know why people would bother playing it on consoles (if they have the option to play it on PC)
    JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119  Edited By JudgeDread

Played it on PS3, have not played on PC yet. And I am afraid to. 
    Playing on PS3 was like having my heart ripped out and shown to me while I was still alive.
    Buttonmashing piece of shit game. They have turned it into a repetetive  hack and slash with rpg elements. And the voice acting was mediocre as well.
    And what happened to the wonderful dialogue sessions between the party characters?! Have they removed it?

Avatar image for crazymexicancarpi
    crazymexicancarpi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played it on both. And I am getting it on the PC for sure, still plays like the original. 
    On the 360, I think I could compare it mostly to Lord of the Rings: Conquest. 

Dan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Dan64

I despise the 'action wheel' they use in console versions of Mass Effect and Dragon Age, so I opted for PC. Plus, THE GRAPHIX R BETTER DOHOHOHOHO

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.