Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Where do you want DA3 to take place?

• 63 results
    koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By koolaid

Macaroni and cheese!

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By CptChiken
    @LordXavierBritish said:
    " Inside a dragon. "
    Dragon age 3: Indigestion?
    kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By kingzetta
    @ryanwho said:
    " @Bamsen said:
    " @StarvingGamer said:
    " Do we seriously need to go through this "RAH RAH DA2 SUCKS RAH" argument in every thread? If you people hate DA2 so much then why the fuck are you even on these forums? Do you think Bioware reads this shit? Do you think you're going to suddenly convince the rest of us that we were wrong all along and actually this game is garbage? FUCK.  Back on topic, I think Tevinter Imperium would probably be the coolest since it sounds like the starkest contrast from what we've done so far. I'd love it if I could bring my mage Gray Warden from the first game back and fucking rule the place. Honestly I don't think a globe trotting game would work unless you wanted each continent to be represented by one small city and 3-4 dungeons. "
    Dude, I agree  "
    Its pretty self absorbed to think people's problems with the game have anything to do with converting others. In talking about the setting for the next game, yes, the issue of this game having a single town instead of several is an issue for some people. Can you live with that without raging? Can you reinforce that skin of yours? "
    Well the thread is "what do you think would be a cool setting?" not  "what did you think of DA2?"
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
    deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I want it to be like Onimusha 3 in that it takes place in both modern times and in Dragon Age times but mainly I just want to play as Jean Reno again.

Avatar image for tragicallyerock
    TragicallyErock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By TragicallyErock
    @Shirogane said:
    " Orlais isn't the place with assassins, it has bards. Assassins are from Antiva, get it right! "
    Yeah... I was gonna say... What about Antiva?
    That would be my choice for sure.
    I want to know more about Zervan and the world he came from.

Although the Qunari home-land would be pretty cool as well.
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I like the thought of going out to the Qunari homeland but i'm not sure how well they would take to someone who isn't of the Qun walking around and doing quests for them. Especially since the Qun looks down on those who ask someone else to do something for them.

I think the most logical one however is Orlais,

makes me think we might go to the source of the chantry. Although Antiva would be interesting and would certainly give us a lot of reasons to do quests considering how corrupt it is. Nevarran would be interesting considering the Seeker is from the Dragon Hunter lineage.
    Santa_8aby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Santa_8aby

I think I'd like to see 3 come full circle and take it back home to Ferelden.  I know we've "been there, done that", however, that doesn't mean Bioware can't expand the locations from the first game or make completely new ones.  Ferelden is a big place with a robust history and a familiarity which holds a precedence that the creators set originally.  Somehow, this would just feel right and could turn out to be the bittersweet conclusion to the saga. 

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By rawrnosaurous
    @Santa_8aby:  It would be a nice round about way to end a trilogy by going back to where it started, though unlike Mass Effect Dragon Age isn't a trilogy styled game. It's simply a new world that they can base all their fantasy games in unlike Mass Effect which has a clear and distinct end.
    AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Mass Effect Universe.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By Mystyr_E

I'd like it to be a big of a globe trot myself. Orlais, the Tevinter, maybe return to Amaranthine then have the finale back in Ferelden.

Santa_8aby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Santa_8aby
    @Rawrnosaurous: 
    True, it remains to be seen if DA will become a 3 part series. I was speaking with a trilogy in mind, since most epics seem to fall into them.  The more DA games, the better.  As long as they hold the same level of quality we've learned to come to expect from Bioware.  Personally, I think DA 2 is good, but not as good as the 1st.  This doesn't mean it's bad, like some people seem to believe.  It just doesn't seem to have the depth of story, the variety of locations and the feeling of adventure that the 1st had.  My initial thoughts are along the same lines as many others, that the short development cycle is the primary cause.  I also think they've stretched themselves too thin, with 3 IPs being developed simultaneously.  Here's to hoping DA 3, if there is one, is everything we want and more.  Thoughts?
    rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By rawrnosaurous
    @Santa_8aby:  I've gone through both DA and DA2, while I did love them both DA2 feels less and less like an RPG as you keep going.  The combat isn't necessarily the major cause of my woes in the game it's the lack of personalization in the world that we are given. DA gave us heaps of ways to personalize our game to the point that we were drowning in it and unless you truly like to get your hands dirty in RPG goodness you were kinda pushed back. Instead of streamlining this process and making it easier for those who don't like to spend 20 hours tweaking the AI, they made it so you weren't able to get your hands dirty at all. I understand that not everyone wants to fiddle around with what armor your allies wear but taking away that option and having it so that towards the end of the game is the only point in which their armor changes is ridiculous. 

In essence I think the problems with DA2 stem less from how it plays and more in how little the world really changes because of your decisions aside from someone dying or not. In Origins you felt a sense of progression as you and your teammates were wearing more and more elaborate armor, you felt your actions impacted the world or at least what you saw. Here the only thing that changes is your house, nothing else in the world really changes because of your actions. The variety of locations wouldn't have mattered so much if they made them feel as though you impacted and changed them with your decisions.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63  Edited By CenturionCajun

I'm going to say the most likely location is Orlais. My personal preference would be Tevinter but they would have to find a real creative reason for that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.