Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Dragon Age II: Mark of the Assassin DLC - Starring Felicia Day

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

That's right, the Elf character Tallis who Felicia will play in the live-action web-series Dragon Age: Redemption will be joining Hawke and friends in a new DLC

The Jewel we’re after is called the Heart of the Many. The Heart is in a vault behind who knows what kind of traps, protected by a private army of Orlesian chevaliers, all inside a fortress that was designed to be impregnable. And let’s not forget, surrounded by monster. – Tallis

• “It’s a bit longer than Legacy”
    • “(Tallis) is only in the party for the duration of Mark of the Assassin”
    • Hawke will be invited to Chateau Hane (?), the manor of an Orlesian Duke who is currently in possession of the Heart of Many. Hawke and Tallis will be trying to relieve him of it. Also, upon arrival at the Chateau, it looks like you’ll be fighting the new monster added to MotA, a wyvern.
    • Tallis has a unique fighting style where, depending on her range, she’ll alternate between melee attacks and throwing attacks. Laidlaw said she’ll also have access to a full array of rogue skills and her base weapon skill is two-hand, not archer.
    • “We want to make sure there’s more ways to resolve conflict without fighting … being able to sneak around a bunch of guards is classic rogue gameplay.” Separate sections of the DLC may allow you to either fight your way through or find alternate paths to success. Laidlaw said XP gain may not be exactly the same but the rewards will be comparable. BioWare will also be looking for feedback on how players like the new sections.
    • On wyverns – “They’re related to dragons, they fight over the same territories, they don’t fly. … You do get teh chance to fight them, more than one.”
    • On the amount of environments in the DLC: “Probably you hit five or six big thematic sequences … some of the spaces you encounter are really quite big as well.”
    • When asked about which companions might be best to bring along for extra banter or insight, he suggested that characters with connections to Orlais or the Qunari will probably get more out of it than others. That of course would suggest that Aveline (father was a chevalier) and Isabela (her big to-do with the Qunari) will probably be best.
    • “Both of the DLCs are taking a lot of notes from the overall DA2 feedback.”
    • About whether we’ll learn more about the Qunari: “You do, you learn some stuff about … some elements of how their society is shaped up.”
    • On whether companions will be flirty with Tallis: “I will say characters are flirty with Tallis.”
    Source (apparently from a live-stream by BioWare) 

Trailer

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-debut-dragon-age/720938

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By donchipotle

So do I get to bone virtual Felicia Day or not?

benpicko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By benpicko

Heard about this earlier, very cool.

Also, the newest series of The Guild is amazing.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Thanks for the info. The DLC looks to be an interesting side quest.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RE_Player1

I just got Origins Ultimate Edition so I have the beat that before I even think about getting 2. I'll probably wait for an Ultimate Edition or GOTY edition for 2 as well.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By TheHT
    @DonChipotle said:

So do I get to bone virtual Felicia Day or not?

fuckin beat me to it!

though the fact that bioware games seem to be less bone-heavy made me second guess posting it while the page loaded.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FLStyle

I highly doubt any Hawke x Tallis fun times sadly.

This is the right direction in winning me back from my DAII disappointment.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Animasta

whatever Veronica is still better

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

Man, as if I didn't have enough reasons not to play Dragon Age II already.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Mystyr_E

@Laketown: yeah but Veronica was into chicks........OOH nevermind!

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By SlightConfuse

Im glad Bioware is improving some of the issue with DA 2 with the DLC

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FLStyle
    @slightconfuse said:

Im glad Bioware is improving some of the issue with DA 2 with the DLC

I just hope it leads to a decent DAIII.
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Jimbo

This franchise badly needs fresh eyes on it. Feels like they're just using the DLC now to throw random ideas at the franchise and see if anything sticks.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel

@Jimbo said:

This franchise badly needs fresh eyes on it. Feels like they're just using the DLC now to throw random ideas at the franchise and see if anything sticks.

Between that and the stunt casting, I'm really not hopeful for how Dragon Age III is going to turn out.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

I'm certainly more optimistic towards this than I was for the Legacy DLC. I gave a pass on that because it was far too short (from what I've read) for its price, the story didn't seem all that appealing since I'm not arsed about learning more about anything to do with the Hawkes (least not anything that won't push the main story forward) and was primarily made up of the same just with a few extra enemies/environments - which is while, shamefully enough, something to be grateful for all things considered, it's still barely close to something that would tip me over the edge.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm playing through Origins now and I'm noticing some striking similarities to KOTOR. I love the game so far. Is Dragon Age 2 at all like the first narrative wise or is it completely different? Better of worse?

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By niamahai

IMA PUMPED FOR THIS. SO PUMPED I WENT AND BOUGHT BIOWARE POINTS IN ANTICIPATION .Legacy was kinda ok. They sorta filled the backstory regarding Hawke's dad.

