Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

How long is DA2 supposed to be?

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

I started this a couple of days ago, actually enjoying it a lot (but lets not get into that), and i decided to listen to a oldie bombcast where vinny and jared talk quite a bit about DA2, and Vinny says he was on chapter 1 (before the expedition) with 30 hours, and i think Jared said it took him about 20hours until the expedition...

...err, well i've passed the expedition, and i have about 13 hours. I havent skipped any cut scene, im actually reading EVERY dialog option (because i like them), and ive done every sidequest ive found (i had about 80gold before the expedition, alot more than you need)... so whats up with THAT? The expedition itself was like...1 hour if that? Am i missing a bunch of hidden sidequests, or are some people grossely exagerating how long the game is, and ill finish it in 20hours?

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rawrnosaurous

You could actually very well finish it around 20-30 hours the first chapter is the longest chapter and it generally depends on whether or not your spending money to buy new items or just hoarding all the money to get to the expedition faster.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Rawrnosaurous said:
    You could actually very well finish it around 20-30 hours the first chapter is the longest chapter and it generally depends on whether or not your spending money to buy new items or just hoarding all the money to get to the expedition faster.
    so if i was spending the money more quest would have popped up or something?
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By rawrnosaurous
    @Rhaknar: I don't know how many quests they have available that will randomly pop up but I spent a good long while in the first act, and it got longer and longer because I would end up buying an item or two. I think inevitably there comes a quest that will pay out the amount of money needed to go on the expedition.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By Yummylee

I don't know how the fuck Vinny hit 30 hours or whatever by the expedition. Yeah, I get he likes to collect everything, talk to everyone and fuck everything ect., but that's exactly how I like to play games too, including DA2 despite it's incredibly monotonous side stuff, and I hit around 10 hours by the expedition. Vinny must of been walking the entire way or something. 

The full game is still pretty hefty, and I think my own playtime hit around 48 hours with me still missing a couple of side quests. It's very possible to finish the story at around 20 hours, but if you carry on like you are you should get a sizable amount of playtime out of the game. 

EDIT: It was on hard mode too I should add.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JoeyRavn

@Rhaknar said:

@Rawrnosaurous said:

No, you get the same amount of quest regardless of the money you have or you may have spent. You always have available, though, a quest that covers the cost of the expedition, which you can choose to accept or not, depending on the state of your wallet. You can spend as much as you want, don't worry about the money for the expedition. At most, you'll have to accept that quest and later on repay the debt... or not, if you don't want to.

TearsInRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TearsInRain

Each act takes around 10 hours each if you do everything and you do everything efficiently.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Quacktastic

The game clock was messed up and could read stuff like 30 hours even though you've been playing 15.  I don't remember how or why, but I do remember the clock throwing people off.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

Yeah I don't think I spent more than 33 hours on any of my playthroughs and I was as thorough as possible.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By VoshiNova

@TearsInRain said:

Each act takes around 10 hours each if you do everything and you do everything efficiently.

Word

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rhaknar
    @JoeyRavn said:

@Rhaknar said:

@Rawrnosaurous said:

No, you get the same amount of quest regardless of the money you have or you may have spent. You always have available, though, a quest that covers the cost of the expedition, which you can choose to accept or not, depending on the state of your wallet. You can spend as much as you want, don't worry about the money for the expedition. At most, you'll have to accept that quest and later on repay the debt... or not, if you don't want to.

yeah i refused that dude offering me the money since like i said, i had more than enough. Hell, you get  the money back after the expedition anyway (at least i did). Well, im glad im not rushing through the game then, like i said, im actually enjoying it, and i dont even mind if its just 25-30 hours or so, my backlog is huge anyway. 
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Marz

It was about 60hours for me on Nightmare, I played the game tactically and paused alot so i wouldn't get owned.   Rock Wraith itself was almost about 1 hour fight.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Seppli
    @Marz said:
    It was about 60hours for me on Nightmare, I played the game tactically and paused alot so i wouldn't get owned.   Rock Wraith itself was almost about 1 hour fight.
    Same here.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Daveyo520

I spent about 60 hours on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.