Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Glitches and bugs you've encountered? (Topic over 3 years old)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

I was playing last night and encountered my first game breaking bug. I walked into the war room and a cutscene started. I knew something was wrong when the door behind me still said "open" on it while the cutscene played. A conversation began and the wheel popped up. But I couldn't choose any of the responses. I could also go into the inventory menu and bring up the powers menu while in conversation. I was stuck and had to reload.

In addition to that it's been mostly minor bugs. People sliding sideways into place. I got stuck in a wheel barrel and had to switch characters. My favorite bug so far is having a ram spawn into the rafters of a building and watching it panic and run around above our heads. What bugs have you guys run into?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Varric's foot in Haven keeps bugging out and repositioning itself like his foot is falling through the ground.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only things I've had is that my search ping stopped working and I became unable to switch party members. They both resolved themselves after I loaded into a new zone.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Rams in the rafters seems to be a very common issue.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaLe

So I just had the first bug that forced me to Alt+F4 the game, just minutes after posting about my bug issues here! I was by some water and one of my party members was really low on health and making dying noises over and over so I switched to her to see what was up and upon doing so my main character went into the same pattern of dying by the water. I ended up stuck on this character that was just dying in the water over and over, the screen fading black and coming back into focus repeatedly. I couldn't do anything and had to force quit the game.

Edit - Wow, now when I launch the game I'm stuck in that spot, the surroundings slowly loading in, screen fading in and out, and then straight up crash to desktop. I'll have to load an earlier save. This is messed up.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

1. I've gotten stuck in a conversation where the next lines didn't load and I was just stuck there staring at the NPC. I waited for awhile and the game eventually caught up, but it took quite a while.

2. While in the Hinterlands, I was fighting on a small rise and using one of my rogue abilities caused me to fly off the ledge and launch a long, long, (long) ways into the valley.

3. After capturing the Crossroads, some enemies will spawn in the middle of the village, but they don't really do anything. No one reacts to their presence and they just kneel down and let me kill them.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

One time I fell in between some rocks and couldn't move because the game thought I was still falling. I switched to my other party members and they were in a strange inaccessible location with no discernible exit. I was able to walk into the water with one of them and they respawned in a real place. That's pretty much the only thing.

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm right at the beginning of the game, and whenever I enter the War Room, my character always shows up wearing that grey onesie she was wearing when she first woke up in the town. When I leave, she reverts back to what she actually has equipped. Don't know what's going on there.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By probablytuna

@lawgamer: Were you talking to Cassandra? Cause that happened to me when I was chatting with her outside the camps where the soldiers were training. I restarted the game multiple times to see what caused the problem and it is when I clicked "You don't think I'm the Chosen One?", any other option chosen after that would bug out.

@alistercat: Yep same for me, he was constantly bobbing up and down while we were in conversation because of this.

One bug that comes to mind would be NPCs speaking in the voice of the opposite sex. This has happened on three separate characters so far, had to do a double take each time. Luckily they're not any named characters so doesn't matter too much.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Steadying

I've encountered a ton of little bugs and glitches. Here are a few that stood out:

- My character's legs becoming all weird and slanted.

- Will sometimes get a bunch of " quest completed " notifications for quests I beat ages ago.

- A certain string of dialogue with Stroud crashed the game every time.

- Character's acting...weird in some cut scenes. Abrupt turning around, looking the wrong way, etc.

- Sometimes dialogue just doesn't continue for like a good minute.
    - Sound effects not playing sometimes

Here's a funny one I was able to catch:

Loading Video...
    UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've had some instances of attempting to climb up ladders and ending up going straight through the ladder and climbing up the adjacent wall.

I've seen a few people walking around in the sky.

I've had some weird spots during conversations where things seem to lock up, but then end up moving forward as usual after waiting 10 seconds or so.

At one point I was looking through one of the things where you see shards (sorry, forget what they are called) and couldn't back out with the 'B' prompt as I normally can. Enemies were nearby, and i eventually got out of it when the main character died.

