Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon age controller

reyganmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What program do I use to map my controller for da? or how am I able to use it?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

There is no controller support for Dragon Age Origins. It's not that kind of game. 2 and 3 both natively support controllers.

reyganmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

@reyganmoore: It will use your controller if you have the appropriate drivers. Just google for the drivers if you don't already have them installed. With the controller plugged in and turned on, you can choose between keyboard and mouse, and controller in the options menu.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By conmulligan

@reyganmoore: What kind of controller are you using? If it's XInput compatible, the game should detect it upon launch and let you toggle between keyboard & mouse and controller input in the options screen. Unfortunately, the game doesn't support switching on the fly, so you'll need to have the controller powered on and paired before you boot the game, and you can only change the input method on the main menu screen.

reyganmoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a logtech it's like xbox360. Ehen i plug it into my laptop it will Control skyrim but not da. I'm sorry I don't usually play on pc and don't really know what your asking. How do I know if I have the appropriate driver?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Make sure the controller is on before you start the game. Then go into options and select controller as your input method.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I had a problem on launch day with my controller not being recognized.

I had to disable my mouse and keyboard in device manager, as Dragon Age recognized it/them as a controller instead of my 360 pad.

MugsMugsMugs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Try turning on the controller first before you start the game

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@corevi said:

There is no controller support for Dragon Age Origins. It's not that kind of game. 2 and 3 both natively support controllers.

I don't believe Dragon Age 2 supports controllers either. Just Inquisition. Actually, I'm pretty sure that Inquisition is the only Bioware game that natively supports controllers out of the box. You can fuck around with some configuration files for Mass Effect 2 and 3, but then the UI doesn't work right.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.