Also, calling it out now. bullet point back-of-the-box feature of DA3 : Boneable Virtual Felicia Day.

@RE_Player92 said:

I'm playing through Origins now and I'm noticing some striking similarities to KOTOR. I love the game so far. Is Dragon Age 2 at all like the first narrative wise or is it completely different? Better of worse?

cherish what you have played in DA1. For DA2 is a DA in name only. The Deep Roads sequences in DA2 was more bearable though.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Vonocourt

Yeah, this stunt-casting does nothing for me. Nice try Bioware.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

@RE_Player92 said:

It has very little to do with Origins. It harks the odd nod to Origins through some cameo characters, though it has virtually nothing to do with Darkspawn (or the story arcs that form through Awakening). Far as the story's structured, it's much less epic in scale and is more centered around Hawke him/herself making his/her way through Kirkwall. It deals with a lot of surprising issues that were created in Origins, though weren't developed as much as you might like. The story is also pretty aimless at first and doesn't give you much of an arc or overall goal to follow exactly. The first act was a fucking snore for me personally and the third act (which is kinda where the ''main story'' begins to envelop) started great, though became a mess during its ending segments. The 2nd act, which deals a lot with the Qunari, was genuinely intriguing.

The main issue most people (including me) deservedly have with the story is how fixated it is with one particular canon; there's very little difference you can make and a lot of what may look you made a change towards will reverse itself soon enough making a lot of your decisions appear to be almost pointless. The most freedom the game gives you is who you decide to shag. Also some choices from Origins can be retconned as well.

Overall, fictional wise, it's essentially its own story and game, just set in the same Universe as Origins. The ending (which is a terribly timed cliffhanger because it's only then does the story begin to get really good) does allure to make connections with certain aspects of the previous game at least.

EDIT: I should note also that Dragon Age 2 is as divisive as has been documented via the forums, so there's certainly people who would disagree with me saying that think the story in DA2 is much better than Origins. If you're enjoying Origins as much as you say, though, I have a feeling you'll stray more towards the ''bleh'' camp for the story. Oh and shameful plug for user-review... <3

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#20  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Am I supposed to be excited? Listen, Felicia Day is a nerd lady who also is something resembling attractive, but that doesn't mean I want to buy a DLC just because her voice is in it. Maybe if Bioware could actually make their DLC a half-decent value proposition instead of 90 minutes of mostly combat for $7 I'd be interested enough to make a purchase. Pandering will do them no good here.

@RE_Player92 said:

Basically, I echo everything that @Abyssfull: said in this regard. It's not an awful game like the internet would have you believe, as the combat and characters are still quite good. However, it makes so many other missteps in regards to the main story and the general structure of the game that it just left a sour taste in my mouth by the end. If you're going to buy it, buy it on sale and lower your expectations. Also, don't do every single sidequest, because everything you've heard in regards to repetitive environments rings true.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mordukai

@Hailinel said:

Man, as if I didn't have enough reasons not to play Dragon Age II already.

yup...my thoughts exactly. Don't get what's the big about this chick anyways.

Actually the thought that went through my head was Bioware just killed any desire I had for this game.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Ravenlight

Do people still care about Felicia Day?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Enigma777

Just finished it. It was alright, but I certainly enjoyed Legacy more. It's nice to see they're working on their explosion tech though, cause the new ones are gorgeous! 

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By niamahai

Explosion tech? I was more impressed by their wyvern animation tech. For a $10 dlc this is all right. Just out of curiosity, does the subquests change if you bring different party members?'the quest I got involved aveline and isabella (which you should always bring for the banter)

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Enigma777
    @niamahai: I believe only those two have specific quests. And are you trying to tell me that the explosions during the last boss fight were not glorious? I agree about the wyvern animation as well. 
    Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By Cornman89
    @niamahai: I brought Aveline and Varric (would've brought Isabella, but two dagger rogues seemed redundant), and both of them got collection subquests that culminated in an accessory. So I guess whoever you bring along gets something.

Anyway, I like this DLC. It's not quite as combat-heavy as Legacy, and it was fun to go to strawman France for awhile.
    BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27  Edited By BawlZINmotion

I enjoyed it quite a lot, but I already experienced it when I shot my way through "Stolen Memory" in Mass Effect 2.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By octaslash

I've only been playing it for 20 minutes, but I'm liking it so far. There are an absurd amount of ridiculous French accents; however, the dialog is pretty funny.

"You know this woman eats thugs like you for breakfast, right?"

"Only when we're out of pancakes"

Shiseiten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How i wish she is a DLC character that is playable in the main game like that annoying Sebastian.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.