Luckily, I have played 35+ hours on Xbone and haven't had a game-breaker yet.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Varric's feet are also constantly glitching out in my game, it's really weirding me out.

Occasionally some enemies fall through the world and then reappear some place else or are just gone forever ("Swallowed up by the stone" It's a dwarven saying.)

Aside from that some conversation bugs, NPCs running in circles/into walls, weird movement in cutscenes. Nothing game breaking yet.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

The game decided to change my character's voice actor from US to UK after a particular moment in the game. It sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-59ecb0f733056
    deactivated-59ecb0f733056

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My male character has been referred to as a female the whole game so far. (Made a second character and he is properly a male...hope they were able to fix this though, would hate to have a 27 hour save permanently bugged. )

Been having frequent crash to desktops lately, it was fine in the beginning.

Tactical AI using questionable tactics, like leaving my party mage and archer open to a whole group of enemies while chasing a lone guy from them.

It's been alright, but I do hope that BioWare releases a patch pretty soon.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: Were you talking to Cassandra? Cause that happened to me when I was chatting with her outside the camps where the soldiers were training. I restarted the game multiple times to see what caused the problem and it is when I clicked "You don't think I'm the Chosen One?", any other option chosen after that would bug out.

Yes! Me too! That exact conversation! I believe I was asking "What happens next?". The game just stopped, and I waited for about a minute before quitting it and restarting (on PS4, btw). I loaded the checkpoint, tried again, and the same thing happened, so the third time I just avoided that particular line, and everything went fine. Seems that particular option is just broken maybe?

Also, I've had two other, fairly minor bugs:

1. I've seen a couple of exclamation points on the map that don't lead to any quest. One of them I figured out was a quest that I was going to receive from Blackwall, but he wasn't in the same spot as the exclamation point (he was nearby, and after I talked to him, he moved to the correct location). Another exclamation point in The Hinterlands just hangs out on the map, not near anything.
    2. In multiplayer you can break pots to loot gold, but sometimes after you break them, they just respawn again and you can't loot anything. I've seen other people in my games being confused by that, so I'm assuming it's not just me.

Nothing game-breaking, except for that one conversation. I guess it's to be expected with an open-world game of this scale.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
    TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheBluthCompany

Krem (Iron Bull's Second in Command) has weird problems sitting in his chair when I enter the tavern. He always teleports from sitting on the back of the chair to sitting normally.

The Hinterlands quest to secure horses is bugged. The dude isn't on the map anymore.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I killed several spider's when I entered a cave like area in the oasis. About 1/4 of their loot was in the ceiling. Also in that area, my player character was stuck running around with the mage's green fire torch and wouldn't drop it til I zoned out. Lots of others, but 90% of them seem to have been centered around the Oasis.

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird spawnings, loot unreachable under the surface, sometimes impossible to pick dialogue options with the mouse (so I can't see the icon beforehand), party AI going insane in some caves in the Storm Coast, a quest already completed kept giving me the notification of completion, Flank Attack (rogue skill) propelling me to god knows where (usually in the air) if there is uneven terrain between me and the enemy, some (mostly rare) crashes during dialogues and cutscenes.

bargainben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

before I updated my AMD driver I was having flashes where the screen went inverted when I was outside. And hellof freezing and crashing.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've encountered a ton of little bugs and glitches. Here are a few that stood out:

- My character's legs becoming all weird and slanted.

- Will sometimes get a bunch of " quest completed " notifications for quests I beat ages ago.

- A certain string of dialogue with Stroud crashed the game every time.

- Character's acting...weird in some cut scenes. Abrupt turning around, looking the wrong way, etc.

- Sometimes dialogue just doesn't continue for like a good minute.

- Sound effects not playing sometimes

Here's a funny one I was able to catch:

Loading Video...

HAH!
    Thats a nice one, had a similar but not as funny one happen to me yesterday.

Loading Video...

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gkhan said:

@probablytuna said:

Yes! Me too! That exact conversation! I believe I was asking "What happens next?". The game just stopped, and I waited for about a minute before quitting it and restarting (on PS4, btw). I loaded the checkpoint, tried again, and the same thing happened, so the third time I just avoided that particular line, and everything went fine. Seems that particular option is just broken maybe?

