Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age 3 - Done!

krummi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By krummi

Finally finished Dragon Age 3 last weekend and I have to admit that in the end the game started to stumble. Everything started well enough and I was instantly sucked into the world and lost stupid amounts of time while wandering around the world - total game time in the end was 115 hours.

I belong to the caste of players who poke around every corner and do everything possible straight away before moving the plot along. By looking around I managed to do just about everything in this playthrough also so I do not think I will poke around again. Some trophies were missed due to choices (Orlesian court approval and winged super companion) but about those I do not care enough to go back - I did what I did and that's it, I can live with these choices. Once in Skyhold plot played well and kept its grip with the plotting and mischief but the end felt somehow rushed upon. Don't know if this was because Morrigan was pushed in at the very last moment and felt like filler and fan service - I adore her character but they could have kept her waiting for next game where she obviously has to solve the final mystery of her mother by the looks of it.

Technically I'd go as far as to say that the engine was crap. I don't think the combat worked with a melee character as I seemed to get stuck to every small stone and twig. Bigger enemies seemed to dislike it as well by judging how they twisted, turned and span around their axis trying to figure where the models around them were. If I get back to this it will definitely be with a archer or wizard just avoid the stupid running around. The occasional flying NPC was spotted couple times but otherwise the only bug I remember is the problem with killing the ten dragons trophy due to which I missed the trophy (and found out about the possible fix only after finishing the game - save before last dragon fight and if script bugs, try again).

Despite the complaints I heartily recommend this to anyone. There really are not that many games with similar party system and as large world available. The party banter and NPCs relationships are fun to follow. I am half tempted to dig out Baldurs Gate games again as they are the ones that re-sparkled my interest in the first place.

announakis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By announakis

@krummi said:

Technically I'd go as far as to say that the engine was crap. I don't think the combat worked with a melee character as I seemed to get stuck to every small stone and twig. Bigger enemies seemed to dislike it as well by judging how they twisted, turned and span around their axis trying to figure where the models around them were.

I am with you.

I have been playing rogue / warrior / mage on 3 different mains up to level 10 so far to have a feel of what I preferred and melee is terribly hindered by poor hitboxes and those stumbling on little obstacles everywhere...and you end up feeling like you are running after the mobs all the time really. it is sad because the mechanism of rolling / evading for warriors/rogue as well as the possibility to parry make it interesting to play live rather than just tactical camera. this terrible tactical camera...arrrrggg. anyways.

yeah so I am now playing the game as a Knight enchanter because you have the best of all worlds although it is rather bland to rely so much on just using spirit blade basically. Now I will play the game fully like this and never go back to it because there is too much grinding / chore to be replayable although it is still a good game all together.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.