Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Attacks that don't trigger friendly fire

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pyrodactyl

Minor spoilers for the progression in the game.

What are the attacks (if any) that don't impact your allies if you're playing with friendly fire on? I'm pretty sure you can't hit them with a normal AoE attack with two handed weapons and the like. Some of those specialization abilities sound cool but I worry I'll end up hurting my tank on the front lines by using them. Does the Reaver's circle of pain do spirit damage to your allies with FF on? What about the templar ability that creates powerfull explosions when dispelling barriers?

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

The tooltips for the abilities should tell you by saying "Friendly fire possible." That said, I think you are insane if you actually want friendly-fire turned on, particularly on any difficulty above normal. The companion AI in this game is too stupid to realize things like "I probably shouldn't run through that wall of fire my mage just put up," or "maybe I want to avoid stepping over my rogue's elemental mine."

It wasn't a big problem in the first two games, since the tactics stuff, while difficult and kludgy to use, was robust enough to let you stop companions from acting like complete idiots. Not so in DAI. Unless you plan on doing a painful amount of micromanagement, I'd just leave it off.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pyrodactyl

@lawgamer: Already did the pre skywatch stuff with friendly fire on hard, not going to stop now. And yeah, the micro management is demanding but the really heavy stuff isn't required for most fights so you only have to micro manage in big encounters. In most fights you just have to initiate the fight properly with a good full draw shot and a well placed war cry. FF prevents you from destroying the front line with a bunch of AoE attacks with no consequences to your front line fighters which would make no sense.

bombedyermom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bombedyermom

I'm playing on nightmare, and I had to turn FF off. But good for you for trucking on!

And yes, the tooltips should be specific about friendly fire

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.