Yeh i had problem in that conversation with Cassandra aswell. Just press the button to skip forward in the conversation (square on PS4) and its resolved .

Apart from that i have had one crash when trying to craft some armor and also the annoying bug with old completed quests spamming completed questobjectives all the time.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla said:

@gkhan said:

@probablytuna said:

Yeh i had problem in that conversation with Cassandra aswell. Just press the button to skip forward in the conversation (square on PS4) and its resolved .

Apart from that i have had one crash when trying to craft some armor and also the annoying bug with old completed quests spamming completed questobjectives all the time.

Didn't work for me for some reason. I pressed every button I could.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Often during conversations I see my companions freaking out in the background, sliding along the ground or running in circles like maniacs.
    I've also encountered a LOT of pop in, sometimes NPCs (or a ram) just literally spawns 2 feet in front of me.

On another occasion I was stuck in front of some magic wall and while trying to figure out what to do Cassandra just started floating through it. Nothing major so far though.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just forgot the best glitch i encountered. At the dragon in Hinterlands i looked into the skull to search for shards just as the dragon was swooping in on me. All the time i was searching for shards i heard deathscreams from everyone in my team and i just left the game running like that for 5min becouse it was hilarious. When i decided they had suffered enough i quit the skull minigame and my team was just standing there pretenting like nothing had happened.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gkhan said:

@rethla said:

@gkhan said:

@probablytuna said:

Didn't work for me for some reason. I pressed every button I could.

I was playing while the game was still installing, and it wouldn't let me skip anything until it was fully installed. In the end, I just avoided clicking on "You don't think I'm the Chosen One?", which was convenient since in my story my character never thought he was the chosen one.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer said:

1. I've gotten stuck in a conversation where the next lines didn't load and I was just stuck there staring at the NPC. I waited for awhile and the game eventually caught up, but it took quite a while.

Had that problem in multiple conversations. Huge pain in the butt.

My dude magically became British after meeting around a certain character.

Those were the two main ones I can think of. Fairly stable outside of that.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I just had a bug were Dorian first refused to cast barrier, then suddenly got teleported across the whole map (that means he went very, very far) and then proceeded to slowly ascend ever higher up into the sky while doing his running animation.

A few seconds later he I guess fell, because he died of what I think was falling damage. Anyway he ended up back on the ground, but now everyone else was gone. Had to reload an earlier save.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

When I summoned my horse I must have been standing in the right spot, because instead of spawning off camera, it came in flying over my shoulder like someone punted it off screen and slid off into the distance with no animation.

I haven't been able to recreate it, but man I lost my shit at that one.

Somebody make a Pokey skin.

Suxxorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worst bug for me so far (playing on PS4) was when I died at a rift that was unexpectedly hard. I hadn't hard saved recently since the auto saves are pretty good. Well the game crashed on me, straight to PS4 submit bug screen, tried to reload auto save, crashed again. Autosave was bugged, had to go back to my previous hard save. Lost an hour of progress.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the pc version when wearing a helm my characters hair turns yellow and blocky as if its missing the mesh. Very annoying wish I could find a fix.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheHT

I was fighting the Fereldan Frostback and Andraste was all NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOPE.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Sucked into the sky like some dwarven nightmare.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Had the exact same thing happened to me, I even uploaded a video. Thanks, Sony, for letting me capture all these stupid moments! :p

Cagliostro88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cagliostro88

Skyhold is a disaster for me. Every couple of conversations the game crashes completely and i'm back to the desktop :(

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I surprisingly haven't encountered anything too bad yet, but I still have a lot more of this game to play. Sometimes I'll get a huge delay in quest completion notifications and of that nature. Also, I once had to reset the game because it thought that I was perpetually in battle so I couldn't interact with anything.

Side note: the jump button and the interact-with-things button should not be the same button.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

This happened to me earlier.....just wait for it.... (also mild spoilers if you don't want the name of the main baddie revealed to you)

Loading Video...

