Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Dragon Age II Legacy DLC, any good?

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By blackblade500

I was thinking on buying the DLC, but I wanted to see what other people thought about it, before I bought it. So have any of yall played it, and was it bad or good, or maybe it was in between, just looking for thoughts here

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I am also considering it or as an excuse for a second run through the game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

This review says it's apparently no'sa bad. Notable praises such as addressing some actual environmental variety, and an intriguing story definitely places it in a humid light. I still really enjoyed the combat in DA2, and the juicy gossip surrounding the Wardens and the Hawke family has me intrigued at the very least. Non the less, it's only around 2 hours according to the review and even if the story is interesting, it's still only 2 hours worth... and then you're again left with that abysmal cliff-hanger shit in the standard DA2.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By babblinmule

I played it this evening. Story was pretty good, some pretty interesting dialogue and choices, varied environments (never thought id see that as a big plus in a game), and a good 4 hours of playtime if you do all the side quests (i guess 2-3 if you blast through it). As far as DLC goes, id say that its worth the money.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By FLStyle

@babblinmule: Are there any significant choices you have to make that would theorically cross over to Dragon Age III?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rjayb89

Oh, it's out already. Forgot about it. I can hold off for... a few months.

Maybe I'll review it, more likely not.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By babblinmule
    @FLStyle: I.... doubt it. I get the feeling that itll be treated like the Wardens Keep DLC in DA1, where there is a passing reference to the choice you made in the sequel. The decision branches were cool at the time, but I cant see them having much impact on the world as a whole (although Ive only gone through it once, so maybe the other choices could have a bigger impact on the world.)
    akeripper4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By akeripper4

@FLStyle: there might be one.....but most likely no

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FLStyle

@babblinmule: @akeripper4: Thanks duders, probably won't bother with this then. I just want Origins and my Warden back.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By FritzDude

@Abyssfull said:

This review says it's apparently no'sa bad. Notable praises such as addressing some actual environmental variety, and an intriguing story definitely places it in a humid light. I still really enjoyed the combat in DA2, and the juicy gossip surrounding the Wardens and the Hawke family has me intrigued at the very least. Non the less, it's only around 2 hours according to the review and even if the story is interesting, it's still only 2 hours worth... and then you're again left with that abysmal cliff-hanger shit in the standard DA2.

For some reason your link gives me a high virus warning and automatically blocks me from the website. There's apprantly a blackhole in it or something.

Link is working now so i'm not sure what's up. Seems like it just re-directed me or something the minute you posted it.

QKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By QKT

damn the PSN EU store is terarded and cant release things at the same time as the US store. 
    i'd like to know how this fits in the main story.

blackblade500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By blackblade500

After much thought, I think I am going to pass on it as of right now, maybe in a couple of months I will pick it up on sale or something

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By MEATBALL

It seems pretty good from what I've played so far, I really appreciate the fact that your party actually does some talking during the DLC. I loved Dragon Age II and I was totally down for more Dragon Age II, though.

JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JoeyIA

@FritzDude said:

@Abyssfull said:

For some reason your link gives me a high virus warning and automatically blocks me from the website. There's apprantly a blackhole in it or something. Link is working now so i'm not sure what's up. Seems like it just re-directed me or something the minute you posted it.

Same here; Norton is blocking some of the content and giving me a warning.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cataphract1014

Can we get rid of the stupid fucking points shit to buy stuff please?  Just say its 9.99 and charge that.  Don't make me add points and then be able to buy it, god damnit!

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By SuperWristBands

I played it earlier tonight and thought it was actually pretty good. The environments were better and the combat seemed less "wavy-y". Also, the armour that you get in it for female warriors looks quite nice, I must say.

@Cataphract1014 said:

Can we get rid of the stupid fucking points shit to buy stuff please? Just say its 9.99 and charge that. Don't make me add points and then be able to buy it, god damnit!

I can't even add 800 points (can you? wondering if it's an area thing). It's either 500/1000/2000. Which is shitty because I now have 400-ish points left after buying Legacy and the Arrival DLC for Mass Effect 2.

