Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Nov 18, 2014

Dragon Age: Inquisition is the third installment in the Dragon Age series of role-playing games developed by BioWare.

How is DAI on the 360?

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My best mates bday is coming up and I'm gonna get him DAI for the 360. I read on euro gamer that the graphics have been scaled back (less vegetation, long loads, less lighting, less cloth physics, texture streaming issues, and some tearing) But the actual game content is the same correct? If you are playing on 360 please chime in.

Have you have any game breaking bugs? Does the reduced image quality drastically reduce your enjoyment of the game?

My mate has never been super concerned about graphics so hopefully he will enjoy it :)

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

I have the PS4 and PC versions, I haven't actually played the last gen ones myself, but looking at YouTube videos, the graphics look drastically worse. The opening area looks okay, but the Hinterlands almost looks Origins quality imo. Weird it looks so bad, I'm sure those old consoles could do better.

Actual content is almost certainly exactly the same, though, so I wouldn't worry about that.

last gen footage: http://youtu.be/LM9WeZuGrrA

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah like I said he is not too concerned as long as nothing is cut. Plus he really wants it and it's his only choice.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By deerokus

I have the 360 version. It seems to me to be less buggy than the other platforms apparently are actually, although I did briefly have some texture loading issues, which some people seem to get worse than others. Visually it's a mixed bag, the interiors mostly look quite nice actually but some of the exteriors look very spartan and have been very cruelly pared back if you compare to the 'proper versions'. Emerald Graves has so little foliage... Some character models have really low quality textures (even supporting characters Leliana and Cullen look really crummy). It isn't enough to spoil the game because the art direction survives, but it is definitely detrimental. The 360 just isn't up to running this engine properly.

It's a good experience though and most importantly it runs smoothly (except in certain bigger battles). Personally I would rather that than a good-looking port with a sub 20 fps framerate. One thing, it's a two discer where disc 1 is a mandatory install but you can't install the 'play disc' using the system installs, so the disc is always spinning. Annoying if you have an old noisy 360.

The content is identical.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

A friend of mine has it for 360 and he told me he stopped playing after a few hours because of the load times, and he's a fan of the series.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

Dragon Age 2 improved on the graphics a lot over Origins on 360. Strange if it goes back to Origin quality in graphics. It certainly is not the best way to experience it but without newer consoles or a decent PC it is better than nothing.

I played ME1,2,3 and DA:O and DA2 non stop when I got them just pausing for school/work/eat/sleep but DA:I I have not played in weeks now. I like the game and I will finish it but for some reason it doesn't suck me in like before. I don't really know why since it is a better game than DA2 but I don't play it as much.

EvilCalvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the 360 version and have put in over 40 hours. I have no doubt the new gen versions look better but I have not had any major issues. Sure there is some long loads but almost all games over the last year for the 360 do as well. Textures are a bit rough but I understand that some concessions had to be made. That sais, no content is cut for this version and I have had a blast with it. My GOTY. Compared to some other ports, this one is just fine....just don't expect XBone visuals.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.