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

When talking to Casandra near the people training I could not stop looking at this guy in the background that was walking over tents and other things he was not supposed to be walking over. It was weird.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Loading Video...

Mirado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're running a Crossfire setup, this game loves to crash, and loves to turn shadows into a glitchy flickering mess. As far as I can tell, the crashes are from the new beta drivers that AMD rolled out, but the game runs like a slideshow without those, so it's crashes or nothing for me. The shadows are just fucked either way.

At least it only seems to happen in menus or in conversations. I've adopted a weird style where I do a bunch of open world stuff, save, and then roll the dice for anything else. Sometimes I get away with it for a few hours, sometimes the game dies over and over.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Don't fast travel while going down a ladder. You fall through the world when you load into the new area because the character is still going to be in the ladder climbing animation.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had one glitch where all my companions died while fighting to close a Rift. It was too hard so i fled. All other party members came back to life, but the character icon for Cassandra still indicated she was still dead,despite her running around following me. This had the effect of locking up the ability to save and access inventory,it was weird. After a while, she decided to come back to life.

Also had the game suddenly crash on me, with some error that i was told to report to Sony.had me freakin out quite a bit as i heard this could potentially corrupt save files. Loaded back the game through the latest auto save and everything was fine.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@megalombax: Generally the savefiles will be corrupted if you are unlucky enough to have a crash while its saving. Alternate between a few savefiles and dont trust the autosave and you will be fine. It has only happened once for me and i was only rolled back like 5min, basicly an conversation.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

The main characters voice defaults when you meet Hawke. So if you changed the voice to say a Human American, it will default back to British. Fucking awful bug. It ruins it.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Sessh
    @metal_mills said:

The main characters voice defaults when you meet Hawke. So if you changed the voice to say a Human American, it will default back to British. Fucking awful bug. It ruins it.

Yeah, it sucks. Especially since I really want to customise Hawke, the default doesn't even look like the Hawke default from DA2 for whatever reason. For fem Hawke at least, don't know about male Hawke.

Also people refer to my fem Hawke as a he all the time. Really annoying.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I am playing PS4 and mostly I have only seen bugs in conversations. Sometimes it'll hang after a line but I've been able to keep it going if I wait half a minute or so and press the skip button a bunch of times.

It'll also sometimes start convos in the "detached" mode so that the stick doesn't select lines but rather it moves you around. These are instances when you can't snap into the dialogue again. Pretty annoying when it happens but in those cases it's been fixed by starting a lot of conversations in a row and the system seems to catch up. So say I wanted to speak to a party member when the bug happens, I go and spam talk to the blacksmith 10 times and then it'll work again.

I am mostly impressed that I haven't gotten stuck on any geometry yet, for a game on this scale that is commendable.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I tried to play the multiplayer today. I think it's permanently broken for me. Granted, I've only played 2 matches. I start the game looking outside the map without the intro, then when it starts I can't move but I can attack. Then I can move on the spot and fall through the map, end up getting teleported to the end of the current zone but with no enemies.

So... multiplayer is fun.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By LeStephan

'm playing on ps4 and one time when i switched to cassandra she started spinning around in place and i could not move her, as soon as switched to another character that was fixed. And I've seen a lot of people sliding into place in the background but thats about it.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've learned to hate Stroud because there was a period where whenever he spoke I had to worry about the game wigging out. This seems to have passed though.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some achievements/trophies seem to be bugged as well by the way. For me Persuasive (Aquire 10 Inquisition agents.) and Quartermaster (Complete 20 requisition requests.) never unlocked.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AlKusanagi

I'm starting to encounter more and more of the game hanging during conversation cut scenes. Previously I could at least skip it, but last night I hit one with Varric where we just stared at each other and hitting buttons brought up the combat menus. I was able to bring up the pause menu and quit out, but it was pretty frustrating.

Now I'm taking a Knight of the Old Republic 2 approach and saving every 5 minutes in case it starts locking up on the regular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.