Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age II

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 08, 2011

This sequel to Dragon Age: Origins features faster combat, a new art style, and a brand new, fully voiced main character named Hawke.

Which system is this better on (excluding PC unfortunately).

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

The only reason I wouldn't want it (if I want it at all) on PC, is because the computer I use is kind of dying. I've only played the steam demo back when it came out and worked fine, but it's not a reliable system to use anymore. So I was wondering, if I were to want it, which system should I get it for? PS3, or 360? Just so you know, I'm not buying it so it's practically free. A friend wants to know what I want for my birthday, and no one seems to put up with nothing, and I already have all the great games that have come out this year, so take that into account.  
    So no need to say "don't waste your money.". Any help would be nice, I basically just need to know which version looks worse, with either lower res textures, and/or has more glitches. I want the best experience that's not on the PC (again, it's unfortunate). Oh, and also please don't recommend something I should get instead of this. I know there are people out there that feel the need to help me get something else if they think this isn't a good idea, but in the end, if I don't want it, I'll make that decision. As of right now, it's what I'm thinking of. Either that or Dead Space Martyr. 

Sorry for the somewhat long paragraph, I didn't find the right spot to split it into two, and I feel like that gets my point across well enough I just don't want to re-work it around. Alright, go get some chow (how 'bout that?).

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By zidd

The demo seemed to run fine on either console when I tried them out back when they were released.

Alezor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Alezor

360 all the way, i think that game is way better on the 360 controller, there's not much of a difference in any other way.

iamLEG10N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iamLEG10N

I only played the demo on the 360, but I own it for the PS3. I never had any issues during my 2 playthroughs.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

PS3 i heard from buddies had alot of crashing problems.... dunno if that is fixed... probably is because the game has been out for a long time now.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

I think you mean ciao. Anywhoo there's really no large distinction between the two, so it mostly comes down to your pad preference.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

Oh yeah, and not that it matters, but I tried all three of the demo's to come out for all three systems. I don't really remember which version I liked better from that, but I think it was the 360 because I kind of remember being surprised that it looked and ran better on 360 just because I heard some more negative things about Origins on the 360.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM
    @Abyssfull: I was about to fix it so it says ciao, but I wanted to be a little more original. Ha... But yeah, I did mean that, sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.