Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Dragon Age: The Last Court

Junkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Hey Duders!

Just thought I'd open a thread for discussion for those who have been playing the Last Court and are interested in maybe giving it a try (Its a free web browser based game and doesn't require any downloads or anything)

If I could summarize my thoughts on the awkward little game so far I'd say: Its for die-hard fans only.

I've been playing it for a few days now (Note that playing the game doesn't take more then a half hour to an hour a day if you are a quick read) and my feelings are mixed. The initial day or so of play when your character is really weak I found a bit disappointing/frustrating; you are severely limited in what you can do by your skills and a lot of the mechanics seem quite punishing since you rely solely on chance and your ability to game the system.

After I figured things out and jacked up my nobleman I found myself enjoying the game a little more - not so much for the gameplay (Which is kind of bad and unengaging) but because once in a while you stumble across something kind of exciting lore-wise that in my currently over-hyped state for Inquisition I've been eating right up!

For those who dont know: gameplay involves a series of multiple choice events with different pro's and con's that affect your kingdom... the amount of pro's vs con's you receive from each choice depends on a dice roll modified by your characters skill set. So the higher your skill, the higher your chances of success and the more pro's you are likely to receive vs cons. This makes the start of the game very difficult as you are pretty much at the whim of fate, but after a day or two of play you can pretty much auto-win everything and the game becomes more about unlocking as much lore as you care to while waiting for the game clock to tick down.

The game takes 7 real life days to complete, with about 10-30 minutes of essential gameplay per day. After that you are free to play as much or as little as you want as each of your action points require 20 minutes to recharge and are capped at 20. If this sounds terrible to you I think it is worse then it sounds... those 20 action points are more then enough to do whatever you want to do each day and in my experience playing more then you need to can just as much hurt your game as well as help it depending on your character's skill set and chance.

Overall I think its pretty okay now that I'm actually getting somewhere. I snuck into the family crypts, encountered some old characters from the series and learned a little of what they have been up to and more excitingly what they might have in store for DA:I.

What are your guys' thoughts so far? Have you discovered anything exciting in your playthrough?

ZEROprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hmmmm... how about you spoil some of that sweet, sweet lore you've learned and save the rest of us the pain of actually playing through?

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@zeroprime: The Cantigaster is the husband of the Duchess "saved" from a lethal snake bite at the cost of the Second City.

...Whoops, wrong FailBetter game. Well, Last Court has something close enough to that.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Hmmmm... how about you spoil some of that sweet, sweet lore you've learned and save the rest of us the pain of actually playing through?

Immediately upon starting the game, Morrigan arrives! She wants to use my city (on the outskirts of Orlais) to perform magey mageyness. In her hand is the royal seal of the empress of Orlais who gives permission to Morrigan to do whatever she wants (if you keep up with the lore at some point after Dragon Age: Origins - Witch Hunt DLC, she became the Empress's fancy mage advisor, for more details of the Empress read Dragon Age: The Masked Empire). Carver Hawke turned up out of the blue seeking asylum after being attacked. You can choose to accept them into the city or not (I accepted both).

My primary story thing going on at the moment (apart from making the city better) is that the leader of the Chantry, The Divine, is visiting to see if the city has improved since its unwritten exile from Orlais politics when my great grandfather (a loopy yet genius mage) plunged the city into bad times.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By FLStyle

@flstyle: What if my Carver is dead?

You get several options that doesn't take one canon option over another, but it says the keep remembers your choice.

Greetings Templar, greetings Warden, you're an imposter

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.