Cataphract1014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cataphract1014
    @Sasran: I just did, but I'm on PC.  I know Xbox in the US used to be in 500 point increments though.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#18  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I literally know nothing about this DLC. Is it actual postgame content, or is it just something I could conceivably do during the main story if I ever, ever, ever wanted to replay Dragon Age II? Does it end with a FMV of Dr. Ray and Dr. Greg saying they're sorry and they'll never make one of their games on an 18 month cycle again? Sorry to sound so totally jaded, but it's the combination of Dragon Age II having some serious problems and Bioware's track record for DLC really not being all that good, with only a few exceptions.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By babblinmule
    @MEATBALL said:

It seems pretty good from what I've played so far, I really appreciate the fact that your party actually does some talking during the DLC. I loved Dragon Age II and I was totally down for more Dragon Age II, though.

Actually yeah I forgot to mention that - some of the party banter is fantastic in the DLC. Genuinely laughed out loud at some of the one liners the party came out with.
    SilverBulletKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SilverBulletKY

Is this after the events of DA2 or during?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Yummylee
    @SilverBulletKY:  
    During.
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I thought it was a great DLC. I'm not going to go into too much detail here as I just finished writing a review of it, so read that if your interested.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#23  Edited By KowalskiManDown

It's surprisingly good! Better than the majority of the DAO DLC for sure.

IIGrayFoxII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By IIGrayFoxII

The hard facts: 

-New armor set (Warden armor) 
    -New customizable weapon based on your class 
    -About 2-4 hours 
    -Interesting story, great party banter. 
    -New enviroments, new enemies, dungeon puzzles. 

Bottom line is if your craving more DA2, it will satisfy you. You can play it during or after the main game. It addresses a lot of issues people had with DA2.
    project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By project343

I would just save it for when they release the "Dragon Age 2 - Ultimate Edition." The first game's ultimate edition was an absolutely fantastic deal, and by that point you'll probably want to go back into the world of Dragon Age.

SilverBulletKY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SilverBulletKY

Great DLC

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mike76x
    @IIGrayFoxII said:
    The hard facts:  -New armor set (Warden armor) -New customizable weapon based on your class -About 2-4 hours -Interesting story, great party banter. -New enviroments, new enemies, dungeon puzzles.  Bottom line is if your craving more DA2, it will satisfy you. You can play it during or after the main game. It addresses a lot of issues people had with DA2.
    To add to your info. 
    The DLC is accessible as soon as you get to your first home, so you can do it pretty early on.
    Certain party members have additional interactions if you bring them, and the after mission conclusion is different depending who is no longer with you.
    I did the DLC in Act 1 and noticed I was able to access it at the beginning of each act afterward, but only the ending cutscene.
    indus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By indus

@SilverBulletKY: I believe it occurs during the last act but you can play it at any point once you've arrived at Kirkwall. 

I had a good time playing Legacy mainly because there is a great amount of story packed into 4 hours. It mostly centers around the Hawke family and the Grey Wardens of Kirkwall. The banter and conversations with

were the best I've ever experienced in DA2. Though, If you play on hard I would stray away from this combo if it isn't optimal for your set up. I had a relatively tough time beating this dlc even though I breezed through the normal campaign. There are these mobs called Genlock Alphas that were as hard as some of the bosses in the main campaign and they showed up with every group of mobs.  

It's worth a pick up if you really like the story of DA2 or want (some) powerful loot but thats about it. 
    Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mike76x
    @indus said:

@SilverBulletKY: I believe it occurs during the last act but you can play it at any point once you've arrived at Kirkwall. 

It occurs whenever you play it, except for after the story and you're with all your pre-final battle companions.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Yummylee

Surprised by the warm response by users; fair few critics have been labeling it as pretty mediocre and overpriced. I'm still not up for paying £8 for it, though if I spot it on a sale I'll give it a go.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mike76x
    @Abyssfull: People that liked DA2 are the ones buying it, but It's still more DA2 so it's not going to win anyone over that didn't like the main game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.