Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

Hitting a wall, getting wiped (No spoilers)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b45500a95f79
    deactivated-5b45500a95f79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was playing on hard for about 25 hours and doing alright, cautious but fun. Now I can't get past a certain key story point since I keep getting wiped, completely. No matter the party. So I decided to switch to normal and start grinding out some levels. Now I'm getting completely wiped on rifts and certain parts of a map. What is going on?

Did my game glitch? On hard I would die from 2-3 shots form an arrow. Even on normal as a mage I, every single archer/ranged targets me even with tanks. Getting kind of ridiculous. Do I have to go further in the story and my character jumps to some super saiyan level or am I missing some amazing armor or crafting?

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Zeik

Are the enemies you're fighting within your level range? Just because you can access a rift doesn't necessarily mean you're strong enough to handle it. Beyond that normal shouldn't really be that hard.

Make sure you're keeping your equipment up to date and make sure you have a sword and shield warrior for tanking and a mage with barrier and there shouldn't be much you can't handle.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Sounds like you just might be fighting enemies that are too high level for you. If you're getting targetted by enemies you might want to change your party to have Cass or Blackwall roll with you, since they have skills for pulling aggro.

And if they don't do so on their own, you can manually make them attack whoever's attacking you, or change their behaviour so they always attack who's attacking you.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

If the enemy has a red skull on it, its much higher than you and you should run away.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Try going to a different map. Even if you can close some rifts on a certain map doesn't mean you can close them all. What I've been doing is going to area doing whatever I come across and when I find someone to tough I just leave and go somewhere else. I have been doing most story missions towards the high end of recommendation, and haven't had many problems.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

In addition to the other tips here, go through your active quest log and finish all of the quick and easy ones. I'm playing on hard too, whenever it's obvious that I need to level up a bit I will always start by looking through all active quests and cleaning up all the ones that just require that I return to someone or do some quick task.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'd also recomend crafting gear. At least for your tank character. The stuff you craft compared to the stuff you just find a bug tends to be a ton better. Always keep your party well geared.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.